• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

This one for me:

RI6TWYf.jpg

Northumberland Development Project (NDP) Update

The stadium build has now reached Level 6; the NFL has engaged in the design of its dedicated areas; the groundworks for the Tottenham Experience Museum and Retail store are underway along with restoration works to Percy House, the future High Road home for the Tottenham Hotspur Foundation.

The progress of the construction programme and the delivery timetable for the new stadium and associated public sector infrastructure works – both of which are paramount before any decision will be made on the decommissioning of White Hart Lane – are being closely monitored.

The stadium project continues to drive benefits to the local area. We have now delivered more than 900 jobs across many different sectors of employment.

We shall continue to provide updates as the scheme progresses.

The Training Centre

Construction is well under way on the player accommodation facility for the First Team and Academy, scheduled for opening in early 2018. When complete, this 46-bedroom facility will deliver an unparalleled environment for player rest and rehabilitation, further enhancing what is widely recognised as one of the best Training Centres in Europe.

Outlook

Chairman, Daniel Levy, said: "This financial period saw record revenues and the Club's highest placed finish in the Premier League.

"There was also substantial progress on capital projects with schemes underway at both the new stadium site and our Training Centre.

“We have run this Club on a financially secure basis for the past 16 years, whilst remaining ambitious and with a vision for its future growth and success.

“We continue to focus on ensuring that the future of the Club is protected at all times and therefore, whilst everyone is eager to know if this is our last season at the Lane, we shall only make the decision to decommission our historic White Hart Lane when we have greater certainty on the delivery of the new stadium.

“Our performances on the pitch and the sight of our new stadium taking shape signifies an exciting future. As we move forward with the challenges ahead, I firmly believe that the positive outlook, unity and togetherness across the Club, the team and the fans means we can look forward with optimism."

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/financial-results-290317/
I wonder is his concern projects not under his control. Remember his recent comments about lack of support from City Hall etc.

We all know the first we'll know for definite that his is our last season at the current lane is when it starts to get torn down. Followed a day or two later with an announcement saying it has started.

I think we'll know when the ask for our season ticket money.

I wonder is his concern projects not under his control. Remember his recent comments about lack of support from City Hall etc.
There is nothing that suggests that the building of the stadium itself will not be completed in time. I think the worry is about the rest of the infrastructure around, especially transportation. It's highly unlikely we'll get a safety certificate for almost double the capacity, if the transport infrastructure isn't improved. That is Levy's worry and the reason for the delay in committing to the move to Wembley, I believe.

There is nothing that suggests that the building of the stadium itself will not be completed in time. I think the worry is about the rest of the infrastructure around, especially transportation. It's highly unlikely we'll get a safety certificate for almost double the capacity, if the transport infrastructure isn't improved. That is Levy's worry and the reason for the delay in committing to the move to Wembley, I believe.
i think you're right (even though I believe it will all go ahead) but we have to ponder how the goons got past that issue?

Correct. Levy is just putting pressure on others to deliver their end of the bargain, he has all his ducks in a row and just needs to apply the squeeze and hear the right noises from the government etc.

So what's the current situation/plan to improve the transport links? Have they done anything to the stations yet?

Correct. Levy is just putting pressure on others to deliver their end of the bargain, he has all his ducks in a row and just needs to apply the squeeze and hear the right noises from the government etc.
For some reason I imagined the sounds of squeezy ducks while reading that.

They expect a significant amount of people to walk to seven sisters.I think its more money and building related than trying to bully the council and tfl.

i think you're right (even though I believe it will all go ahead) but we have to ponder how the goons got past that issue?

Arsenal got past that issue because TfL made a material change to the way Holloway Road was used by the Piccadilly Line on event days and used re-education of fans habits well in advance of the move (18 months +). That's easy to do when you have 3-4 Tube stations in close proximity plus 1 main line station at Drayton Park. Tottenham and Levy don't have that luxury so if that is really the issue for Levy then I could see him pulling it for this season and staying if he knows that we wouldn't be granted a licence for full use under current circumstance.

