• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Originally Yes but they did a revised design with a single tier stand.
images
That single tier is beautiful.

Really? I think the whole look and feel is already dated and tacky. Looks like a carny stadium.

Vastly prefer what we've ended up with.
I prefer every part of the new stadium design, with the big exception of the single tier stand. I don't like the glass at the top of it. If they couldn't fit the seats there then I'd have preferred it blacked out.
But what do I know?!

Had an interesting chat with a family member who works as a construction site supervisor. We were looking over the various camera views of the new stadium and he was impressed. When I told him how fans are a bit fed up with the delay in opening, he said he doesn't enjoy working on jobs where a client has to have it ready to go by a specific date.

His experience is that various trades often work to manipulate that deadline for their benefit. By slowing work down, it invites the possibility of overtime as deadline approaches. Or, it creates the need to hire more workers. Either way, the workers or their unions are happy to see such circumstances. He has to deal with it often on builds involving federal government facilities that need to open in step with the political calendar.

He thought the wisest thing Spurs could do now as completion nears is not to make any statement about opening dates or test events. Just remain quiet until the key components of the build are past completion and ready to open and use - even if it's not completely finished outside. Certainly the exterior is looking likely to be done soon on all but the east side.

It will certainly not stop the more fidgety fans from yapping and chirping about their discontent. But a few weeks more at the end of a decade-long project is not a big deal.

Wonder if there similar problems when the old stadium was under construction...

The tiles 'wrapping' the exterior do they move? as some seem to be open and some shut presume they are like windows that can be opened and closed for differing effects, are they are just manually operated to slide open and shut at the desired angles anyone know or they powered so can be moved on the hoof, would look rather cool if they could like all move in sync.

The tiles 'wrapping' the exterior do they move? as some seem to be open and some shut presume they are like windows that can be opened and closed for differing effects, are they are just manually operated to slide open and shut at the desired angles anyone know or they powered so can be moved on the hoof, would look rather cool if they could like all move in sync.
No they don't move. Personally I would have preferred it if ALL of them were open 18.82cm rather than the current situation with most shut and some wide open. I know they are sited over plant rooms for ventilation but I feel if ALL of them were open a tiny bit, this would have sufficient vent effect, particularly as all are perforated and there is a 2m gap between the windows and the veil.

Back