• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

A far superior conversion to the Stratford one.
Planned from day 1
Although gettingbthe crane was a mare
Had to be made in Germany
Shipped to the U.K. to st Neots then dissembled and tested again
Whilst it was being moved there we had a random immigrant come out the vehicle and go into hiding in the plant yard... took the police forever to find him

Without trying to put down a fellow poster, that is not the highest of standards.
Ha!

It was more along the lines of look at what they could have learned from what could be done. As peeved as I am with our delay we are breaking a lot of new ground but no doubt anyone else looking to build something in the future would be able to learn a lot and therefore improve or simplify accordingly.

Ha!

It was more along the lines of look at what they could have learned from what could be done. As peeved as I am with our delay we are breaking a lot of new ground but no doubt anyone else looking to build something in the future would be able to learn a lot and therefore improve or simplify accordingly.

You would struggle to simplify what we have done as everything is high end, but you can learn from it I’m sure. The pitch will revolutionise some designs, and also the sound set uo by all accounts.

The fire alarms system though....I’d want to hang people for that (metaphorically speaking)

You would struggle to simplify what we have done as everything is high end, but you can learn from it I’m sure. The pitch will revolutionise some designs, and also the sound set uo by all accounts.

The fire alarms system though....I’d want to hang people for that (metaphorically speaking)
Yes for example some of it might not need to be as high end, say if the theoretical club wanted to reduce time or complexity for their own build to increase the chances of delivering it in a season.

I want to hang someone non metaphorically for the fire alarms. If this was truly the sole reason for the delay then any future project must find a way of validating them at regular and continued intervals of the project.

How successful was emptyhads coversion in terms of time and budget? Are there any constraints to the design that you’d change if you were to do it again?

The club are getting their update the week commencing the 7th, the statement said - announcement to the fans will follow after

Cooooooooooooor slow news today. Anyone else been hitting F5 waiting for an update?

Prob's be later on in the week. Lots to be done.

I read elsewhere someone speculating that any update will be perhaps Thursday or Friday because:

a) MACE will only be giving an update to the club today and the club will need to digest it and plan/prepare what they tell us based on the report

b) The club will wait to see what draw we get tonight for the FA Cup and if it's a home game, plus any good feeling if we beat Chelsea tomorrow

c) The club want to wait to fill Man Utd as much as possible before announcing anything (thinking any negative news might effect sales even more than they might be effected now)...

The club are getting their update the week commencing the 7th, the statement said - announcement to the fans will follow after
Yeh i know, most likely wouldn't be til later on in the week. Was just trying ti get this thread moving as its slow. As GGeze says probably needs more meetings after meaning days to discuss all options.

I read elsewhere someone speculating that any update will be perhaps Thursday or Friday because:

a) MACE will only be giving an update to the club today and the club will need to digest it and plan/prepare what they tell us based on the report

b) The club will wait to see what draw we get tonight for the FA Cup and if it's a home game, plus any good feeling if we beat Chelsea tomorrow

c) The club want to wait to fill Man Utd as much as possible before announcing anything (thinking any negative news might effect sales even more than they might be effected now)...

Partially true but seeing as consistently any meeting with MACE has been in the media has leaked 10mins later i think they will get something out quite quick.
B) May be true as it would actually be our next home game after Utd

Plus id imagine that on sundays reported testing, levy was following them around the stadium so he will already know where we stand.
Im still hopeful it will be Leicester any later than that and its going to be a massive mess and come-down

It has to be Saudi Sportswashing Machine or Leicester. Otherwise we might just stay at Wembley. No chance that the CL game will be the opener.

It really isn’t.
Game by game the atmosphere is getting worse and worse, to say nothing of the financial implications for the club.

I understand that but the continuing speculation is adding to poor atmosphere due to disappointment and mistrust in what Spurs are saying.
My wish is to move in but continually changing things is just as counterproductive to fan moral but in slightly different way.

I understand that but the continuing speculation is adding to poor atmosphere due to disappointment and mistrust in what Spurs are saying.
My wish is to move in but continually changing things is just as counterproductive to fan moral but in slightly different way.

I thought you were saying, in reply to Kandi’s post, that if we can’t get in until March, that we might as well stay at Wembley? Apologies if I misunderstood but even if it is March, we my view is that we should move in when we can.
I don’t really see it as continually changing things. I do agree a lot of fans are fed up with the waiting and the speculation and just want a firm date, but I’m not too sure what the club could really do differently.

Fa Cup away so that’s one less consideration / opportunity depending on your optimism.

Hopefully get some definite news soon, I can’t see us confirming Wembley for the rest of the season even if it is looking likely to those in charge though.

Back