• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official Benoit Thread

09982fb0445611e2b4ee22000a1fbe6d_7.jpg

Please be in time for Saturday??? (might be just too soon)

The Cameroon defender has been Spurs' first-choice left-back for the last four seasons but has played just three times this term after a niggling knee injury flared up in September.

The prognosis of a four-week lay-off proved too optimistic but the 28-year-old is in line to end the year on a high note after stepping up his recovery.

He posted on Twitter: "Training with the team today!!! I hope I'll remember the name of everyone."

Manager Andre Villas-Boas could also enjoy another injury boost, ahead of Saturday's visit of Swansea, with Scott Parker due back.

The England midfielder has not played for the first team all after suffering an Achilles injury in the summer but turned out for the reserves and the U21s in the last week.

http://www.football365.com/tottenha...-ready-for-Tottenham-return-after-knee-injury

Obv not in squad for tomorrow then

I think it's positive news as from the frustration and the comment it would suggest that he feels that he is ready to come back and almost frustrated that he can't play tomorrow. Fingers crossed that he's ready for the game against Stoke.

Well as he didn't play a part in that reserve match on Tuesday (that Parker played from start to finish) then I guess it's no surprise that BAE isn't ready for first team action yet, hopefully he'll be back in the next couple of weeks.

I noticed he didn't feature in last night' U21 match and now he is doing an individual gym session :-k

Yeah, was supposed to be in contention for a place in the team against Swansea, seems to be recovering behind schedule.

I think it would be a decent idea to play Vertonghen at left back against Stoke anyway to have another tall player in the team (Caulker and Dawson as centre backs if both are available), so no need to rush Ekotto back at this point.

Yeah, was supposed to be in contention for a place in the team against Swansea, seems to be recovering behind schedule.

I think it would be a decent idea to play Vertonghen at left back against Stoke anyway to have another tall player in the team (Caulker and Dawson as centre backs if both are available), so no need to rush Ekotto back at this point.

I agree, whilst Naughton played well against Swansea I'm not sure how well he'll cope with Stoke' physical style of play. Although it's a bit of a shame to break up a CB partnership which didn't allow a single shot on target in that game and it would be nice to have a settled pairing at some point.

I agree, whilst Naughton played well against Swansea I'm not sure how well he'll cope with Stoke' physical style of play. Although it's a bit of a shame to break up a CB partnership which didn't allow a single shot on target in that game and it would be nice to have a settled pairing at some point.

I think Naughton will cope fine in open play, but adding a player or two that can really challenge in the air for the set plays can make a real difference in games like these imo. Much tougher for Stoke to build pressure by winning set piece after set piece when we have a few players in addition to the centre halves that can really put up a fight for those long throws and set pieces.

Dawson, Caulker, Vertonghen, Sandro, Dembele as well as Dempsey and Ade (if fit), Walker is reasonably good in the air too and we should be able to deal with whatever Stoke (literally) throw our way.

Add to that Sandro (and Dembele) who can challenge for the first header after their long hoofs from the goalie leaving our centre backs in position to deal with whatever happens after that first duel in the air and I would be feeling quite confident. Normally Stoke will sit back away from home and I would imagine they will do that against, the only real issue will be how to unlock their back 10 or whatever it will be.

Back