• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Life was terrible. Not another reflection on my mental wellbeing but instead, a review of the poor, tension lacking, alien wannabe drama Life which stars Ryan Reynolds and Jake Gylenhal.

Life was terrible. Not another reflection on my mental wellbeing but instead, a review of the poor, tension lacking, alien wannabe drama Life which stars Ryan Reynolds and Jake Gylenhal.
Yes, apparently Life and The Lost City of Z are both rubbish

I just watched Whiplash. I was saving it as a treat for myself. It was a treat. Best film I have seen in a long time.

Whiplash, watched in the cinema, has been one of my very best cinema experiences*; especially as it was in a studio experience.

* at least in terms of the film. There have I have enjoyed better experiences in the cinema but those are for another place, another time.

Whiplash, watched in the cinema, has been one of my very best cinema experiences*; especially as it was in a studio experience.

* at least in terms of the film. There have I have enjoyed better experiences in the cinema but those are for another place, another time.

Not been to the cinema for years, do they still have the double seats? many a happy time in them.

fudge knows how it's toss

The Fate of the Furious has raced to the top of the box office chart - breaking an international record in the process.

The eighth film in the action thriller franchise took an estimated $532.5m (£424.7m) globally over Easter weekend.

The figure makes it the strongest worldwide debut ever - marginally overtaking the $529m (£421.8m) taken by Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

However, the film's US takings were down sharply on the previous movie.

Furious 7 opened with $147.2m (£117.3m) in the US when it was released in 2015 - but the latest instalment of the series debuted with $100.2m (£80m).

The Fate of the Furious - titled Fast & Furious 8 in some territories - stars Dwayne Johnson and Vin Diesel, who said he felt "grateful, humbled and blessed" after the film's success

Went to see The Handmaiden the other night, the GF chose it as it's by the same director as Oldboy - neither of us (or the other couple who came with us) knew anything about it other than that...

A dark drama I guess you'd say, set in three parts, following the story of a man and woman vying fir the affections (and fortunes) of a Japanese heiress very stylishly shot and as you'd expect from the director it was full of twists and turns, but what stuck out most were the numerous full-on (mostly) lesbian sex scenes, was quite the shock going in blind as we were expecting more of a thriller than something which would make Stoya blush

I've never seen any of the Fast & Furious. I have zero interest in seeing any of them.
The fact they've got up to film 8 astounds me, and puts it in to the realm of Police Academy.*
That's all I need to know.

I also went to see The Handmaiden with the other half and we both knew exactly what it was about :cool: thought it was really good, and not just "those" bits. :p

* Yeah, I know. Star Wars etc. Just not the same as a continuously increasing number in my mind...

Back