• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

I think those measurements would be for what we can go up to rather than necessarily what we actually will have?

I think those measurements would be for what we can go up to rather than necessarily what we actually will have?
No. Those are the dimensions the pitch will have. It's become a standard size now. Maximum pitch dimensions as by FIFA regulations are length: 120 meter * width: 90 meters.

Santiago Bernabeu previously had the largest pitch in the top leagues in Europe, measuring 107*72 meters, but they reduced it to 105*68 some years ago.

Last edited:
We were only permitted to have a smaller pitch at WHL (along with Goodison, Selhurst Park, Stamford Bridge and Anfield) due to the stadium preventing us from meeting the new rules. Any new build must have a pitch measuring 105 metres by 68 metres, thus we have no choice but to play on a pitch of those dimensions at Wembley Stadium.

From the Premier League handbook, which can be found on https://www.premierleague.com/publications

The Pitch

K.15 Unless otherwise permitted by the Board, in League Matches the length of the pitch shall be 105 metres and its breadth 68 metres.

K.16 The Board shall only give permission to a Club for the dimensions of its pitch to be other than as set out in Rule K.15 if it is impossible for it to comply with Rule K.15 due to the nature of the construction of its Stadium.

K.17 A Club shall register the dimensions of its pitch before the commencement of each Season by giving written notice thereof in Form 8 to the Board.

K.18 The Board may at any time require a Club to obtain and submit to the Board a report by an independent expert certifying its pitch dimensions.

K.19 No Club shall alter the dimensions of its pitch during the Season without the prior written consent of the Board.

Last edited:
The Lineker Addendums.

K. 20 It's colour shall be green.

K. 21The pitch shall be rectangular in shape.

K.22 The ball shall be round in shape.

K. 23 No less than 22 players at the start of each game shall commence pursuit of said ball.

K. 24 Germany shall win 1-0.

Technically, a pitch could be square.
Not according to the regulations, no. Pitch lenght must be between 90 and 120 meter, and width between 45 and 90 meters, but
  • The field of play must be rectangular and marked with lines. These lines belong to the areas of which they are boundaries.

Not according to the regulations, no. Pitch lenght must be between 90 and 120 meter, and width between 45 and 90 meters, but
  • The field of play must be rectangular and marked with lines. These lines belong to the areas of which they are boundaries.

so a 90*90.5 pitch would theoretically be possible, if a stadium was small enough to not allow anything bigger?

A square is a special case of a rectangle (a quadrilateral with four right angles). 90m x 90m would be acceptable under the regulations.

A square is a special case of a rectangle (a quadrilateral with four right angles). 90m x 90m would be acceptable under the regulations.
No it would not. In addition to that, most leagues have minimum requirements for pitch dimensions. Here in Norway for ex. from division 3 and upwards, the pitch must have a minimum length of 100m and width no less than 64m.

Sent with Miele C1 Vacuum cleaner

9c60aace24311590924a9420f32d0800.jpg

8f0f80f903cfe489284023af637398fa.jpg

bf848a21780f1a1efb3c89f09a22b405.jpg

I heard that Spurs/Levy will make a profit of 3mil or more on the cranes we bought as the price has been going up up up since we bought them. :D

Some idiot called Akhilleus was moaning on the SSC thread, and I wanted to post/discuss it here as I've heard others mention it.

He said: Every time I look at the new stadium design, I can't help but feel a twinge of... almost anger mixed with sadness at the fact that we won't have the intimate stands so close to the touchline anymore that are, dare I say, unique in world football? That is WHL's identity, the thing that sets it apart from all other stadia. I'm massively disappointed that more effort wasn't put into trying to get the stands as close to the touchline in NWHL as they are now at WHL. Levy says we have the closest stands of any modern stadium in Europe? Lies. Only the South stand, and it will still be further away than Park Lane is. Bilbao's stadium is tighter on three of the four sides. I'm sure the design could have been tweaked.

Someone replied:
Fifa & Uefa lay down separate but similar guidelines for new stadia build and stadiums are then given a category , A, B, C and so on. Allocation for club finals/semi finals etc and for international matched including semis and finals, e.g. euros and world cups depend on the stadium category. If we kept the NWHL dimensions we would have been allocated a lowly category and so couldn't be allocated any of those. As is, with the South stand distance breaking one of these guidelines we won't be allocated a World Cup final, but all others are up for grabs but once again with Wembley we probably would get a Euro Nations final. All distances from stand to the pitch are the minimum requirement as per UEFA/FIFA with the exception of the new South stand which is half the distance. But note, the first 3 rows there lift up to slid the pitch under the stand, so perhaps they are detatchable too, increasing the distance to match UEFA/FIFA requirements for finals too - last bit is speculation on my part though.

Note - the stands are as close to the pitch as possible. Indeed the south stand is closer than it should really be. Also, if you move the stands closer then you lose some seats unless you make the stands less steep so to get 61k seats some fans would end up just as far away or further away anyway. The design is OPTIMAL. Note also if you have the stands TOO close then players running at full pelt (e.g. Rose and Walker) run into the advertising screens and injure themselves / fall into the crowd and hurt themselves, like the guy at Everton last week who slid into a solid concrete wall (!!) where they have a gap in the advertising and cracked his head open.

Back