1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Northumberland Development Project - Test Events are GO! We open with Palace.

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Jordinho, 12 Feb 2013.

1. billyiddo

billyiddo Paul Stewart Staff Member

I think having the best part of two years away at Wembley will help in that regard as moving to the new ground will very much feel like we're moving back as opposed to moving somewhere new - it's going to be some atmosphere for the opening game i tell you...

Robbo likes this.
  2. Jon

Jon Young-Pyo Lee

Not sure I follow. Where’s that?

By the way, have I told you about my pet avacado?

3. GinolaGinolaGinola

GinolaGinolaGinola Terry Venables

On a serious note I'm not posting to boost my post count at all. Im a superstitious kinda girl and do believe that if we reach 1000 posts we will become closer to opening the ground. Albeit I do believe the posts should be legitimate and not just one worded responses. For example I wear spurs socks on match days and don't post in match threads on here at the moment. I also only watch a minimum of 45 minutes of the game every time without fail too.

MKSpur likes this.
  4. GinolaGinolaGinola

GinolaGinolaGinola Terry Venables

5. greatwhitenorf

greatwhitenorf Eidur Gudjohnsen

"Stunning" says yer man, Robbo.

Decent, says I, looking over the aerial shots and remaining pretty clear headed.

I mean, y'know, it's yer basic bored-bachelor-bloke-with-RC-toy-he'd-trade-in-an-instant-for-a-toy-chosen-by-good-looking-bird-he-fancies-who-can't-fathom-why-blokes-would-rather-play-wi'-drones-like pic.

Last edited: 22 Feb 2019
  6. mephitis

mephitis Bobby Mimms

We talking wabbits here?

7. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Colin Calderwood Staff Member

I will only repeat what I said on my tour of everything back in early January. When I stepped out into the stands themselves, it literally took my breath. It managed to achieve this impossible thing; feeling like home and feeling like a mighty new cathedral. My instant feeling was that we will fudging smash teams in there and these players are going to fall in love with it. Like we will. Somehow -and this must be architects!- they have managed to make it feel like "home" and in some way, a tad like the old Lane in terms of closeness to the pitch and overall vibe. It is incredible, and every time I see Levy get slagged off I just fudging have too laugh because he has been all over delivering this like a persistent rash, and whether it took an extra 8 months or not will seem like sweet fudge all when we are finally in. It really really will. Which is why we have to keep supporting at Wembley whenever we get the chance! Because this is going to be the fudging business!

mephitis, nayenezgani, Robbo and 4 others like this.
  8. MKSpur

MKSpur Kasey Keller

I’ve just realised that if it wasn’t for my efforts to drag this thread to 1000 pages I might have had a 1:1 like to post ratio! Talk about team player!!

Drew, SteveAWOL, NoLimits01 and 3 others like this.
  9. Jon

Jon Young-Pyo Lee

Have another one from me. X

MKSpur likes this.
  10. parklane1

parklane1 Luka Modric

I first walked through the gates in 1961 and its been my second home ever since so yes i will miss it, however as others have said its still on the same piece of ground, i will still approach it from the same direction, still have the same landmarks on my way to the ground, my heart will still be full of anticipation, excitement, hope, joy.

As for it fading from my memory i doubt that will ever happen, so many days of utter joy ( and sadness at times) there will be so many games that will be remembered, and as for the euro nights under the lights that will live with me for ever.

thfcsteff, nayenezgani, Robbo and 4 others like this.
  11. MKSpur

MKSpur Kasey Keller

I’m a nostalgic type of guy so I think I’ll miss it and some elements will never be replaced. I might even miss the bits about WHL I didn’t like.

When the cellophane is finally taken off and it will take a while to make the new place seem like home, the fact that we will be recreating old journeys and pre match routines is a good start, the pre and post game drink and food offer could go a long way to creating a new culture where what used to be a nod and a grunt now becomes an in depth discussion with ‘the bloke I see at football’. This may also include the important things like the benefits of a back 3 along with any mental health gains and in game solidarity.

The two biggest challenges for the new stadium will be the post game travel, especially for mid week evening or later kick offs and the change in atmosphere. I’m hoping the latter will be much improved on Wembley when more people attend in groups and attend most games, thus keeping like minded fans together consistently along the physical design features added to the new WHL to benefit this.

We left WHL on an incredible high, going unbeaten and with a great young team emerging. Wembley has been a big step down for many reasons, but the same team and it’s continued improvement has meant I’ve still managed to take some good memories and experiences from our time there. When all is said and done it’s still what happens on the pitch that will put bums on seats (standing during moments of high excitement)

thfcsteff, mephitis, Robbo and 2 others like this.
  12. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Johnny Morrison

From the same chap

13. LemonadeMoney

LemonadeMoney Nick Barmby

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.6...899&pitch=0&thumbfov=100!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

Robbo likes this.
  14. LemonadeMoney

LemonadeMoney Nick Barmby

15. Gutter Boy

Gutter Boy Tim Sherwood

The main bit I'll miss is the Bill Nich gates/entrance by the side road next to the old White Hart pub. I remember fondly the hours stood round there as a kid getting autographs from Sheringham, Ginola, Anderton etc.

I really wish we'd gone for the design that kept the 4 old houses. The brown wall thing in their place looks a bit crap.

Otherwise the outside of the east stand was architecturally ok. But everything else was about the vibe, not the buildings.

MKSpur likes this.
  16. MKSpur

MKSpur Kasey Keller

17. harr1984

harr1984 Paul Stalteri

Having only seen images of NWHL for past however many months and now for the first time in ages seeing images of the original WHL really makes me realise how much I will miss the old place, as fantastic as the new stadium is going to be......

18. Rorschach

Rorschach Tommy Harmer

Nearly there with the veil ...
    [​IMG]

Robbo, nayenezgani, mephitis and 7 others like this.
  19. JerusalemMan

JerusalemMan Ruel Fox

And a maximum of 45 minutes too, right?

20. Gutter Boy

Gutter Boy Tim Sherwood

Shame its the starboard veil and not the port one.

21. NoLimits01

NoLimits01 Danny Murphy

There needs to be a groan button on this site