• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

anyone know what the crack is re repayments on the loans undertaken for the build? presumably we're already repaying it/them as the works have been going on some time now but are the figures likely to change (increase?) once the stadium is finished and we've moved in?

All depends how it’s financed
I own part of a house builder and we finance using development finance where the debt gets wrapped up and paid at the end either through selling the sites or throug refinance. You can’t also pay the interest along the way to keep our cost down

anyone know what the crack is re repayments on the loans undertaken for the build? presumably we're already repaying it/them as the works have been going on some time now but are the figures likely to change (increase?) once the stadium is finished and we've moved in?
Why on earth do you think Levy has not 'got this'? He's got more nouse than DelBoy and more plans than Hitler. He's figured it all out to the last detail. We're all cushty at the mo, not a worry, TV deals dwarf the repayments and he'll refinance when the time is right (i.e. when the stadium is finished and all sponsors are tied up and when we know what is going on with the other development plans)

Why on earth do you think Levy has not 'got this'? He's got more nouse than DelBoy and more plans than Hitler. He's figured it all out to the last detail. We're all cushty at the mo, not a worry, TV deals dwarf the repayments and he'll refinance when the time is right (i.e. when the stadium is finished and all sponsors are tied up and when we know what is going on with the other development plans)

Im not worried i have just become embroiled in a debate with a gooner on the subject and would like a better understanding of our situation so i can ruin his argument

I think we paid about half (all the land costs) up front - the money saved from a decade of zero net spend on transfers. There's also the money from selling the Sainsburys, and selling the ugly towerblocks in future, plus the NFL cash. The mortgaged amount difference should only be maybe £100-200m

I think we paid about half (all the land costs) up front - the money saved from a decade of zero net spend on transfers. There's also the money from selling the Sainsburys, and selling the ugly towerblocks in future, plus the NFL cash. The mortgaged amount difference should only be maybe £100-200m

main-qimg-5369be2d38953cfd039f8e2f371ba88b-c

So maybe something like:

£750-800m cost
- £340m - paid upfront (transfer savings and Sainsburys sale)
- £10m - NFL upfront contribution
- £20m - Council S106 contributions
- £400m - loan

£400m debt to be recovered by
- c.£150m - naming rights (estimate - £15m x 10 years)
- c.£50m - NFL rent (estimate - £5m x 10 years)
- c.£50m - flats sale
- c.£100m - mortgage (£10m x 10 years)

So maybe something like:

£750-800m cost
- £340m - paid upfront (transfer savings and Sainsburys sale)
- £10m - NFL upfront contribution
- £20m - Council S106 contributions
- £400m - loan

£400m debt to be recovered by
- c.£150m - naming rights (estimate - £15m x 10 years)
- c.£50m - NFL rent (estimate - £5m x 10 years)
- c.£50m - flats sale
- c.£100m - mortgage (£10m x 10 years)
I think you'll find we'll pay for it by selling everyone in the summer. I read it in the papers.

Im not worried i have just become embroiled in a debate with a gooner on the subject and would like a better understanding of our situation so i can ruin his argument
A-ha. Perhaps your mistake is trying to use logic to defeat a Gooner. You should just smile really wide and shout "I LOVE FOOTBALL RIGHT NOW, WE ARE ON THE UP UP UP AND YOU ARE SLIDING DOWN DOWN DOWN" 200 times until he walks away crying.

Spurs have loads of options to pay this off over different time periods using different vehicles, it is fine. Nobody knows fine details. But we won't have to rent out Lilywhite House to the cub scouts on Tuesdays to make ends meet. Money is flowing in.

A-ha. Perhaps your mistake is trying to use logic to defeat a Gooner. You should just smile really wide and shout "I LOVE FOOTBALL RIGHT NOW, WE ARE ON THE UP UP UP AND YOU ARE SLIDING DOWN DOWN DOWN" 200 times until he walks away crying.

Spurs have loads of options to pay this off over different time periods using different vehicles, it is fine. Nobody knows fine details. But we won't have to rent out Lilywhite House to the cub scouts on Tuesdays to make ends meet. Money is flowing in.

No offence to anyone on this forum but ... when it comes to finance, taxation etc ... levy and co have this.

Sit back and relax. He has already said that the stadium will not mean that we can't buy players etc.

If anything it gives him more cojones to strike up a "deal"

Whats that mean in thick man (me) terms?

Main parts are that we have agreement with a few banks under which we can borrow £400m. At 30 June 2017, we had drawn down £152m of that £400m (the remaining £248m we hadn't borrowed at that time but presumably by now we have done so). We need to repay the loan in May 2022 (obviously though we could just take out a new loan at that date to repay the loan)

No offence to anyone on this forum but ... when it comes to finance, taxation etc ... levy and co have this.

Sit back and relax. He has already said that the stadium will not mean that we can't buy players etc.

If anything it gives him more cojones to strike up a "deal"

He also said in 2007/8 that it wouldn't affect our transfer dealings, but it did massively (zero net spend got introduced then).

It's just since that restraint came in we've actually performed much better in all areas than we did in our more spendthrift days.

I'm of the feeling though that the big belt tightening has happened, rather than is to come

£400m is still a massive debt when our turnover is only £210m

Think of it like the mortgage on your house - there's no need to pay it down aggressively. Additionally, you'd expect our turnover to increase materially once the stadium has been completed. The debt level seems fine to me

Back