• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Whoever is in charge of all the new stadium (social) media stuff deserves a big call out/accolade/bonus.
WHAT? It's been very average compared to what it could have been. It is better than many other build sites... but the fans have done a far better job, and they aren't even paid nor allowed on site.
Weeks of outages, weeks of cameras pointing at terrible angles... they could have paid some student £10k and got output twice as good

The best stuff is the unofficial stuff IMO. The weekly timelapses from EJG, Chris Cowlin's weekly updates etc. While the club has to be commended on the Time Lapse/Live camera setup, they're well behind on the produced updates. Their monthly time lapses miss a whole bunch of stuff as there's simply so much going on, but they are having the whole build captured in a documentary which should be pretty in depth hopefully.

For what? The updates from the club are few and far between. All the time lapses and most of the other information and graphics here and elsewhere on the web, is put together by private persons from skyscraper city.

WHAT? It's been very average compared to what it could have been. It is better than many other build sites... but the fans have done a far better job, and they aren't even paid nor allowed on site.
Weeks of outages, weeks of cameras pointing at terrible angles... they could have paid some student £10k and got output twice as good

I stand corrected! I guess I was feeling in a rather mellow mood last night.
I do think the club have been quite good, there are usually photos out every week as well as the time lapse stuff but yes, the regular Chris Cowlin updates and all the ad-hoc fan pics and videos are even more frequent and often more insightful.
Either way it’s great to be able to see the progress.

Although not everyone follows the progress, it would seem. Conversation overheard on the tube to Wembley for the West Brom game : a Spurs fan talking to a non-football goer and explaining that in the new stadium the goals would be at the East and West ends. Someone is in for a surprise.

I stand corrected! I guess I was feeling in a rather mellow mood last night.
I do think the club have been quite good, there are usually photos out every week as well as the time lapse stuff but yes, the regular Chris Cowlin updates and all the ad-hoc fan pics and videos are even more frequent and often more insightful.
Either way it’s great to be able to see the progress.

Although not everyone follows the progress, it would seem. Conversation overheard on the tube to Wembley for the West Brom game : a Spurs fan talking to a non-football goer and explaining that in the new stadium the goals would be at the East and West ends. Someone is in for a surprise.

Must be an officer

Ouch! I feel that way most of the time when listening to fans of other teams or even Spurs fans pontificate about us... most people haven't got a Scooby, but that doesn't stop them blathering on like The Oracle

Re: the whole bowl thing - the stadium itself isn't going to be called 'the something bowl', when the club refers to the bowl they mean the terraces/stands collectively. Not the stadium as a whole. Relax :)

Re: the whole bowl thing - the stadium itself isn't going to be called 'the something bowl', when the club refers to the bowl they mean the terraces/stands collectively. Not the stadium as a whole. Relax :)

And if it is ... it's well worth getting all tinkley about it and scream murder. If some reacted to real life like they do in forums .... jeez the world would be a more interesting place

Someone i know priced up some work at the stadium recently - the line from Mace seemed to be that we would 100% be in next season, but there's a good chance a fair bit of non vital works will be outstanding and that site activity will continue for a good year after moving in.

Do people think that if it was named Uber Bowl or whatever the fans (we) will still call it WHL because that is where it remains? I for one would prefer to know it as new WHL for a couple of years and then WHL after a while.
It will always be the "lane" or "WHL" to all fans IMO. It's awesome that we arent moving postcode and in fact are still going to be on part of the same pitch really, or at least the stands will. Had we moved to the East, then there is no chance we can call it the lane, but we are still going to be on White Hart Lane. So yes, I will call it the lane. :)

I also think we won't lose any atmosphere like The Emirates or The London Stadium because of this. We are basically keeping the history of WHL but having a big fcuk off shiny new stadium being built on the same turf.

It will always be the "lane" or "WHL" to all fans IMO. It's awesome that we arent moving postcode and in fact are still going to be on part of the same pitch really, or at least the stands will. Had we moved to the East, then there is no chance we can call it the lane, but we are still going to be on White Hart Lane. So yes, I will call it the lane. :)

I also think we won't lose any atmosphere like The Emirates or The London Stadium because of this. We are basically keeping the history of WHL but having a big fcuk off shiny new stadium being built on the same turf.

Especially when the new pitch slides back onto the old pitch when under the South Stand

Someone i know priced up some work at the stadium recently - the line from Mace seemed to be that we would 400% be in next season, but there's a good chance a fair bit of non vital works will be outstanding and that site activity will continue for a good year after moving in.
A completion schedule is in place and it is this which informs the degree of confidence. At present, various packages have completed quicker than others but this isn’t necessarily always ideal as there are timing dependencies. A major forthcoming milestone is to achieve full stadium height and it is now anticipated this will be achieved in appromately four weeks time. This is ahead of schedule. Beyond, focus will then turn to elevating the roof structure, a process which has several dependencies notwithstanding plant decommissioning. It is envisaged that activity around the site envelope will remain for a considerable period of time, but this activity will largely focus upon developing the SDL - not the stadium, which will only have very minor legacy activity and largely speaking, this shouldn’t be visible.

Back