• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

I’ve got a Cineworld Unlimited card and still cannot be bothered to watch that. That’s 4 duds on the trot for Matt Damon following on from: Suburbicon + The Great Wall + Jason Bourne.

It's not even a bad comedy. It's just so terrible I can't even describe it.

Was considering Suburbicon. Thanks for the tip - will avoid :)

I watched Coco, on Tuesday. I thought it was great.

But nothing else worth seeing in the cinema, which is a shame as I would otherwise have gone tonight.

Not yet. Is it worth watching?
giphy.gif

Three Billboards

What an overrated load of tosh. Some decent acting performances, but the writing was terrible.

Watched Coco the other day, classic Pixar formula.
Really enjoyed it, for what it is, but they stopped being something "new" a while back didnt they?

Baywatch - I thoroughly enjoyed. It knows how preposterous it is and just plays up to that. Was a lot of fun.

Chips - Its stupid and puerile but it is fun if you like that sort of thing.

Hidden Figures - Bloody good film about three black women working at NASA trying to get the first man into space. Though its more about the way black people were treated at the time. Heartbreaking in places but well worth watching.

Off to Black Panther this afternoon :)

Three Billboards

What an overrated load of tosh. Some decent acting performances, but the writing was terrible.
I thought it was very good but overrated with the Oscar buzz - until I saw the previous recent winners:

Moonlight / Spotlight / Birdman / 12 years a slave / Argo / The Artist* / The Kings speech

Nothing amazing there and would have Three billboards at this level.

Watched lady Bird and I am honestly at a loss at the reaction, its the same coming of age story that has been done loads of times before and better. Oh why we are at it Get Out was good but it was a decent horror flick and nothing more, if it is nominated then Babadook should have won the thing.

*I understand why this won.

i didn't feel 3 Billboards either - dunno if it was here that i posted it but it felt like a movie that had worked out all the sides stories but forgot what the main focus was meant to be - was like a roast dinner with all the trimmings but someone forgot to but the beef in the oven

i didn't feel 3 Billboards either - dunno if it was here that i posted it but it felt like a movie that had worked out all the sides stories but forgot what the main focus was meant to be - was like a roast dinner with all the trimmings but someone forgot to but the beef in the oven
I get this and largely agree, I think without the hype I would have liked it a lot more as it was it left me wanting more.

Back