• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Something's happening .... nearly. Email just received :-

Dear Snob Member,

We’d like to update you on your Snob Membership pack, which will include your Stadium Access Cards for the new stadium.

Printing of your Access Cards, specific to the Premium Snob package you have purchased, will commence in due course.

As the packs will also contain a detailed information guide to our new home, the despatch process will begin closer to the opening of the new stadium. You will receive an email once your pack has been despatched and will also be able to track your delivery online.

Please rub this in all of the peasants faces (via your butler) whenever you are unfortunate enough to be near them.​

Fixed it for you. ;)

On the cams - currently mowing the pitch. Its amazing how quickly the new turf beds in. After just a few days its looking like a playable, smart pitch. Anyone fancy a kick around?

Burnley is Saturday 3pm. Could it actually be next year before we move in? I was thinking about flying over for the Xmas games, but I'm not going to Wembley again if I can avoid it. Already have flights booked for Chelsea, so no escaping that.

It requires a few assumptions to read Man Utd as the opening game. Does the opening game have to be televised? Can the opening be televised if the actual game isn't? What if the stadium has already opened with the televised Chelsea game?

It requires a few assumptions to read Man Utd as the opening game. Does the opening game have to be televised? Can the opening be televised if the actual game isn't? What if the stadium has already opened with the televised Chelsea game?

I'm still hoping for Chelsea, but it's only six weeks left now. The Liverpool game was moved with just under five weeks left.

Besides the police issues over crowd trouble will be assuaged now that loads of Chelsea fans will be visiting will be visiting Auschwitz.

Im going to say it. I hope our opening game will be against a mid or lower in the table team. so Burnley works well. I dont want Chelski who will super up for ruining our day or Man Utd who can turn it on at certain times. Of course I am not suffering the pain of going to Wembley as I am not in the country anymore. So its a bit selfish.

Im going to say it. I hope our opening game will be against a mid or lower in the table team. so Burnley works well. I dont want Chelski who will super up for ruining our day or Man Utd who can turn it on at certain times. Of course I am not suffering the pain of going to Wembley as I am not in the country anymore. So its a bit selfish.
It’s not very brave but our first game is going to be difficult enough, even if we lost or drew with Burnley at least we won’t have to have to hear it about it from them forever - let’s get acclimatised over a couple of games and then make it a fortress. So by the time we play the bigger teams we’ll have a bigger advantage and less chance of starting any new hoodoos.

I checked and goons scraped a 1-1 against Villa in their first home game with a pre season to prepare for it, then drew with Boro next game but didn’t play a top team (Liverpool) until Mid November. They also only lost once, in April...to West Ham!

IMG_9059.JPG

IMG_9061.JPG

IMG_9063.JPG

IMG_9064.JPG

From here - https://www.spurs-web.com/spurs-new...n-the-spurs-stadium/nggallery/image/img_9065/

I agree...I don't think there's anything to read into because Burnley game not selected for TV....it is clear, from listening to THST following their meeting with Levy etc last week, that the club do not know when it will be ready so we can assume that Sky/BT are equally in the dark. As someone else mentioned Woolwich's first game at The Emirates in 2006 (v A Villa) was not live so its not obvious that for TV the spectacle of a new stadium is anything they are particularly interested in. I believe Liverpool v Man U is also that weekend and clearly the PL and Sky/BT narrative will all be around that.

It would have been a gamble to select Spurs v Burnley (not a particularly engrossing encounter) purely for the new stadium angle if it turns out that is still at Wembley. ditto Spurs v So'ton, Spurs v Bournemouth and Spurs v Wolves

Conversely Spurs v Man Utd is always going to be selected regardless of venue (it has every season since 2008) so for anyone (not on here) to suggest it has been picked for new stadium opening narrative is inaccurate.

I agree...I don't think there's anything to read into because Burnley game not selected for TV....it is clear, from listening to THST following their meeting with Levy etc last week, that the club do not know when it will be ready so we can assume that Sky/BT are equally in the dark. As someone else mentioned Woolwich's first game at The Emirates in 2006 (v A Villa) was not live so its not obvious that for TV the spectacle of a new stadium is anything they are particularly interested in. I believe Liverpool v Man U is also that weekend and clearly the PL and Sky/BT narrative will all be around that.

It would have been a gamble to select Spurs v Burnley (not a particularly engrossing encounter) purely for the new stadium angle if it turns out that is still at Wembley. ditto Spurs v So'ton, Spurs v Bournemouth and Spurs v Wolves

Conversely Spurs v Man Utd is always going to be selected regardless of venue (it has every season since 2008) so for anyone (not on here) to suggest it has been picked for new stadium opening narrative is inaccurate.
Far too much common sense in this post dude. What the hell is wrong with you?!

Possibly. Just as likely that (like many people) the club consider THST to be at best irrelevant, and at worst a pile of clam, and don't tell them things that they would prefer not to be blabbed all over Twitter.

Back