• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Loads of screeners have arrived on download sites

La La Land, Arrival, Patriots Day, Hidden Figures, Mysterious Beasts, its academy review time

It seemed to be going somewhere, but for me completely lost its way in the last 20 minutes

I liked it from the perspective that there was a double story, the hostage situation which was deeper than just for safety but for me it dragged at the start and the ending was too quick.

It reminded me of from Dusk till Dawn but where that film succeeded was the twist happened earlier in the film so the Vampire and SciFi element had a chance to play out, Cloverfield Lane was more thriller with abit of SciFi at the end...

That said I enjoyed the first time I watched it.

Unfriended now that was a weirdly engrossing film

So Star Wars The Last Jedi then
The last, Is that a promise, because after the original three they've all stunk.
I've not seen rogue one yet, but I'm sick of being told "they're great, must see, just like the originals." Just to be massively disappointed.

The last, Is that a promise, because after the original three they've all stunk.
I've not seen rogue one yet, but I'm sick of being told "they're great, must see, just like the originals." Just to be massively disappointed.

Same here. Been underwhelmed with all the recent prequels and sequels. Should have left it at the trilogy

Considering the money Disney paid for the rights I don't think we're anywhere near the last Star Wars movie.

If they continue at the same standard as the last two that's fine by me. Episodes 1-3 were brick though - but that was Lucas

Episode 7 was just "The Best Of Episodes 4, 5, 6"

I was very confused why people loved it... it was literally the same with the same baddies doing the same thing building a huge Death Star which could be destroyed by sneaking in blah blah... it was just the same film as 4/5/6 but smushed into one film

I loved The Force Awakens. Granted it was similar to the original trilogy but consider the huge pressure JJ Abrams was under, he was tasked with delivering a film that tied in with the originals whilst revitalising the franchise, keeping older fans happy and encouraging a new generation of fans to want to see it. Not sure what more he could have done realistically. Kylo Ren was/is a bad guy struggling to stay local to the dark side rather than a good guy being pulled to the dark side ala Anakin, it was a good role reversal.

Am I the only one who thought La La Land was overrated? Thought it was decent, but not 5* - the leads weren't great singers or dancers, I didn't find the songs that memorable, the lip syncing makes them much less enjoyable than a stage musical, it was weird how the songs were so unevenly spread throughout the film, and the plot was pretty straightforward.

I did enjoy it, mostly due to Gosling and Stone's performances, but just don't think it's worthy of all the accolades.

I wonder if I just don't enjoy nostalgia as much as others do - I felt similarly about Stranger Things, which everyone else seemed to love just because it was made as if it was the 80s.

Am I the only one who thought La La Land was overrated? Thought it was decent, but not 5* - the leads weren't great singers or dancers, I didn't find the songs that memorable, the lip syncing makes them much less enjoyable than a stage musical, it was weird how the songs were so unevenly spread throughout the film, and the plot was pretty straightforward.

I did enjoy it, mostly due to Gosling and Stone's performances, but just don't think it's worthy of all the accolades.

I wonder if I just don't enjoy nostalgia as much as others do - I felt similarly about Stranger Things, which everyone else seemed to love just because it was made as if it was the 80s.

No, it's way over rated - especially as a musical as all the songs were rather forgettable and the singing/dancing was mediocre. Holywood loves a Holywood themed movie though.

Don't agree on Stranger Things though, thought that was just a great show

Just watched Lion, incredible film, seeing all those poor kids makes you thankful how lucky we are really

Recently I am finding myself moved when I see bad things happening to children, I imagine in a couple of years time some really horrific documentaries will come out about what has happened in Syria.

Back