• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Barton... again!?

I don't think he's thick at all, an idiot maybe but he is pretty intelligent - especially by footballing standards....

well stubbing a ciggy out on someones eye infront if witnesses is pretty stupid behaviour, beating some up in full view of cctv is pretty stupid. If i wanted to do things like that i would check my route first to see if any cctv could place me in the area, i would leave my mobile at home so no signal could place me in the area. I would make sure the clothes i were wearing were clean so no dna could be found on me and then i would burn after the fight.

But i suppose if i joined twitter and wrote things out online and then googled them to check i had spelt them correctly or googled for philosophy then i could pass myself of as an intellect.

There's a difference between saying what you think and saying things just to be controversial or to try and offend someone, joey does the later and that makes him a ****. This is exactly as Silva says, no one cares about Barton and he's craving attention so says something controversial on Twitter.

Not a single club in England was willing to put up with his brick and I bet the French are starting to get fed up of him as well. fudging tosser.

well stubbing a ciggy out on someones eye infront if witnesses is pretty stupid behaviour, beating some up in full view of cctv is pretty stupid. If i wanted to do things like that i would check my route first to see if any cctv could place me in the area, i would leave my mobile at home so no signal could place me in the area. I would make sure the clothes i were wearing were clean so no dna could be found on me and then i would burn after the fight.

lol 200px-Gareth_keenan.jpg

Enjoying CSI?

Joey Barton betting statement. Have to say I agree with him on quite a few points. It's hypocrisy at the highest levels to ban a player for betting, and at the same time the sport and the broadcasters are loaded with marketing, advertising and sponsors for betting.
http://www.joeybarton.com/betting-statement/

That's actually a very humble and sensible statement. Whether he wrote it himself, I guess is debatable, but the issues he raises in regards to the hypocrisy with football's - and Sky in particular - tight links with gambling, are very relevant and something I would hope will be addressed properly.

Yes, a good statement and it seems harsh to ban him for so long, particularly at his age. Can he go play in USA though?

(The end of that article lists some of his bets, he lost nearly every one!)

One of the world`s best defenders, with a history of professionalism and solidity, versus an over-rated, over-paid ding donghead. Why people still give him media attention is utterly beyond me.

He was a chav years ago, but for someone reasons other chavs liked him, now he is around. Would have been better to nip it in the bud early. Is one reason why I never use twitter.

That's actually a very humble and sensible statement. Whether he wrote it himself, I guess is debatable, but the issues he raises in regards to the hypocrisy with football's - and Sky in particular - tight links with gambling, are very relevant and something I would hope will be addressed properly.

No it is not fair nothing at all. All employees of football clubs have to sign an agreement to not gamble regardless of whether they are a kitchen porter or a coach.

Also if you are a lorry driver delivering Beer to supermarkets does it mean you can drink and drive of do you still follow the rules of the road.

Yes, the statement makes some very good points, especially about Sky's coverage being intertwined with betting and the comparison with other players given large bans.

The irony of his punishment being not being able to advertise the betting company that sponsor Burnley needs a mention.

Needs to be parity in the game for me.

The FA has made betting a cut and dry subject in Football, no betting what so ever even if the games you bet on have no bearing on your games or league, that goes down into Non League.

The problem I have with these bans is how serious is the FA taking all subjects, Suarez got an 8 match ban for racism which was direct at another professional, so in comparison his offence had a direct point to point link, him to another, and he got 8 games, even though the world is told that the game is determined to KICK IT OUT, its elitism at its best to limit these bans. If I said the same thing on the terrace I would be banned for life.

Bans should be there to set an example, the FA got Bartons ban right, they got Suarez and racism wrong,

No it is not fair nothing at all. All employees of football clubs have to sign an agreement to not gamble regardless of whether they are a kitchen porter or a coach.

Also if you are a lorry driver delivering Beer to supermarkets does it mean you can drink and drive of do you still follow the rules of the road.
do you consider addiction a mental illness (I do) - is it not the same as telling someone depressed to get over it.

i think that's a bit harsh for a self-admitted gambler with addiction problems, he wasn't "willfully" betting to make a profit, like the poster said above, he lost most of his bets, he didnt cause any harm to anyone apart from his own bank balance, this finishes his career.

I agree with his point about football being dependent on gambling marketing money though, to ensure the message is consistent they should look at the level of marketing push on the back of the game. I think the ban is good and the right length I think gambling in sport regardless should be cracked down on and as to his point about addiction players get more support than anyone on this. But the marketing side needs to match the FAs stance on it in my opinion

Back