• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

I think the standing rails are already installed in the lower south stand? Does that mean if it is allowed all that would need changin are the seats? Is our view to be restricted as we have to sit? Shall I ask another question?
No need to change the seats. It's designed to work as it is. You look over the railing while seated

I am (or was once upon a time) and have zero doubts. The wiring blueprints for a build this size is the stuff of nightmares and if you saw them I think you'd understand how things could go wrong in this area by using a sub-contractor just not quite up to scratch. Considering the ambitious timeline for this project something like this was always a risk. Anything structural will have been modelled/tested up the wazoo. A few months delay is annoying (and expensive) but it's not the end of the world.
I like to marvel at the majesty of the place and know that we are the envy of every club in England.

Agree - id think more, have we tried to require too high a specification and were too ambitious in the quality of finish
Structurally it will be sorted or wont be signed off, Safety and electrics will be sorted or wouldnt be signed off, The parts orders would be quality, its whether the standard of finish really needed all the screws to be aligned was needed.

Its not like its a self build

What worries me about this whole thing is precisely that - the atrocious build management.

What other bits of the stadium might be sub-par, but which we wouldn't know about? I suppose the f*cked-up wiring systems were easily noticed once the testing started, but now I'm vaguely questioning everything from the 'trees' supporting the single-tier end (was the stress testing done all right?) to the cladding (was it put in place properly? Will it fall off?).

I don't know, I'm certainly no builder. And as I've said before, I couldn't care less when it opens, as long as it's completely safe when it does. But I hope to GHod that there's nothing else that was f*cked up during the build - because that might come back to bite us months, years or decades down the line.

Anyone better versed in construction with a more optimistic view? I'd be grateful for one. :)

Oh, I can't cheer you up other than to say 'You must strong to be a Spurs fan'.

If you want to bolster your levels of worry/pessimism, you're in the right town these days in your new home in Ottawa. What with the whole LeBreton Flats arena fiasco and the LRT project going off like a Mexican highway build. (Sorry to drag this slightly OT)

And the shambles of the arena at TD Place where the '67s play junior hockey. Top team this year but can't fill the big rink since the stands are partially closed and the upper level private suites are condemned. They re-built and re-furbed the football stadium overhead but didn't spend on the arena because they were sure the '67s would shift to the new barn at LeBreton.

Yes, you must be strong to be a Spurs fan. Even stronger to cope with Ottawa.

And winters are much, much colder, snowier and longer than suburban Toronto.

Forgive what probably are daft questions but in the latest video from Chris, the video wall on the side going up the stairs had two massive black rectangles when they were showing a static image. These can’t be dead pixels already can they? With regards to opening the stadium whilst the final finishing touches are still being worked on, had that happened before in the UK? Must be a H&S nightmare to open a site still a building site in bits. I also notice the ticket office looks like is has a lot of work to be done. Surely that would need to be totally finished before a game is played? Sorry one more question. Was the grey and white cladding on the outside a late addition to the plans? I am surprised there wasn’t more scaffolding to get it down a lot quicker.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk Pro

Forgive what probably are daft questions but in the latest video from Chris, the video wall on the side going up the stairs had two massive black rectangles when they were showing a static image. These can’t be dead pixels already can they? With regards to opening the stadium whilst the final finishing touches are still being worked on, had that happened before in the UK? Must be a H&S nightmare to open a site still a building site in bits. I also notice the ticket office looks like is has a lot of work to be done. Surely that would need to be totally finished before a game is played? Sorry one more question. Was the grey and white cladding on the outside a late addition to the plans? I am surprised there wasn’t more scaffolding to get it down a lot quicker.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk Pro
We played on a building site the entire last season at old WHL.

Crowd safety is the #1 thing, so if any areas are unfinished like the ticket office, you would need to ensure that no public/crowd would be allowed to get close enough to be in any danger. As we saw last season though, crowd sitting in the north stand were directed under the west stand and into the bowl before going up temporary stairs to get access to their seats. As long as steps are taken to ensure crowd safety, and that rapid egress is possible in the event of an emergency, you can host games in an area where construction is under way.

Reactions: PJ.
Back