• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

How long have we operated by largely spending what we earn in player sales? Ten seasons, more?

It's how we're run and you know it. Stop talking nonsense.

I'm not sure its 10 seasons, but we've been buying up ground and planning for the new stadium for a while so the financial was well before ground being broken. I think we'll all guessing somewhat as to Levy's plans once the stadium has been finished

The ticketing announcement for the 3 PL games specifically states the capacity to be 51K, but as you say there is no mention of capacity in the Dortmund ticket details. From a quick google it seems we can make an application to Brent Council for the capacity to be increased. From a BBC article : "A planning application to Brent Council is required to increase the capacity to 62,000 with "additional limited exceptions" at 90,000." So maybe that is what we will be doing.

Even at 51k capacity, I'd say you've got a good chance as a + member, if you can get onto the wheel of death early enough in your window.

Oddly I think increase the capacity will put off more people going.

Last night was pretty easy getting away and the capacity was part of the reason I went.

I can not be bothered (I’m sure I’m not alone) with getting back home at 1/2 in the morning after a CL game again.

Terrible support from me i know but my last spurs game was Saudi Sportswashing Machine last season when we clinched champions league football. I only went as i took my Saudi Sportswashing Machine boss to brown nose and suck his schvantz, but had i not taken him i cant even remember the last game i went to and enjoyed.

Wembley is a proper mission for me and weeknight games i get in around 12:30am so the more it goes on the more i dont watch spurs live, apart from the comfort of my sofa.

So whilst its a shame we cant move in sooner, the longer it goes on the less im bothered but i know as soon as the first nwhl game gets announced the buzz will be back and ill be going to each home game for 45 minutes.

I've been twice this year, the least I have been in my 25 years of regularly supporting Spurs
I'll go to Dortmund and probably Saudi Sportswashing Machine and the Arsenal games
As soon as we go back to NWHL I'll be there every game

That’s exactly what I thought when I saw the logo!

My second thought was this would be good purely as they have no red in their branding!

If we can pull this off it’s almost half a million extra people paying to go to the stadium, happy to spend a load on food and drink inside - with some paying for premium corporate prices. If we made £50
per person that would be an extra 25m a season / 500k a week for wages. I have no idea what our cut of ticket sales and food and drink would be but conservatively guessing at 50% with a ticket averaging £50 and another £50 spent inside?

The money that can be made from the circa 340 days a year the stadium is empty is the real opportunity to get a competitive advantage on the clubs that have genuine higher revenues than is due to their stadium and commercial incomes.

The boxpark yesterday was a little taste of what I think the after match experience could be like, lots of food options with people mingling from all areas of the ground with a big screen watching Goons get humiliated. Add in a fast pour for 4 quid or a nice drop from Beavertown and I can see it being popular when there is a game on before or after ours.

The team have done brilliantly to ease the Wembley experience by at least giving us results and performances but days like yesterday make me long for ‘home’ even more.
What's the restrictions regarding that Boxpark serving alcohol when there's matches on at Wembley Stadium?

As we got in there about half hour before kick-off last night and thought we'd wet our whistles before joining the queues to get in but the bar staff said they wouldn't be serving again until after the match o_O

I thought it was just UEFA fixtures which had that alcohol free exclusion zone around the stadium :confused:

Thankfully the Camden brewery up on Club tier weren't too busy and they did a roaring trade after the match as all the other bars on concourse had long since closed.

Oddly I think increase the capacity will put off more people going.

Last night was pretty easy getting away and the capacity was part of the reason I went.

I can not be bothered (I’m sure I’m not alone) with getting back home at 1/2 in the morning after a CL game again.
For those of us living to the west of London it's nice to be back home at a decent hour after an evening kick-off! However, I'd still prefer the schlep to WHL than endure another season at the soulless tourist trap that is Wembley Stadium.

What's the restrictions regarding that Boxpark serving alcohol when there's matches on at Wembley Stadium?

As we got in there about half hour before kick-off last night and thought we'd wet our whistles before joining the queues to get in but the bar staff said they wouldn't be serving again until after the match o_O

I thought it was just UEFA fixtures which had that alcohol free exclusion zone around the stadium :confused:

Thankfully the Camden brewery up on Club tier weren't too busy and they did a roaring trade after the match as all the other bars on concourse had long since closed.
I think the rule is that bars are not allowed to admit people less than 1 hour prior to kick off. I assume it is a Brent council rule as opposed to one imposed by UEFA etc.

When building chaos kept Spurs out of White Hart Lane ... 30 seasons ago

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...spurs-white-hart-lane-stadium-tottenham-spurs

Caught a service bus up for that game,was wondering why more people were passing me, going the opposite way than going to the ground.....so had to wait till 6pm then to go home.....ahh the good old days.

When did they play Luton when the capacity was 20k,and half the ground was closed,was that the same season??

They obviously didn’t like the look of you. This is the equivalent of being told you have the wrong shoes when you go to a nightclub ...

Yeh my mate was doing some interior design work there at the time and he said there was no way it was opening, the public areas were not safe for mass eventing including the external walkways and stairs etc, basically was still a building site.

Oh well, onwards.
What you are forgetting is that it wasn't meant to be FINISHED! Most of the exterior done in the last months was scheduled for this coming summer. The same with some areas inside the stadium. In addition, we walked right through a building site for an entire season without any problem.
It's not unsafe just because it isn't finished!
There is something called walls that can be used to block off areas where you don't want people to go

What you are forgetting is that it wasn't meant to be FINISHED! Most of the exterior done in the last months was scheduled for this coming summer. The same with some areas inside the stadium. In addition, we walked right through a building site for an entire season without any problem.
It's not unsafe just because it isn't finished!
There is something called walls that can be used to block off areas where you don't want people to go

Excuse me for butting in here but from what @Grays_1890 is saying his friend said it wasn't safe enough for holding events where you'd need to get mass numbers in or out of the stadium safely. He didn't say anything about it being FINISHED from a cosmetic point of view in itself.

What he has written seems quite plausible as if what we have done since was just about it being cosmetically finished (and not about major construction needing to be completed to get safety certifications etc); after all wouldn't we have opened by now if it was only about cosmetic finishes? We are losing millions every game we have to go to Wembley...

Out of interest, did you visit the stadium yourself during last summer around the time when @Grays_1890 friend was working at the stadium?

It might not have been safe at that moment, but that doesn't mean that it couldn't be made safe. The site wasn't safe before it was used to enter the North stand, but it was made safe on match days. It's the same thing.
And yes, I was there in August. It didn't look finished,, but it wasn't meant to be either. I'm 100% confident it would have been possible to make it adequately safe for hosting games had it not been for the massive rooster up with the fire systems.

Back