• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

No, another tier can't be added. And it's not only because of transport. We're right on the limits of the building site. It can't be expanded, and there is no reason to make it any bigger either, as we don't need it. Add to that, even if it could be done, adding another 5-10k seats would be so expensive that it would never be economically viable.

There's always a way. We could just demolish/not build the skyscraper and make New Park Lane even bigger. The High Road is the only perimeter that isn't potentially up for grabs at some undefined point in the future

There's always a way. We could just demolish/not build the skyscraper and make New Park Lane even bigger. The High Road is the only perimeter that isn't potentially up for grabs at some undefined point in the future
The single tier stand is just about at the limit of max distance from pitch for the back rows, and we can't build it any steeper and higher either. So again, no.

The single tier stand is just about at the limit of max distance from pitch for the back rows, and we can't build it any steeper and higher either. So again, no.

At the limit for what?

We can just do this, then clad round the extension

DLSRrydW4AEiu09.jpg

Or similar to what Liverpool have done at Anfield, or how Paxton was doubled in the 90s.

Sorry haven't trawled through this thread, but how do people think the local transport links will cope when the new stadium opens?
I seem to remember for the final NLD, there were special trains from Liverpool Street to Stanstead Airport that were only stopping at Seven Sisters and White Hart Lane en route; do people think special services like that will sometimes run on match days to ease the crowd? Or was that just because it was the last NLD?

Transport links is where the Emirates and The Taxpayer' stadium really have a massive advantage in terms of getting crowds in and out of their local areas

Sorry haven't trawled through this thread, but how do people think the local transport links will cope when the new stadium opens?
I seem to remember for the final NLD, there were special trains from Liverpool Street to Stanstead Airport that were only stopping at Seven Sisters and White Hart Lane en route; do people think special services like that will sometimes run on match days to ease the crowd? Or was that just because it was the last NLD?

Transport links is where the Emirates and The Taxpayer' stadium really have a massive advantage in terms of getting crowds in and out of their local areas

I think the transport will fall over. But I think that was kind of always the plan. The stadium was only approved on ridiculous projections like 50,000 people would cycle.

I think the whole point was the create carnage, to force TfL to do something, e.g. run Victoria Line trains on to Northumberland Park

Some faceless public servant will make an announcement about improved services to cope with extra people travelling to the stadium, but it will be insufficient to meet the needs of the public, fortunately lessons will have been learnt from the debacle and a study will be carried out to resolve any problem.

I think the transport will fall over. But I think that was kind of always the plan. The stadium was only approved on ridiculous projections like 50,000 people would cycle.

I think the whole point was the create carnage, to force TfL to do something, e.g. run Victoria Line trains on to Northumberland Park

Yeah but how many years will even a plan for the Victoria line take, let alone it be built (though i know there is already tracks to the Northumberland Park depot so not totally from scratch)?

Wembley is not even set up for the amount of supporters it has to rid from the area after a game. How long are those ques to the Underground station, or you walk to other stations etc.

White Hart Lane has just as many close by connections as Wembley, its just the 15 min walk to Seven Sisters most people cannot seem to take.

Wembley is not even set up for the amount of supporters it has to rid from the area after a game. How long are those ques to the Underground station, or you walk to other stations etc.

White Hart Lane has just as many close by connections as Wembley, its just the 15 min walk to Seven Sisters most people cannot seem to take.

Tbf, i think most do walk to Seven sisters etc especially after the game

I walk to seven sisters after the game but it takes me closer to 25 minutes. Slow walker I guess, though we usually stop on route for a beer on the way. When the new ground is built then we will probably have a beer in the ground after the game, harder for night games obviously.

Also read that part of the crossrail 2 plan was to have trains running from Clapham all the way to Stanstead, with a stop at Tottenham so would be very handy for people coming up from sussex or give people in London another option from central London.

I always do. Pick up some greasy stuff and chat about the game. As long as its not raining its a nice walk after the game to stretch your legs and chat about the match.

Indeed. I guess it helps if you're familiar and comfortable with the area.
Another station would help, but hey nice problems to have (think the eateries and drink establishments are already rubbing their hands - more likely people will make a day of it seeing as it's not so easy to get in and out of the area compared to say Highbury, so perhaps more will stay longer in the area either before or after and eat/drink more)

I walk to seven sisters after the game but it takes me closer to 25 minutes. Slow walker I guess, though we usually stop on route for a beer on the way. When the new ground is built then we will probably have a beer in the ground after the game, harder for night games obviously.

Also read that part of the crossrail 2 plan was to have trains running from Clapham all the way to Stanstead, with a stop at Tottenham so would be very handy for people coming up from sussex or give people in London another option from central London.

Interesting; i wonder how many years off Crossrail2 is...

Interesting; i wonder how many years off Crossrail2 is...

Well your right fudging years away, but it is something they really should be getting planning permission for now. Read that it would be easier to go straight from crossrail to crossrail 2 because all the know how is ready and together. Doubt the government will do it though.

Well your right fudging years away, but it is something they really should be getting planning permission for now. Read that it would be easier to go straight from crossrail to crossrail 2 because all the know how is ready and together. Doubt the government will do it though.

It'd be nice; but i'd prefer they do more for the Northern towns and those Northern powerhouse projects than give more reasons for London and the SE to get even more bloated

It'd be nice; but i'd prefer they do more for the Northern towns and those Northern powerhouse projects than give more reasons for London and the SE to get even more bloated

Could not agree more, we need a more even economy spread through the whole country.

Infrastructure is one of the things I would spend most on, cutting the foreign aid budget to just be for natural disasters and use trade with other countries as a way of helping them would be one way I would go about boasting infrastructure projects in this country.

Back