• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

I think it's worth going to see. Watching any film in the cinema is a much better experience...unless you have a crazy good home entertainment system...and Guardians2 is good fun.

Think I preferred vol 2 to the first movie, it certainly looked & sounded great in IMAX 3D :cool:

Im sick to the back teeth of the plethora mediocre superhero movies.

Watched Manchester by the Sea recently, a proper film. 8/10

Was a breath of fresh air to watch quality drama like this this up multiplex, superb performance from Casey Affleck.

Watch the Train to Busan if you like suspense horror films. Its a Korean zombie film on a train

Brilliant. I watched it on a train next to a Korean girl who had seen it and was genuinely shocked that someone over here had even heard of it

i watched Get Out last night, was expecting to be disappointed due to the hype it got but was impressed - didn't go in knowing too much about it so wont reveal any details, but if you like thriller/horror movies id defo recommend

8/10

Just watched it now. First half is good, but not great. Ended up skipping most of the second half as it all got rather generic/boring and I had already figured out what was going on.

Watch the Train to Busan if you like suspense horror films. Its a Korean zombie film on a train

Brilliant. I watched it on a train next to a Korean girl who had seen it and was genuinely shocked that someone over here had even heard of it
I thought TtB was a bit hackneyed, silly, predictable, same old same old zombie attack film really. Considering it was supposed to be such a change / breath of fresh air for the zombie genre

Watched Brimstone last night. Two and half hours went by in an instant. Dark, dark stuff. Did a good job on portraying the main characters and you really feel for them. Godtards not too happy about it obviously, but probably quite realistic for that time period although some things may have been exaggerated for dramatic effect.

Hm. Why use that word?

I thought TtB was a bit hackneyed, silly, predictable, same old same old zombie attack film really. Considering it was supposed to be such a change / breath of fresh air for the zombie genre

It's zombies on a train!!!!

And they all die pretty much which is why it was great

Hm. Why use that word?

People who think their religion is infallible and believe everything they read in the bible.

It shows religion used as a tool to control others and how easily people go along with almost anything as long as "GHod told me".

People who think their religion is infallible and believe everything they read in the bible.

It shows religion used as a tool to control others and how easily people go along with almost anything as long as "GHod told me".

I understand. That seems more acceptable.

I am really looking forward to the new Dunkirk movie, Mark Rylance and Kenneth Branagh two of Britain's best ever theatre actors. It is going to be amazing.

The old movie has this scene on the beach at night where one of the characters shouts out "I dont want to die" and in the background another character shouts out "you might bloody have to" Always makes me think of my dad because we always used to say this line to each other, I miss him sometimes.

I think if you are not British you might not get the humour from the situation, it is not laughing at someone who is scared but laughing in the face of adversity. I understand this more as I age, I think that one line sums up what it means to be British to be honest.

I think it's worth going to see. Watching any film in the cinema is a much better experience...unless you have a crazy good home entertainment system...and Guardians2 is good fun.
I agree there are aspects of the cinema that make it a better experience, but i did buy a crazy good home cinema as i personally enjoy more watching a film in the comfort of my own home, not just to avoid ridiculous cinema prices, but i like to watch a film on my terms if that makes sense? Dont get me wrong, for the massive releases that im interested in, say star wars for example, il go to the cinema, but the cinema has lost its charm over the years.

I watched the Hollow Point the other day, I enjoyed it in a crap but watchable film kinda way.

Also watched a film about a mental asylum in the US where they get transported back in time, was a pile of garbage

Other people are the reason I just upgraded my speakers and ordered a projector.
So scara what you getting?
Must admit the last twice I've been to the cinema the sound has been cack, very hard and brittle. Guardians of the galaxy was the last one at Glasgow imax screen and I swore I wouldn't go back.

Reluctantly I upgraded to a 3d pj but I'm not falling for it again with the new sound codecs. 7 speakers is enough, atmos can stick it.

Must admit the last twice I've been to the cinema the sound has been cack, very hard and brittle. Guardians of the galaxy was the last one at Glasgow imax screen and I swore I wouldn't go back.

Reluctantly I upgraded to a 3d pj but I'm not falling for it again with the new sound codecs. 7 speakers is enough, atmos can stick it.
I don't have a dedicated cinema room so everything has to be high on the WAF.

So I've just bought a Kef T105 set for the main sound, a 92" manual retract screen (until the budget allows for a good auto one) and the Benq W1110s. That seems like a good compromise between price and quality considering 4K projectors will be coming down in price over the next few years.

My amp is a little old and doesn't do atmos (which I want for the height), so when I upgrade that I'll be getting a couple of Ci3-80QTs to keep in with the WAF.

Last edited:
I don't have a dedicated cinema room so everything has to be high on the WAF.

So I've just bought a Kef T501 set for the main sound, a 92" manual retract screen (until the budget allows for a good auto one) and the Benq W1110s. That seems like a good compromise between price and quality considering 4K projectors will be coming down in price over the next few years.

My amp is a little old and doesn't do atmos (which I want for the height), so when I upgrade that I'll be getting a couple of Ci3-80QTs to keep in with the WAF.

The kefs look interesting, really slim. I try to not look to often at new gear, it costs me too much :(.
To replace amp, disc player, PJ and speakers with 4k and up to date audio codecs with similar to what I have would be £5k, just not worth it in my view.
They will need replaced at some point, but hopefully not anytime soon.

The kefs look interesting, really slim. I try to not look to often at new gear, it costs me too much :(.
To replace amp, disc player, PJ and speakers with 4k and up to date audio codecs with similar to what I have would be £5k, just not worth it in my view.
They will need replaced at some point, but hopefully not anytime soon.
The reviews on them are incredible. They may not be the most accurate sound produced, but in terms of quality Vs WAF they're unmatched. £700 on a pj is the very most I'll spend knowing that 4k isn't that far off.

Is the sound quality not better in the Dolby Atmos equipped Superscreens in Glasgow? As I've been impressed with the 64 channel surround at my local Cineworld multiplex.

Makes the 6.0 surround sound that is used for IMAX Digital seem a tad old hat, although Leicester Square and Sheffield have been upgraded to the new 12.0 IMAX Laser system.

CIbKVDiWUAAfQr1.jpg:large

Back