• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Don't forget the Olympic Stadium could be about 65k - if only horrible Newham Council would allow it.
(Although you'd probably be sitting in Towwr Hamlets if they did :D )

Considering we "only" managed to get 73500 people attend the season opener at home, against a top team/London rival on Wembley, with us having our best team in decades, I think 61K is probably just where it should be for the new stadium. We don't want too see many empty seats too often.

Considering we "only" managed to get 73500 people attend the season opener at home, against a top team/London rival on Wembley, with us having our best team in decades, I think 61K is probably just where it should be for the new stadium. We don't want too see many empty seats too often.

It's August and always August games are quieter due to holidays, etc
Also we still sold double what you can get in WHL, that's not exactly bad is it and there was the issue with restricted sales too

It's August and always August games are quieter due to holidays, etc
Also we still sold double what you can get in WHL, that's not exactly bad is it and there was the issue with restricted sales too

Well...good points, and maybe I set my expectations too high, but I really thought we'd see close to a full house here, occation and other things considered. With attendances possibly declining as the season goes on. Doesn't bode well for home games against the less attractive teams, IMO.

Well...good points, and maybe I set my expectations too high, but I really thought we'd see close to a full house here, occation and other things considered. With attendances possibly declining as the season goes on. Doesn't bode well for home games against the less attractive teams, IMO.

Looking round the stadium yesterday, I can't see where there was 16k empty seats, it didn't look as little as that

Burnley is looking like a good turn out already as you say interest could drop off a bit if we don't do as well, hopefully not

Looking round the stadium yesterday, I can't see where there was 16k empty seats, it didn't look as little as that

Burnley is looking like a good turn out already as you say interest could drop off a bit if we don't do as well, hopefully not

Well, there were chunks tarped over at East end, various clumps everywhere, and not a single fully occupied row in any block that I could see. Rows around me (Club Wembley, 'home end') perhaps 1 seat in 5 empty. It all mounts up.

Is the attendance the turnstile count, or seats sold?

Well, there were chunks tarped over at East end, various clumps everywhere, and not a single fully occupied row in any block that I could see. Rows around me (Club Wembley, 'home end') perhaps 1 seat in 5 empty. It all mounts up.

Is the attendance the turnstile count, or seats sold?

This, look at Arsenal thousands of empty seats and yet its always 60k

I think 60k was chosen as optimum

A lot of the Italian teams have been/are moving out of their bigger Italia 90 stadiums into more intimate 40-60k grounds

Is there an option to extend the stadium to increase capacity in the future if required, I'd hope the design is future proofed.

Officially we've said it's not possible.

But I suspect that was a white lie to not create another obstacle to the planning process re transport/residents.

ture, but anfield's expansion is looking to match old trafford ... however i just checked chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project and it looks like they're gunning for 60K ++ ...so its not that bad i guess.

No liverpool are not, they are trying to get the next phase up 5k. No where close to OT.

I believe arsenal generate the most revenue from their stadium in the uk.

We will be priced similarly i believe.
Looks like ManU found new ways to increase their revenue from the prawn sandwich phalanx...

C_Sq9E3WsAEoC8Q.jpg:small

Looks like ManU found new ways to increase their revenue from the prawn sandwich phalanx...

C_Sq9E3WsAEoC8Q.jpg:small

They have roughly 20k more seats and generate only 7m more ... wait until the start the tunnel club, bakery, cheese store and a micro brewery then we shall see hahaha

Weren't we limited for security reasons from selling many more to get a full house?

but anfield's expansion is looking to match old trafford ... however i just checked chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project and it looks like they're gunning for 60K ++ ...so its not that bad i guess.
Nope, just done some extensive research, results below

Current > Planned max capacity by stadium:

75k > 88k - United (plans announced 2017; start/completion dates awaited)
57k > 66k - West Ham (existing capacity is 66k, owners currently lobbying to be allowed up to 60k)
36k > 61k - Tottenham (completion expected 2018)
55k > 61k - City (plans confirmed 2016; start/completion dates awaited)
60k - 60k - Celtic (no expansion planned)
41k > 60k - Chelsea (completion planned for 20/21)
60k - 60k - Arsenal (no expansion planned)
54k > 59k - Liverpool (announcement due Sept 2017)
40k > 50k - Everton (new stadium plans announced; start/completion dates awaited)
52k - 52k - Saudi Sportswashing Machine (all previous hopes for expansion dashed by Mike Ashley March 2017)
50k - 50k - Rangers (no expansion planned)

Assuming we manage to fill the new WHL regularly our average attendance should place us comfortably among the top ten in Europe:

Average attendances by top European clubs 2016/17

79,653 Dortmund
78,034 Barcelona
75,290 Man United
75,000 Bayern Munich
69,462 Real Madrid
60,703 Schalke 04
59,957 Arsenal
56,972 West Ham
55,952 Benfica
54,762 Celtic
54,091 Emirates Marketing Project
53,016 Liverpool
52,341 Hamburg
51,494 Borussia Mönchengladbach
51,106 Saudi Sportswashing Machine
50,573 Stuttgart
50,267 Hertha Berlin

This, look at Arsenal thousands of empty seats and yet its always 60k
The FA require notification of tickets sold not numbers passing through the turnstile. However the police require to be informed of the latter and in recent years applications on the grounds of Freedom of Information have revealed the true numbers attending versus the official figures at for example the Emirates and Stratford, revealing predictable discrepancies:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-higher-than-official-Met-Police-figures.html

Having said that, examination of the police figures also reveals ignorance on the part of the staff dealing with the stats as in some cases the FoI figure is significantly higher than even the official capacity. This can happen when they mistakenly add the away support a second time to a total that has already included it. :oops:

Edit: Stratford link deleted (broken), google The Truth about West Ham's attendances

Last edited:
Back