• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

WHL_31.png

They can't be more than half way through the cutting process.

Been watching on the Spurs stadium cams for an hour or so. Fun to see stuff falling off the truss. Still beavering away with the torches. But wait...!

The man in the orange overalls, who has been standing stock still for ages watching the welders work, has moved! He's walking east! It's a purposeful stride, now passing the large keepy-uppy cranes.

And he's gone. Probably just taking a tinkle.

As I am, no doubt.

And now he's back! The man in orange is back. Looking lively and a little lighter in his step. Well placed, them loos.

Oh, this is almost as much fun as the Lady in Blue in the renders.

And now the cutting cage has been brought down to the ground. The weldy-cutty chaps have disembarked. It's all gone quiet except for the cranes twirling big material packets about and the excavators and loaders and dump trucks endlessly shifting dirt and dust about. And authoritative-looking chaps standing and pointing around the truss area. There's quite a bit of severed metal in the structure and it looks like it could separate with a solid rap.

But what's this? Someone in a Spurs kit has set up a ball about 30-40 yards from the truss. Can't make out who it is. There's some commentary faintly audible. I'll try to transcribe...

...Mabbut has gone forward with Stewart to the right, Lineker and Howe to the left. Is Gascoigne gonna have a crack? He is you know. OHH I SAY! BRILLIANT! That is Schoolboys Own stuff. Is there anything left from this man to surprise us?

And with that, the truss has been fully severed and carefully dropped. The cranes are all performing pirouettes, the bosses are popping champagne corks and the workers are all throwing their hardhats in the air and carrying Gazza off the pitch.

Shame if you missed it.

All whimsy aside, there's action in the bullpen.

The Flying Weld-endas are back in their bucket and being carried aloft. More sparks surely to follow.

Welders are down and yellow crane that hoisted the west side crew has moved south and well clear of area where truss would be lowered to. East side sparkies are down and away as well. Is this go time?

Looks like they're still cutting on the east side. That basket is spending too much time on the ground. Less break time, more cutting time.

I think it's loose on the west side. Looks like the remaining pillar leaned slightly inwards. Can no longer make out the gaps that were cut.

Back