• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

I don't think we have to worry about Levy, it's the fanbase which could cause problems if we have a bad season at Wembley - doesn't take long for opinion to turn on a manager and I'm not sure we'll stand by Pochettino if we flounder around mid table (or worse)

Big couple of seasons coming up

Bingo.

I've already had someone say to me that if we get to the semi-final or final we will have a big unfair advantage over our opponents.

I can see the FA reintroducing neutral venues for the semis next season. Like the old days. Maybe One at Old Trafford and maybe even one at the Olympic Stadium

I can see the FA reintroducing neutral venues for the semis next season. Like the old days. Maybe One at Old Trafford and maybe even one at the Olympic Stadium
What makes you say this? I can't see the FA losing out on a couple of pay days. I would like it to happen mind.

The FA make a minimum of £10m every time the stadium is full, no way as you say are they going to give that up
They might come under pressure to move to neutral venues it if we reach the semis and we are seen to have "home advantage" at Wembley.

They might come under pressure to move to neutral venues it if we reach the semis and we are seen to have "home advantage" at Wembley.
But I understood playing at Wembley was meant to be a disadvantage to us? At the very least we need to start winning at Wembley first. Until then they cannot have it both ways.

Not sure why such negetivity we had two bad games at wembley and the whole thing is written off.Actually i think the larger pitch will suit us and we will be fine.

An advantage of playing the European games at Wembley this season is that the players will have become used to it. Some transition period was inevitable, but hopefully we will be over it and ready to start the season.

This always stuck me as a better reason for the Wembley move this season. The reduced capacity seemed more like an excuse than a reason we had to move.

I was sort of anticipating us having to play all FA Cup & League Cup fixtures away from home (Wembley), or a change of ticket allocation to give away teams say 30% of tickets. Semi finals aside, of course

I suppose the FA couldn't accept that we'd have home advantage for the semis as that would have to apply to the Final as well, and there's no way they'd play that away from Wembley.

I hate playing at Wembley, it's not about the CL form or results. It's a crap experience which is bearable when you go for a Cup Final or big international but going every other week on the drug induced timetable the Greed League with their pals on TV compile is a f****** nightmare. For the first time in 60 years I'm dreading going to home games, and there have been a lot of bad seasons in that time.

I hate playing at Wembley, it's not about the CL form or results. It's a crap experience which is bearable when you go for a Cup Final or big international but going every other week on the drug induced timetable the Greed League with their pals on TV compile is a f****** nightmare. For the first time in 60 years I'm dreading going to home games, and there have been a lot of bad seasons in that time.
Me too, brick train services on my line at weekends,driving will take two hours plus, will be a horrific pain for a year for me

I don't think we have to worry about Levy, it's the fanbase which could cause problems if we have a bad season at Wembley - doesn't take long for opinion to turn on a manager and I'm not sure we'll stand by Pochettino if we flounder around mid table (or worse)

Big couple of seasons coming up

As long as we're not in danger of relegation, I'd hope most fans understand that we're now locked in and pretty much have no other choice. It isn't a question of whether we empathize with the job Poch is (or will be) doing - it's simply a fact that no one else can come in now and guarantee us anything whatsoever in terms of doing better, or retaining our key players, or preventing instability at a critical time in our history.

I have a few concerns about how blindly people seem to be believing in Poch, and to be fair I've voiced them quite often and been proven wrong quite often. But, even if I gave in to those doubts and changed my opinion on Poch being the right man for us, I can recognize that, whatever his flaws, he is the man most suited to lead us through this vital, delicate period. He earned this simply by being around for the previous two seasons and developing relationships with players that now are devoted to him in a way that they wouldn't be to any new man.

Back