• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Whether these stories are true or not, have there ever even been so many rumours about other clubs new stadiums? Here? Abroad? Wembley?

It feels like we’re having to deal with a lot more than other clubs have had to deal with. Sabotage, laziness etc. Really is a struggle.
Can't remember any other team that has built a stadium of this magnitude on the same spot as the old ground. If it was built somewhere else, there wouldn't be as much noise, as we would still be playing at old WHL until the new one was finished. We're without a home ground as it is, and that's what makes this even more interesting. Add in social media, and the brick storm begins.

Can't remember any other team that has built a stadium of this magnitude on the same spot as the old ground. If it was built somewhere else, there wouldn't be as much noise, as we would still be playing at old WHL until the new one was finished. I'm a without a home ground as it is, and that's what makes this even more interesting. Add in social media, and the brick storm begins.
Only one in this country - England/Wembley. Hardly the same though.

Premier League football is played very competitively at so many levels that no one should be surprised that rivals have slipped a few bob's worth of motivation into the hands of sympathetic tradesmen to perform a little strategic skullduggery.

Not worried in the least. When it finally does get done this season, it will be worth all the wonder and worry. It will carry us into a highly competitive situation for decades to come.

After more than a decade's worth of wranglin' and wrasslin', it ain't worth getting further fussed about at this point. Gonna be an absolute beast when it opens.

More FIFA 19 footage of the new stadium.

a) I don't like seeing the Goons beat the Lilywhites
b) I don't like seeing that whole corner of the ground a sea of red Gooner shirts. I know EA Sports will have got it correct i.e. the cameras are on the correct side and the away fans are in the correct corner... but it really does look like a huge area of Gooners. Can't we just put 100 of the Goons pitch-side to satisfy regs, and put the rest of them down underneath the flaps, in the shark tank?

no one should be surprised that rivals have slipped a few bob's worth of motivation into the hands of sympathetic tradesmen to perform a little strategic skullduggery..

I doubt anything like that has gone on. It is most likely either idiots acting on their own or a rooster up that is being turned into a conspiracy by the rumour mill.

It was a hugely challenging build trying to demolish and build a new stadium, on the same site, in little over a year. There are always issues and delays that come up on any build, we are unfortunate that ours were discovered late and were issues that could not be worked around.

I doubt anything like that has gone on. It is most likely either idiots acting on their own or a rooster up that is being turned into a conspiracy by the rumour mill.

It was a hugely challenging build trying to demolish and build a new stadium, on the same site, in little over a year. There are always issues and delays that come up on any build, we are unfortunate that ours were discovered late and were issues that could not be worked around.
Thus providing the media a windfall to gorge on.

This may be a little more informed than the subcontractor Mcsnippet.

The conversation/comment underneath this post makes very interesting reading. The sparks-ITK is that deliberate sabotage was highly probable. Plus you learn about lidding.

The OP makes the point that a similar thing happened on the Jubilee Line extension and the perp or perps were never identified.

Last edited:
Pass the stadium frequently, but just had the view of it as you reach the top of the hill walking up from Seven Sisters. Awesome.

The silver roof eves sparkling in the sun against the blue sky.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Last edited:
I’m not so sure. I think there was a number of things outstanding. The wiring took the rep.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
I think that’s the line the doubters have been peddling since Christmas, but you only need to see the pictures of the stadium now to know it would have been useable by last weekend. I mean they’ve drastically cut the workforce on most areas since the announcement of the delay over a month ago yet still look at it!

If it was really anything other than this cabling issue then we’d have heard about it. All the rumors we hear now are of the cabling, nothing else and you can be sure these guys who are having the finger pointed at them would have said something if it wasn’t down to them!

I’m not sure why everyone seems to have so much trouble believing the club? There’s always a conspiracy somewhere.

fudging sabotage......is it not the height of childish nonsense to put a club rivalry over your actual job?

Also...why the heck would someone sabotage the Jubilee Line? Who does that...?

Back