• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Just like any vice, fudgewits who have no self control will struggle. I've never known a single person have an issue with recreational drugs and most of my youth was misspent around them.

Unfortnately, I've seen the other side and it isn't always people who have overused or are even chronic users of the drug.

I've seen cocaine induced myocardial infarctions from people who basically never use cocaine and who didn't use it particularly to excess either.

Not to mention the horrible upstream effects the production and control of the cocaine trade has on millions of lives as well.

Unfortnately, I've seen the other side and it isn't always people who have overused or are even chronic users of the drug.

I've seen cocaine induced myocardial infarctions from people who basically never use cocaine and who didn't use it particularly to excess either.

Not to mention the horrible upstream effects the production and control of the cocaine trade has on millions of lives as well.
Everything has a small risk involved - I'd imagine someone in your profession would know that better than most.

Crossing the road has an inherent risk, leaving the house does. Eating shellfish does, etc.

Everything has a small risk involved - I'd imagine someone in your profession would know that better than most.

Crossing the road has an inherent risk, leaving the house does. Eating shellfish does, etc.

Everything does have an inherent risk, some more than others. For example, I take a risk by eating shellfish or leaving the house. I also take a risk by deciding to go on a holiday to Idlib. Or running around on the M25 in the middle of the night.

The risks are not the same of course. And taking cocaine can increase your risk of having an MI by up to 24 times in the first hour.

Again, not saying they should be banned, I agree with you. To describe it as 'virtually harmless' though is patently untrue.

Everything does have an inherent risk, some more than others. For example, I take a risk by eating shellfish or leaving the house. I also take a risk by deciding to go on a holiday to Idlib. Or running around on the M25 in the middle of the night.

The risks are not the same of course. And taking cocaine can increase your risk of having an MI by up to 24 times in the first hour.

Again, not saying they should be banned, I agree with you. To describe it as 'virtually harmless' though is patently untrue.
Ah, that old doctor speak!

"Increase by 24 times" - an increase on what? Something incredibly unlikely I assume?

Edit: Crossing the road creates an infinite increase in my chances of getting hot by a car. As with MI, the base line risk is very low

Ah, that old doctor speak!

"Increase by 24 times" - an increase on what? Something incredibly unlikely I assume?

Edit: Crossing the road creates an infinite increase in my chances of getting hot by a car. As with MI, the base line risk is very low

:D

Difficult to say exactly. With something like cocaine, which people may not be quite so willing to admit to as well, you'll get quite a bit of variation in the numbers.

It obviously isn't going to be a huge underlying risk considering the patients are young. But it does provide a large burden of the under 50 MI population, a subgroup in which it is entirely avoidable and for a condition which carries a lot of long term issues, even if you survive.

I've seen a couple of case series which suggests the incidence of cocaine induced MI (for people who've used in the last year) is about 1%, which I guess suggests the underlying risk is something like 0.04%. That study had 4000 people.

Another study with about 10,000 patients aged 18-45 attributed 25% of non fatal MIs in that patient group to cocaine use (46 total cases, so total risk of nonfatal MI in that group seems to be about 0.46%).

Difficult to say exactly. With something like cocaine, which people may not be quite so willing to admit to as well, you'll get quite a bit of variation in the numbers.

It obviously isn't going to be a huge underlying risk considering the patients are young. But it does provide a large burden of the under 50 MI population, a subgroup in which it is entirely avoidable and for a condition which carries a lot of long term issues, even if you survive.

I've seen a couple of case series which suggests the incidence of cocaine induced MI (for people who've used in the last year) is about 1%, which I guess suggests the underlying risk is something like 0.04%. That study had 4000 people.

Another study with about 10,000 patients aged 18-45 attributed 25% of non fatal MIs in that patient group to cocaine use (46 total cases, so total risk of nonfatal MI in that group seems to be about 0.46%).
Thanks for the clarification. They seem pretty good odds to me - I'd take them any day.

It rewrites your mental code over time. Tt is a hugely destructive drug in many ways.

Give me your address I will send you some.

Actually genuinely truly some medical research has led to believe that poo from healthy people contain goodness that can be used to treat other people.

Google it, I'm not trumping you.

What do you think those mini yogurt bio drinks have in them? Yep, originally poop.

Back