• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

They are currently filming a sequel to my favourite movie of all time. Top Gun, hope the is another volleyball scene.

But it’s been delayed as Tom Cruise is training to become skilled at flying a fighter plane.

Whatever people say about him, and there are good and bad elements to him, he invests in his roles. He gives all that he can and with the Mission Impossible series, he has become one of the most reliable action stars of this generation.

I think that their comedies are a lot better than their dramas. Their dramas can still be good but don't reach the same heights. Buster Scruggs followed this for me but it was all very watchable.
Watched No Country again and it's very good. I also think The Man Who Wasn't There is one of their best.

My daughter works in the film business. Can't say too much about her duties. But she is adamant that we shouldn't spend money to watch the new Aquaman movie.

Which is mildly disappointing, considering I was pre-disposed to liking it having enjoyed the Entourage TV series in which a movie of the same name becomes an ongoing element in the plot and gets agent Ari Gold (the incomparable Jeremy Piven) all worked up.

I quite like the star of this flick, Jason Momoa, as an actor. He currently has a great role in the Canadian fur trade TV series Frontier - and has to work hard to battle the scene stealing performances of veteran English actor Alun Armstrong as a diabolical villain.

But she says... best leave off here. I trust her judgement immensely.

Last edited:
I quite like the star of this flick, Jason Momoa, as an actor. He currently has a great role in the Canadian fur trade TV series Frontier - and has to work hard to battle the scene stealing performances of veteran English actor Alun Armstrong as a diabolical villain.

But she says... best leave off here. I trust her judgement immensely.

Can not say anything about Aquaman but i have watched the first two series of Frontier and enjoyed them, looking forward to the 3rd series.

Back