• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

I like the lit logo on the veil.

JdXvEOD.gif
Yoof speak

Dat is well lit

I will confess I recently had a full tour of the stadium. My first impression of the pitch/stands left me speechless. I cannot tell you exactly why, but the place feels like home. It looks like home. It IS home. It feels very intimate and intimidating, yet huge at the same time. Every single element of the stadium has been conceived and created with the ethos of the club/spirit of the supporters in mind. It is a very, VERY special stadium, and I can absolutely understand why the manager is keen to get in ASAP, because my feeling immediately was that we will smash teams in there week after week. One thing which hasn't been mentioned is the roof design and how it will work with corner angles of the East/West Stands at the Park Lane end to create a LOT of noise. This is not going to be a quiet stadium!!!!! Anyway, it is everything others have said and then some for me personally. Further, the concourse areas have so many great and different food and drink options, that I firmly believe many will be there early to walk around the stadium and sample a bit of everything on offer; there is great stuff everywhere, and it looks to me like the club have done a great job in bth providing top class facilities for EVERYONE (not just corporate) and making sure they have the wares to attract us to the grand early.
It is well worth the wait.

p.s. a special word for Daniel Levy here. Debate all you want, but when you step inside this place, you will see the fruits of his excellent, excellent work and determination to deliver not just a great new stadium, but the best one in Europe. Quite how it has achieved both intimacy and size miraculous. The man deserves your praise and respect, something which will be clear when it is open. FWIW I have no connection with him whatsoever, and my opinion is purely based on what I saw.
What about the corner flag areas......don't slope off without giving us the heads up...pah.

That was what they were filming a couple of weeks ago, with the drone being spotted. Lucky kids. I wonder if thats going to lead on to the spurs ladies being one of the test events?
Could be an opportunity to smash a Women’s club attendance record?

As a long time lurker of SSC I feel you should also have posted this follow up quote from THFC_DAN@SSC, (and kudos for him to have the desire to ask and repost from someone in this very niche market).

"After it being alleged the software had been written to accommodate 3,000 instead of an apparently installed 4,500, I asked a family friend how much of an issue this would present. He is a lead engineer whose company has developed critical control systems for a number of huge national infrastructure projects. His view was that that in itself shouldn't necessarily represent a major programming problem as such systems are configured flexibly. He doesn't buy the claim that 'the panel falls over' because of an increased number of zones. He said the main delaying factor can come in developing and/or updating the graphics, which is very laborious and time consuming."

As a long time lurker of SSC I feel you should also have posted this follow up quote from THFC_DAN@SSC, (and kudos for him to have the desire to ask and repost from someone in this very niche market).

"After it being alleged the software had been written to accommodate 3,000 instead of an apparently installed 4,500, I asked a family friend how much of an issue this would present. He is a lead engineer whose company has developed critical control systems for a number of huge national infrastructure projects. His view was that that in itself shouldn't necessarily represent a major programming problem as such systems are configured flexibly. He doesn't buy the claim that 'the panel falls over' because of an increased number of zones. He said the main delaying factor can come in developing and/or updating the graphics, which is very laborious and time consuming."

I didn't notice it at the time. It fits more with my semi-educated guess that they're not writing software, but using existing tools to design a graphic control interface. If the installation wasn't done as designed then checking every connection and making the necessary changes is going to require many, many man hours.

I didn't notice it at the time. It fits more with my semi-educated guess that they're not writing software, but using existing tools to design a graphic control interface. If the installation wasn't done as designed then checking every connection and making the necessary changes is going to require many, many man hours.

That’s what they have been doing though

Having re-read my post, apologies if I came across in an acusatory tone :)

During my carreer, I've had exposure to integrated hardware/software development lifecycles and unless the centralized control system software was a completely new system, (i.e a re-write from C# to Java), I cannot imagine major software development cycles are required against the core control system.

Front end dashboards or monitoring systems are relatively easy to configure in my experience with enterprise monitoring solutions. I readily accept I have no knowledge of safety control systems so Bedforspurs, I really look forward to anything you can post after your meeting.:rolleyes:

I can only speculate that some documentation / version control issues occured during the safety systems installation cycle or damages took place after (or a combination of both) and now they are tracing and validating all final physical installations against the final build blueprints. if this is the case I hope that they are integrating and validating each point as they go. Whatever's happened big firms tend to roll out their top staff to resolve public and damaging situations that may have a negative effect their shareprices.

For a diversionary tactic, I also found myself watching "The Final" on youtube earlier. Well worth the watch again for anyone who has seen it once. Cheered me right up :) Also made me realise how much of the Lane they have retained in the new design...

COYS!!! :)

This 'proyect' is beginning to make me just ever-so-slightly sarcastic. Makes me think of that great Australian mockumentary, The Games, that came out before the Sydney Olympics. An hysterically droll pi55take on the build up to the games.

If you watched it, one of the funniest core gags was a 100-metre track that was compromised by a building schedule that forced them to build a track that only measured 94 (noindy-fower) metres. The solution was not to admit the problem. No, executives slyly dreamed up how to shift focus: "Think of the records? This will be the fastest 100 metre(meedar) track in the world."

Back