• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

OK, last FIFA-related post I'll make in here. Here's from FIFA 19, Spurs vs Barcelona, playing at the new stadium, using broadcast camera.
Point is, possibly a bit of a glimpse of what the stadium will look like on TV. I reckon the filming will in reality be higher up though.

I think the likenesses are pretty good and it all seemed realistic - until the game started! The passing animation looks really odd?

I was talking to a Watford fan today, who went to the game at MK Don Stadium of Don

He said it was MASSIVE, like 30,000!!!! Crazy being so huge for that club, crazy big

So I asked how big the er.... Watford stadium is.

I was very proud of this classic line because (a) it indicates I don't know the name of his poxy stadium.... the Hornet's Nest? The Watford Way? Elton's Khazi? The Yellow Peril? No idea and (b) he had to admit they only have about 20,000 capacity which is embarrassingly small and (c) I could then look wistfully into the middle distance and say "20k, wow, I thought it must be a lot more than that, ah well..." and leave him standing there despondent, thinking about how his little team in his little stadium is far worse than MK and a third as big as the new WHL.

I think the likenesses are pretty good and it all seemed realistic - until the game started! The passing animation looks really odd?

Its pretty good this year, but football games are still a long way off looking realistic, in my opinion.

Its pretty good this year, but football games are still a long way off looking realistic, in my opinion.
Yeah it’s more the effort has gone into the physical likeness and pre match scenes rather than the game play. Maybe it’s different if you are actually playing it but in the olden days I was more of an ISS Pro man...enhanced by a geek updated memory card from ebay with all the correct names!

Yeah it’s more the effort has gone into the physical likeness and pre match scenes rather than the game play. Maybe it’s different if you are actually playing it but in the olden days I was more of an ISS Pro man...enhanced by a geek updated memory card from ebay with all the correct names!

I'm an iss/pes man from the old days myself, but that game has turned to brick. Fifa is the better of the two now, in my opinion. They both suck compared to the old games though. :p

I'm an iss/pes man from the old days myself, but that game has turned to brick. Fifa is the better of the two now, in my opinion. They both suck compared to the old games though. :p
Yeah I’m it sure when it happened but it was a shame as it Pro Evo always felt like the underdog and fifa was the style over substance corporate monster. Sensible Soccer was also a fave back in the day!

I was talking to a Watford fan today, who went to the game at MK Don Stadium of Don

He said it was MASSIVE, like 30,000!!!! Crazy being so huge for that club, crazy big

So I asked how big the er.... Watford stadium is.

I was very proud of this classic line because (a) it indicates I don't know the name of his poxy stadium.... the Hornet's Nest? The Watford Way? Elton's Khazi? The Yellow Peril? No idea and (b) he had to admit they only have about 20,000 capacity which is embarrassingly small and (c) I could then look wistfully into the middle distance and say "20k, wow, I thought it must be a lot more than that, ah well..." and leave him standing there despondent, thinking about how his little team in his little stadium is far worse than MK and a third as big as the new WHL.

Can you explain how your not knowing the name of Vicarage Road and leaving a Watford fan despondent for no reason makes you more satisfied than you were before you had this conversation?

And also, what is the intention of your little anecdote? If it is to make yourself look good, it is not coming across. Or is there som hidden meaning that I don't get?

Can you explain how your not knowing the name of Vicarage Road and leaving a Watford fan despondent for no reason makes you more satisfied than you were before you had this conversation?

And also, what is the intention of your little anecdote? If it is to make yourself look good, it is not coming across. Or is there som hidden meaning that I don't get?
When Watford beat Spurs, he came straight for me and right in my face, gloating.

When Spurs beat Watford I let him stew for 2 days, then feigned indifference and put him back in his little tin pot.

ISS and Pro Evo was always the best game for gameplay IMO. PES 2008 was immense. But even before that ISS 98 was so good. Not even going to bother with FIFA 19 it’s so unrealistic. The more realistic goals were back in the old days.

you must not be english

the hidden meaning is fudge every club which isnt spurs

Flew over the ground whilst waiting to land at Heathrow yesterday.
Looks blooming impressive from the sky! It's a new landmark for the capital from above.
My husband asked " what's that oval stadium down there?" I felt stupidly brimming with pride when I said it was our new home.

Flew over the ground whilst waiting to land at Heathrow yesterday.
Looks blooming impressive from the sky! It's a new landmark for the capital from above.
My husband asked " what's that oval stadium down there?" I felt stupidly brimming with pride when I said it was our new home.
That's why it needs to say SPURS on the roof, so tourists can spot it!

Back