So what's the current situation/plan to improve the transport links? Have they done anything to the stations yet?

White Hart Lane station is to be developed on the current site with the building expanded and the platforms lengthened as well as the service timetable being increased. The expectation is that like the Emirates and Wembley, Our stadium becomes virtually 100% public transport orientated.
I think initially the plan might have been to move the station slightly further north so they could use the big building yard they purchased on the other side of the road from the station and to me that would make more sense rather than developing the current building which is on a tight corner plot and requires mass work to get it up to standard.

White Hart Lane station is to be developed on the current site with the building expanded and the platforms lengthened

I don't think this is true, is it?

"White Hart Lane station will be redeveloped – with the creation of a newly-located station entrance, a new ticket hall and wider platform access. This redevelopment forms part of the regeneration plans for the west side of the High Road being led by Haringey Council. This scheme has received planning permission and is now programmed to open in line with the new stadium. "

That's straight from the official site

Libero has covered most of it but ICYMI...

http://new-stadium.tottenhamhotspur.com/transport/
In 2003, over 60% of fans came by car. By 2014, that figure had reduced down to 42% for weekend fixtures and we plan to bring that number down to a maximum of 23% in the future...

I also stumbled across this...

https://www.ianvisits.co.uk/blog/2017/02/05/londons-rail-upgrades-a-progress-report/
Some of the track circuits at Northumberland Park depot were replaced over the Christmas period and are part of the programme to increase the peak frequency of Victoria line services to 36 trains per hour by May 2017.

Just done a bit of googling and found that the increase on the Victoria Line to 36 per hour is just two trains more than previously. But then the Victoria Line already has more trains per hour than any other line and will now have more than double the number per hour at peak times (36) than the District (18) and treble the least frequent, the Hammersmith and City (12).

Whereas White Hart Lane overground has a maximum of just four trains per hour. Not aware of any plans to increase this number on match days, only that the station will be served by 'brand new and higher capacity trains, similar to the new Metropolitan Line trains.'

Tottenham to announce confirmation of Wembley deadline extension - report
Tottenham will confirm they have been given extra time to make a decision on playing at Wembley next season, sources tell Press Association Sport.

Spurs were due to notify the Football Association by Friday whether they would host matches at the national stadium in 2017-18 but the club requested that deadline be extended.

Sources tell Press Association Sport the FA has agreed, with the expectation now that Tottenham will instead make a final call by the end of April.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/tottenham-h...irmation-of-wembley-deadline-extension-report

Just done a bit of googling and found that the increase on the Victoria Line to 36 per hour is just two trains more than previously. But then the Victoria Line already has more trains per hour than any other line and will now have more than double the number per hour at peak times (36) than the District (18) and treble the least frequent, the Hammersmith and City (12).

Whereas White Hart Lane overground has a maximum of just four trains per hour. Not aware of any plans to increase this number on match days, only that the station will be served by 'brand new and higher capacity trains, similar to the new Metropolitan Line trains.'
I see that there should also be an increase of 2 trains per hour (up to 4, from the current 2) on the line from Stratford to Northumberland Park; due by December 2018.

https://tottenham.london/explore/northumberland-park/transport

https://www.networkrail.co.uk/wp-co...Enhancements-Delivery-Plan-September-2016.pdf

Wembley orginally had a pre Christmas deadline for Spurs to commit. That got pushed back to March, and will likely keep being pushed back as long as we need time.

At this point they're not going to say no as their events calendar assumes Spurs will be there. Levy is now in the driving seat if that particular negotiation, which hasn't always been the case.

I went over the FAQ on the new stadium site, and saw this. Really happy to see it, and hope they get this one sorted out well. 17k tier means nothing if it doesn't group together a bunch of fans willing to sing.
The size of it might cause a problem - we currently have a couple of sections that sing which will soon be incorporated into one stand. How will the song go then?

"We're the top bit, we're top bit, we're the top bit of the fudging massive new stand"
"We're the bottom left corner, we're the bottom left corner............."

Doesn't quite work as well.

Back