• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Really enjoyed the spectacle of Infinity War and rather vexed at having to wait a year for the companion film.
What an achievement to realise this story on the screen.
Very interested about the content of the two intervening marvel films as well in view of the events just seen (Captain Marvel, Ant-man and the Wasp)

Captain Marvel is set in the 80s, so its completely out of the time line but will allow for her to turn up at some point.

Ant Man Im not so sure. Look like a smaller scale story though, maybe the "when" isnt important?

Im watching Avengers tomorrow, cant wait!

Captain Marvel is set in the 80s, so its completely out of the time line but will allow for her to turn up at some point.

Ant Man Im not so sure. Look like a smaller scale story though, maybe the "when" isnt important?

Im watching Avengers tomorrow, cant wait!

Without saying too much, Captain Marvel will be interesting from the point of view of seeing what she can do, what (in the film version of the character) makes her special and what she can add.

Genuinely know little about her.

My interest in comic books is more the Garth Ennis side of things than Marvel/DC.

So far as they go Ive only really read the big event story lines, Death of Superman, Civil War etc...

So Captain Marvel, I kind of have the highlights but little more, so the MCU version of her will be my first impression.

From what I have read though she should be really interesting, its a next level kind of hero for the MCU I think.

Genuinely know little about her.

My interest in comic books is more the Garth Ennis side of things than Marvel/DC.

So far as they go Ive only really read the big event story lines, Death of Superman, Civil War etc...

So Captain Marvel, I kind of have the highlights but little more, so the MCU version of her will be my first impression.

From what I have read though she should be really interesting, its a next level kind of hero for the MCU I think.

Have you read his Punisher MAX run? it's wonderful.

Have you read his Punisher MAX run? it's wonderful.

Most of it, if not all. Thats the one where he ends up in Russia isnt it? If it is I enjoyed it a lot...

Re-read The Boys last month having finally got all the issues, holy fudge thats good. Probably better second time around.

Moving on to re-read Preacher once I finish Death Note.

Most of it, if not all. Thats the one where he ends up in Russia isnt it? If it is I enjoyed it a lot...

Re-read The Boys last month having finally got all the issues, holy fudge thats good. Probably better second time around.

Moving on to re-read Preacher once I finish Death Note.

Russia, Hells Kitchen etc yeah, its a wonderful run, I really do enjoy Ennis's work, in fact The Boys may be the only one I'm not too fond of. Preacher is probably my favourite.

The Boys has got a TV show coming soon I believe, same team as Preacher possibly.

Russia, Hells Kitchen etc yeah, its a wonderful run, I really do enjoy Ennis's work, in fact The Boys may be the only one I'm not too fond of. Preacher is probably my favourite.

The Boys has got a TV show coming soon I believe, same team as Preacher possibly.

I adore The Boys, and thought it even better on re-reading, might be worth a go?

I really enjoyed the first season of Preacher, but the second lost it for me. I understood the deviation from the book to establish the characters etc in s1, but 2 was just a drag.

Im hoping The Boys stays closer to the material.

Just watched I Daniel Blake....a very tough watch

Find it difficult to imagine how hard it is to make films like these

brilliant too

My wife’s a mental health social worker and We live a well off area but even then she sees some dire signs of poverty

Last edited:
brilliant too

My wife’s a mental health social worker and Wendy live a well off area but even then she sees some dire signs of poverty

Thats the job i wanted to do! Back in the day. Don't think I had the cahonas to cope with bad cases.
Been meaning to get round to watching I Daniel Blake. But I feared its impact on me....coward or what.

Thats the job i wanted to do! Back in the day. Don't think I had the cahonas to cope with bad cases.
Been meaning to get round to watching I Daniel Blake. But I feared its impact on me....coward or what.

It is an emotional watch but brilliant none the less

Back