• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

I enjoyed it, but it's not as good as the first one. But, how could it be?
I seem to be in the minority but I actually preferred volume 2 to the first movie!

It probably helps that I watched the new movie at a big, loud IMAX which makes almost any blockbuster more enjoyable :cool:

I seem to be in the minority but I actually preferred volume 2 to the first movie!

It probably helps that I watched the new movie at a big, loud IMAX which makes almost any blockbuster more enjoyable :cool:

I don't think me having toothache helped my enjoyment of the film, or watching the midnight screening. At that time of the night, when I struggle to sleep during the week, it was probably not the best choice but the temptation was too high to go and see it as soon as it was released.

I don't think me having toothache helped my enjoyment of the film, or watching the midnight screening. At that time of the night, when I struggle to sleep during the week, it was probably not the best choice but the temptation was too high to go and see it as soon as it was released.
I was tempted to go to the midnight screening but my local Cineworld was only doing both GotG movies as a double-feature in their IMAX screen and I didn't fancy 5 hours sat in same seat combined with late night.

Thankfully we managed to get some decent seats for the Friday evening screening (don't like being sat too near front at IMAX) before it sold out.

I just found myself laughing more during volume 2 plus it had an even better soundtrack imho and Kurt Russell was good value as always.

I really enjoyed Vol. 2, enjoyed the humour, the special effects, the music especially

Little Groot was funny, especially the 1st sequence to Mr Blue Sky one of my favourite songs of all time

I see that Anvil:The Story of Anvil is on Netflix UK. It's a wonderful film and everyone should watch it.

Last edited:
I see that Anvil:The Story of Anvil is on Netflix UK. It's a wonderful film and everyone should watch it.

agreed, a wonderful film about two wonderful blokes who (prolifically) made some wonderful music

the book is worth a read too

I'd be interested in what @thfcsteff has to say on this

I did like it, good story. Ultimately, I did not love it though. Not sure why to be honest, it was just 'good' to me. I can recommend a music doc which I believe is perhaps one of the greatest ever music films. DIG! It is about the Brian Jonestown Massacre v Dandy Warhols - a short sentence which does not even come CLOSE to doing it justice.

I did like it, good story. Ultimately, I did not love it though. Not sure why to be honest, it was just 'good' to me. I can recommend a music doc which I believe is perhaps one of the greatest ever music films. DIG! It is about the Brian Jonestown Massacre v Dandy Warhols - a short sentence which does not even come CLOSE to doing it justice.
Loved DIG! Need to watch it again.

i watched Get Out last night, was expecting to be disappointed due to the hype it got but was impressed - didn't go in knowing too much about it so wont reveal any details, but if you like thriller/horror movies id defo recommend

8/10

i watched Get Out last night, was expecting to be disappointed due to the hype it got but was impressed - didn't go in knowing too much about it so wont reveal any details, but if you like thriller/horror movies id defo recommend

8/10
Agreed. One of the best thrillers I've watched in recent years, even better than Green Room.

Just been to see Alien Covenant, I enjoyed it, sets up another film in the arc before the original Alien film

Fassbender is absolutely superb, exceptionally gory too

I watched for the first time ever a few good men yesterday, I have to say I was underwhelmed and it just followed the Tom Cruise story line. roostery good looking fella comes good and if the scene was not cut he would have got the girl.

I can't buy the no evidence story line and the success of the case is based on the US most hard Military Leader breaking under some soft questioning?

I watched for the first time ever a few good men yesterday, I have to say I was underwhelmed and it just followed the Tom Cruise story line. roostery good looking fella comes good and if the scene was not cut he would have got the girl.

I can't buy the no evidence story line and the success of the case is based on the US most hard Military Leader breaking under some soft questioning?

Don't forget Captain Queeg broken down over the strawberries!

anyone seen Guardians 2? Is it worth a trip to the flicks or wait for home release?

I think it's worth going to see. Watching any film in the cinema is a much better experience...unless you have a crazy good home entertainment system...and Guardians2 is good fun.

Im sick to the back teeth of the plethora mediocre superhero movies.

Watched Manchester by the Sea recently, a proper film. 8/10

Watched Brimstone last night. Two and half hours went by in an instant. Dark, dark stuff. Did a good job on portraying the main characters and you really feel for them. Godtards not too happy about it obviously, but probably quite realistic for that time period although some things may have been exaggerated for dramatic effect.

Back