• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

o/t (ish) Nor Cal Spurs

monkeybarry

Ian Walker
anyone one here from Northern California?

im moving to Sacramento early next year - so time to start networking!

No, but I've been there. It's full of gays and Mexicans. Summers are hot as **** and air quality is Pittsburgh tier, also I hope you like traffic
Stay away from South Sacramento (Broadway & Fruitridge), Del Paso Heights, North Highlands and most of Rancho Cordova.

No, but I've been there. It's full of gays and Mexicans. Summers are hot as **** and air quality is Pittsburgh tier, also I hope you like traffic
Stay away from South Sacramento (Broadway & Fruitridge), Del Paso Heights, North Highlands and most of Rancho Cordova.

:ross:

Ignoring the idiocy of the previous poster (it's 2013, sort yourself out pal), Northern California is a pretty good place for Spurs fans, especially when you make it up to San Francisco. I recently left there to move to NYC, and the SF Supporters club is one of the best ones in the States. I've watched a few matches w/ the LA Supporters too, and if you end up down there, they are a great crowd as well.

I don't know a ton about Sacramento (I grew up in the SF area, about 1hr 30min away), but if you aren't the type who is afraid of different types of people, I'd imagine you'll quite like it. It's not the most metropolitan, hip part of California, but it has fantastic weather and is surrounded by great outdoorsy stuff. I have a few friends who live there, and they all seem to like its laid-back feel and affordable rents. There's a Sacramento supporters club there, though I haven't been.

Good luck with your move, and I'm sure you won't have a problem finding some likeminded supporters.

To the OP: I live in San Francisco, which as noted is a bit of a drive from Sacramento. However, there are a good number of Spurs supporters in the Bay Area! I haven't spent much time in Sacramento, but I doubt you'll have a problem finding places to watch the matches. Might I suggest finding the local (official!) supporters' club on Facebook (SF Spurs), requesting to join and introducing yourself? I am one of the admins, and you'll find updates on there! Shoot me a message if you have any questions!

On the subject of Sacramento, I can safely say that it's one of the worst places to live in all of California. A cowtown if i'm being totally honest! I hope you have a high paying job waiting for you in the "Sack" !!! You would have to pay me a lot of money to live in that **** hole! Highest state tax, so I find California to be pointless unless you're living on the coast. There is absolutely no difference between Sacramento and who the f$@# knows where in Iowa. Except of course for the fact that everything is much more expensive in California.

Stay away from Fresno, Sacramento, Alberto, Humberto, and anywhere in the I.E

On the subject of Sacramento, I can safely say that it's one of the worst places to live in all of California. A cowtown if i'm being totally honest! I hope you have a high paying job waiting for you in the "Sack" !!! You would have to pay me a lot of money to live in that **** hole! Highest state tax, so I find California to be pointless unless you're living on the coast. There is absolutely no difference between Sacramento and who the f$@# knows where in Iowa. Except of course for the fact that everything is much more expensive in California.

Stay away from Fresno, Sacramento, Alberto, Humberto, and anywhere in the I.E

Aren't you a ray of sunshine?...

Thanks for the above guys, will deff check out the SF supporters club-but he'll no will I driving to see games in Sf!
although getting up that early might miss some of the Bay Area traffic !!!

Yeah sac is a bit 'meh', but it could be a whole lot worse.
I've grown up I St. Albans for the last 31years, so trust me the 'high taxes and cost of living' is relative!

My wife is from sac (well Roseville), so that is where our US support network is and the prospect of buying property and having kids is a million times better than the uk.
Luckily we are the kind of people to go out find the entertainment we want, so won't be restricting ourselves to the sac town.

Agree on most of the places mentioned to avoid with the exception of rancho Cordova. What is your negative perception of rancho?
Will be look either in nationals, just above American river (flood insurance depending!!) or fair oaks/Carmichael area.

It is going to be a very interesting year ahead - pretty much starting over!!!

coys

Will be look either in nationals, just above American river (flood insurance depending!!) or fair oaks/Carmichael area.

It is going to be a very interesting year ahead - pretty much starting over!!!

coys

I went whitewater rafting on the middle fork of the American River last summer. It was definitely in the top 5 most fun and exciting things I've done in the past couple of years! Highly recommended and will be an easy trip from where you're at.

I went whitewater rafting on the middle fork of the American River last summer. It was definitely in the top 5 most fun and exciting things I've done in the past couple of years! Highly recommended and will be an easy trip from where you're at.

really?!

i hadn't realized AR was quite so boisterous!

Back