• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Watched the new mummy film
Total gash

I concur. It's a Tom Cruise movie, which means it's a string of action sequences loosely tied together by something masquerading as a plot with a love interest played by someone half his age. I had lost all interest long before Russell Crowe had finished his exposition voice over at the start.

Saw Alien Covenant and somehow it managed to be even worse than Prometheus. Gave up after 40 minutes of watching poorly written characters make idiotic decisions. This is why I don't go to the cinema anymore.

Another sequel is apparently being planned already where they'll most likely do another rewrite of the same script.

It was awful
Plodded along and they almost had the ending written before knowing how to get there I assume

Saw Alien Covenant and somehow it managed to be even worse than Prometheus. Gave up after 40 minutes of watching poorly written characters make idiotic decisions. This is why I don't go to the cinema anymore.

Another sequel is apparently being planned already where they'll most likely do another rewrite of the same script.

Planet of the Apes is the only good film this year so far from a franchise. Maybe Logan too actually.

There have been a lot of other really good films - Dunkirk, Baby Driver, Red Turtle, Raw, Prevenge, Okja, The Handmaiden etc. - but they've all been original/standalone screenplays.

I concur. It's a Tom Cruise movie, which means it's a string of action sequences loosely tied together by something masquerading as a plot with a love interest played by someone half his age. I had lost all interest long before Russell Crowe had finished his exposition voice over at the start.

Can not stand watching Tom Cruise in any movie as that is all he plays, Tom Cruise ( wooden actor), the biggest joke of all was when he was picked to play Jack Reacher, then i heard he was the one who backed it with money so that explained it.

Can not stand watching Tom Cruise in any movie as that is all he plays, Tom Cruise ( wooden actor), the biggest joke of all was when he was picked to play Jack Reacher, then i heard he was the one who backed it with money so that explained it.

I think Magnolia is the only thing I can stomach him in since the mid-90s.

Liked the flying scenes and musak in top gun

This is Kelly McGillis now.........it is happening to us all
kellym.jpg

Death Note on Netflix.

Oh damn its bad.

As a Death Note fan I am disappointed in every single aspect of this film as an adaptation.

As a film fan I cannot believe how fundamentally poorly made this is.

Its so bad Im not even mad about it, just confused!

I thought IT was excellent. Reminded me of the Goonies. A tight group of friends with a mission to stamp out the demonic beast. There were a lot of scares, although it wasn't as scary as it could have been. The acting was spot on, and showcased a number of potential future stars. Overall well worth a watch.

I thought IT was excellent. Reminded me of the Goonies. A tight group of friends with a mission to stamp out the demonic beast. There were a lot of scares, although it wasn't as scary as it could have been. The acting was spot on, and showcased a number of potential future stars. Overall well worth a watch.
What was, Top Gun?

Agree. One of my all time favourites by Stephen King, and the movie was actually very good. Great acting!

Re-watched the 1990 "It" TV two parter with the missus last week & it was amazing how BAD the acting is in it. The lead (John Boy from The Waltons for those of us of a certain age) was so wooden he made Tom Cruise look like Jack Nicholson!!

I read the book years ago and really enjoyed it so I think we will be catching the remake sometime this week. In a similar vein we're looking forward to the second series of "Stranger Things" dropping on Netflix too.

I have something of a "never go back" policy with films from my youth I loved.

The vast majority are actually rubbish, or just havent aged well, and it kind of robs them from your fond memories.

Back