• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Went to see they shall not grow old this afternoon. Very powerful. Not as emotional as I thought it might be but still very impactful. Definitely worth watching.

I watched it last weekend. I thought that it was alright but not great. Brilliantly choreographed and very violent but the plot is very thin.

Much like John Wick, the story isnt really that important. I dont disagree, its paper thin, but in this case didnt effect my enjoyment of it at all.

Batman Ninja, on Netflix.

Absolutely fudging terrible. Hilariously bad, but not in that "so bad, its good!" kind of way.

I mean, its called "Batman Ninja", I wasnt expecting oscar worthy greatness, rather just some fun.

But its so bad there is nothing to enjoy at all.

Bloody love the Coen Brothers, but they haven't really done anything near their best for the last ten years.

Last edited:
Batman Ninja, on Netflix.

Absolutely fudging terrible. Hilariously bad, but not in that "so bad, its good!" kind of way.

I mean, its called "Batman Ninja", I wasnt expecting oscar worthy greatness, rather just some fun.

But its so bad there is nothing to enjoy at all.
I love a lot of the batman animated films - this one I turned off half way through, I think it was made by the Japanese for their market, I am guessing it was released here just because Netflix chucked money at them.

I love a lot of the batman animated films - this one I turned off half way through, I think it was made by the Japanese for their market, I am guessing it was released here just because Netflix chucked money at them.

Produced by Warners, made in Japan. So not entirely divorced from the States.

After about 10 minutes I knew I wouldnt like it, but morbid curiosity saw me watch the whole thing.

I regret it.

Its terrible on a movie level, literally makes no sense. And its terrible as a Batman thing, it doesnt understand his character at all.

I kid you not, theres a bit that goes full power rangers too - including this shot:

1196162320_1.jpg

Watched the Grinch with the kids yesterday.

They enjoyed it, which is the main thing. And I thought it was bareable, if not even fun in places, which is high praise indeed for films like that!

Looking forward to The Coen brothers’ latest film - The Ballad of Buster Scruggs. It's released on Netflix this Friday.

Just finished watching it, found it entertaining in parts not so much in others. Will have a second viewing before making my mind on how good it was/or not.

Back