• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

We watched Passengers last night. Not as bad as i was led to believe. Like many a film I have seen, decent enough 1st half but then couldn't think of how to make it a good enough ending.
It had Jennifer Lawrence in it, so was always going to be worth watching in my eyes though

We watched Passengers last night. Not as bad as i was led to believe. Like many a film I have seen, decent enough 1st half but then couldn't think of how to make it a good enough ending.
It had Jennifer Lawrence in it, so was always going to be worth watching in my eyes though
I enjoyed the film too, we watched The Girl on the Train after, I fell asleep but my Mrs loved it

Rogue One was awesome

Agree

But the Peter Cushing stuff is wierd. He's my favourite actor and it feels like necrophilia. There's the whole uncanny valley thing with the mouth and eyes too. It was an unneccessary distraction and they should have cast an alive (and consenting) actor as a new character.

Blown away by Andy Garcia's performance, truly breathtaking.

The last 40 mins of RO was truly fantastic but agree, not as good as TFA. The first two acts were meh. Perhaps it was more of a film for the uber fan?
I felt that it was just a typical war film set in the Star Wars universe.

Fairly sure that was intentional given the plot and the fact that it is standalone.

The early HD Cam's that come out these days are such decent quality, the Passengers one that is floating around is excellent for a 1st version
If I wanted VCR quality, I would not have thrown away my VCR player 20 years ago. Even the very best of CAM's look utter brick (unless you watch movies on a 4" phone, which in itself is ridiculous.)

Assassins Creed, the worst film that I've seen in the cinema this year...and the only film, but still not the best. Disappointing film with attempted style, but little substance.

recently watched Rogue One, Fantastic Beasts, Arrival, Moana, Deadpool, Mad Max Fury Road, The Imitation Game, Bridesmaids, Jurassic World. Probably more.

Back