• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

A completion schedule is in place and it is this which informs the degree of confidence. At present, various packages have completed quicker than others but this isn’t necessarily always ideal as there are timing dependencies. A major forthcoming milestone is to achieve full stadium height and it is now anticipated this will be achieved in appromately four weeks time. This is ahead of schedule. Beyond, focus will then turn to elevating the roof structure, a process which has several dependencies notwithstanding plant decommissioning. It is envisaged that activity around the site envelope will remain for a considerable period of time, but this activity will largely focus upon developing the SDL - not the stadium, which will only have very minor legacy activity and largely speaking, this shouldn’t be visible.

Encouraging, thank you for updating us.
It's quite the frustration having naysayers and gloom-mongers who speak as though they had knowledge and predict delays and a second season at Wembley.

I stand corrected! I guess I was feeling in a rather mellow mood last night.
I do think the club have been quite good, there are usually photos out every week as well as the time lapse stuff but yes, the regular Chris Cowlin updates and all the ad-hoc fan pics and videos are even more frequent and often more insightful.
Either way it’s great to be able to see the progress.

I think a fairer assessment would be that the initial offering was poor, presumably as the club severely underestimated interest and an ingrained habit of only providing information when necessary. Eventually after a few hiccups they produced fairly comprehensive coverage through live and time-lapse cameras. Without this the excellent compositions by EJG wouldn't have been possible.

Re: the whole bowl thing - the stadium itself isn't going to be called 'the something bowl', when the club refers to the bowl they mean the terraces/stands collectively. Not the stadium as a whole. Relax :)

One thing to note...inside, it will not be a full bowl as there will be breaks in the corners where the home end is...as I understand the design anyway. It is what makes the stadium even better IMO

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

One thing to note...inside, it will not be a full bowl as there will be breaks in the corners where the home end is...as I understand the design anyway. It is what makes the stadium even better IMO

This is unofficial, and the seats are the wrong colour, but this was based off the plans so for the purpose of showing the south stand size/shape etc it's suitable :)

9SswYRx.jpg

And in the unofficial world the sun sits in the north-western sky. The wrong coloured seats is soooooo wrong, though.

This is unofficial, and the seats are the wrong colour, but this was based off the plans so for the purpose of showing the south stand size/shape etc it's suitable :)

9SswYRx.jpg
It will be interesting to see the 'joins' between the south wall and the east/West stands....as in that mock up there are obviously seats that wouldn't have a view of the whole pitch.

9SswYRx.jpg

I still wish they'd ditch the jumbotrons and fill in the seats up to the top.

But I suppose ADHD people need some 'managed fun'

I still wish they'd ditch the jumbotrons and fill in the seats up to the top.

But I suppose ADHD people need some 'managed fun'
For the umphtieth time, the screens are not there instead of seats. The screens are positioned high above and quite a bit forward from the back of the stands. The small dip is necessary in order to not have restricted view seats! Yes you could design it without the dip, but with the space we have, there would have been FEWER seats, AND seats with restricted view.

There are no seats with restricted view.
Obviously i know no new stadium is gonna have restricted view seats BUT i was suggesting from that mock up it certainly looks like some seats would be tucked behind the joining wall of east and west stand.

So im really saying that mock up is not 100% accurate or the angles of the east/west end walls is not represented properly.

Edit: scrub all that....ive just zoomed in :):)

Back