• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

1 The travelling. The journey on the tube after the game is appalling with passengers rammed in train cars.
2. The time it takes to get on the tube.
3. The price of catering.
4. Parking, the price is extortionate and very slow to leave.

1. Wil be different for league games at the weekend as there will be a more even spread over which time supporters arrive/leave the area
2. Same as above really - tbh I always hang back an hour at least before getting the train away and at Wembley so far I've walked straight on to a tube without queuing every time and usually there's a seat too.
3. Bring drinks in and/or eat before/after, you're only in there for two hours
4. Can't comment on that one tbf

1. Wil be different for league games at the weekend as there will be a more even spread over which time supporters arrive/leave the area
2. Same as above really - tbh I always hang back an hour at least before getting the train away and at Wembley so far I've walked straight on to a tube without queuing every time and usually there's a seat too.

Bit of a crap choice either way. Even if you leave 10 mins early as I did against Moscow it still takes about 20 minutes to get on to the platform.

I know things can't stay the same forever but I prefer the old Wembley, even with it's crappy and uncomfortable wooden seats.

Bit of a crap choice either way. Even if you leave 10 mins early as I did against Moscow it still takes about 20 minutes to get on to the platform.

I know things can't stay the same forever but I prefer the old Wembley, even with it's crappy and uncomfortable wooden seats.

Used intermittently, as you would stand much of the time - even on the benches

Is that allowed?

Mmm That sounds an attractive option, sit around for an hour after after the game as there is so much to do, taking my packed lunch (hope mummy puts in a Wagon Wheel) and hope less than 50k turn up for the game.

Mmm That sounds an attractive option, sit around for an hour after after the game as there is so much to do, taking my packed lunch (hope mummy puts in a Wagon Wheel) and hope less than 50k turn up for the game.

Or you know, pubs/bars/restaurants/fast food outlets - there isn't just a stadium and a tube station at Wembley ;)

If I drive I drive to Stanmore, use the website to park on somebodies drive then get the tube in, it takes 7 minutes or so

I looked at that but I drive from Bexley and that adds more time and still have the problem with queue for tube, I thought about getting train to Wembley Hill (Stadium) but that means a bus journey, train, tube and train, that along with my arthritic knee all add up to pain in knee and arse.

Or you know, pubs/bars/restaurants/fast food outlets - there isn't just a stadium and a tube station at Wembley ;)

But I like to eat and drink where and when I like, not because the alternative is a nightmare, also how long will it be that these places are packed and will Spurs arrange a discount for me as I'm spending even more going to a match? As I said it's bearable once or twice a year but every other week at either 12.30: 12.45: 13.00: 13.30: 14.00; 14.05: 15.00: 16.00: 16.05: 17.30: 19.45: 20.00 or any other on a Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Wednesday or Thursday is not an experience that fills me with joy.

But I like to eat and drink where and when I like, not because the alternative is a nightmare, also how long will it be that these places are packed and will Spurs arrange a discount for me as I'm spending even more going to a match? As I said it's bearable once or twice a year but every other week at either 12.30: 12.45: 13.00: 13.30: 14.00; 14.05: 15.00: 16.00: 16.05: 17.30: 19.45: 20.00 or any other on a Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Wednesday or Thursday is not an experience that fills me with joy.

Well fair enough if you have to eat in the stadium and you have to leave straight after but you can't say there aren't options to avoid doing both if they are ruining your experience

Stay at the Hilton next door?

If I drive I drive to Stanmore, use the website to park on somebodies drive then get the tube in, it takes 7 minutes or so
That's what I do if I'm not staying. I park somewhere between Wembley and the North Circular and I'm gone before most people are out of the car park.

1 The travelling. The journey on the tube after the game is appalling with passengers rammed in train cars.
2. The time it takes to get on the tube.
3. The price of catering.
4. Parking, the price is extortionate and very slow to leave.

I think 1 & 2 could equally apply to those using White Hart Lane Station. Or compared to the walk to Seven Sisters it's probably quicker to get to Wembley Park tube. Personally I find Wembley much quicker to get back into central London.

whl_20.png

North stand middle tier almost complete, just need that concrete pump removed first, and work on the upper tier has started.

I think 1 & 2 could equally apply to those using White Hart Lane Station. Or compared to the walk to Seven Sisters it's probably quicker to get to Wembley Park tube. Personally I find Wembley much quicker to get back into central London.

Agreed, I can normally get to wembley park in the first or second wave of people allowed into the station which gets me back to baker street within half an hour of exiting the stadium.

Back