• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

No Saggy-face thread?!?

AdamB

Garth Crooks
So Old Saggy-face decides to resign as QPR manager under the pretence that he has to have a knee operation and no-one thinks its so funny that it warrants a thread of its own??!?

Any chance that his resignation is instead linked to the fact that they're in the relegation zone and didnt manage to bring anyone in in the transfer window? Co-incidence that its the day after the window that he's gone???? Would he have resigned had they signed Adebayor or been in the top half of the league?!?

Did a good job at Spurs but he's never told a truthful word in his life!! Cretin

I've always found the term "saggy" or "twitchy" extremely distasteful given how he only has the twitch due to a car crash in which another man lost his life. I get that he's not everyon'e cup of tea and yes he is out for himself (who isn't out for themselves in football btw?) but I don't know why people can't extend the same courtesy they do to Bale, Berbs and Modric etc who left the club in similarly strained relationships with the club to an extent, but they are still treated as heroes.

Did a brick job at QPR no argument there, some of the antipathy towards him is pathetic.

Just retire now Redknapp, you've had your day.

I've always found the term "saggy" or "twitchy" extremely distasteful given how he only has the twitch due to a car crash in which another man lost his life. I get that he's not everyon'e cup of tea and yes he is out for himself (who isn't out for themselves in football btw?) but I don't know why people can't extend the same courtesy they do to Bale, Berbs and Modric etc who left the club in similarly strained relationships with the club to an extent, but they are still treated as heroes.

Did a crude job at QPR no argument there, some of the antipathy towards him is pathetic.

Erm, Bale, Modric and Berbs aren't twitchy or saggy.

That would be a really strange thing to call any of them.

Erm, Bale, Modric and Berbs aren't twitchy or saggy.

That would be a really strange thing to call any of them.

So if any of those had a car crash that led to a facial deformity you'd see no problem in calling them "twitchy" or "saggy"?

Btw, what the hell is up with that swear filter?

I've always thought Harry overrated . I've watched QPR a few times this season and have been appalled by some of the poor passing from his team . Rangers best games under him, have been when he's instructed them to go hoof-ball to Zamora.

I believe he underachieved with us when we look at the quality of player he had under him.

I've always thought Harry overrated . I've watched QPR a few times this season and have been appalled by some of the poor passing from his team . Rangers best games under him, have been when he's instructed them to go hoof-ball to Zamora.

I believe he underachieved with us when we look at the quality of player he had under him.

Only marginally. We should have finished 3rd in his last season but we finished 4th. Overachieved in the CL and by finishing above Chelsea.

Did an awful job at QPR though.

So if any of those had a car crash that led to a facial deformity you'd see no problem in calling them "twitchy" or "saggy"?

Btw, what the hell is up with that swear filter?
Possibly if they were complete clams and stole from our club to line their own pockets.

Did a crude job at QPR no argument there, some of the antipathy towards him is pathetic.

Agreed. Im all for a fair debate, based on sound reasons, but the level of disrespect given to the manager who gave us the best days we had seen for decades is pretty disgusting. Critic him all you like on footballing reasons, fine. Did he make mistakes with us ? Of course. Did he do a crappy job at QPR ? Yes. But the level of hate levelled at him in certain quarters (who have their own agenda) is appaling.

I dont have any hate for him - just hate the same things about him which I did when he was at Spurs, namely the was he's economical with the truth, two-faced (ie criticises other clubs for touching players up but does it himself) and uses the media. Its also absurd the way some media outlets idolise him. Prior to Spurs he'd achieved about as much as Fat Sam

Redknapp got found out as a manager at QPR. I wish we had had a different manager at the helm when we had that team.

Managing a side containing a midfield of Modric, Parker, Lennon, Bale, Sandro & VDV - plus King at the back - to 4th is no great shakes.

He took Saints down, QPR down, was taking them down a second time; booed out of West Ham and over achieved at Pompey through financially ruining the club with his bent mate Storie.

Moves to Spurs and manages a side containing half the current Real Madrid team and gets 4th (surprise, surprise) and is lauded for it ever more.

Dodgy bloke. Incredible that we played Liverpool away without a manager in the dug out because his dog had tax free offshore accounts in Monaco. You couldn't make it up.

Spurs then stand by him and he hitches his skirt for England. He was out of the door, he was gone. His head was elsewhere as he was certain he was a shoe in. Then, to compound the whole thing, comes out during the seasons run in and publicly states he hoped that Chelsea would win the Champions League. How did that work out again?!

All the candle face name calling and brick I'm ambivalent about. People die every day from vicious diseases etc. If people are so precious about name calling maybe football is the wrong sport. I'm surprised if such people could sit through a news bulletin without having a teary break down every evening. I personally don't indulge in it, but I'm also willing to accept ott abuse is part of football. If the darlings don't like it they could all relinquish their jobs and go and work in anonymity in a factory. But they don't.

Purely from a footballing perspective there is enough to get your teeth into as a Spurs fan with Harry. The fact that he sits through the whole of the window and then quits the day it shuts, leaving QPR completely and utterly in the lurch doesn't surprise me at all. Ask south coast fans what they think of Harry Redknapp.

I was not much of a fan of his when he joined. From what I could tell he has always bought good players from clubs higher than the one he was at, who are not in that team. Then it has helped that side to push on higher. He came to spurs at just the right time and his tactical approach of "run around a bit" left a lot to be desired in certain games. There is no denying he did well for us, but we all knew his limitations. This and the fact he could not keep his mouth shut for 5 minuites about anything really got my goat towards the end.

But when he basically was putting himself out there for the England Job I thought he showed us a total lack of respect. And I for one was glad when he was let go. He was not a long term solution and it was better to move on sooner than later. I dont hate the man, have never called him those names but He is very limited as a manager.

Modric and Bale had outgrown us. I am not unhappy with them as I have come to terms with our current position in the pecking order. After all they did leave us for the Biggest club in the world. And we are not even Champions league regulars. With the way modern football is we boot players out as much as they want to leave. Just enjoy it whilst they are here and playing well and keep hoping we can move up a step so as to keep our star players. I prefer them going to Madrid than Man Yoo that is for sure.

Redknapp got found out as a manager at QPR. I wish we had had a different manager at the helm when we had that team.

Managing a side containing a midfield of Modric, Parker, Lennon, Bale, Sandro & VDV - plus King at the back - to 4th is no great shakes.

He took Saints down, QPR down, was taking them down a second time; booed out of West Ham and over achieved at Pompey through financially ruining the club with his bent mate Storie.

Moves to Spurs and manages a side containing half the current Real Madrid team and gets 4th (surprise, surprise) and is lauded for it ever more.

Dodgy bloke. Incredible that we played Liverpool away without a manager in the dug out because his dog had tax free offshore accounts in Monaco. You couldn't make it up.

Spurs then stand by him and he hitches his skirt for England. He was out of the door, he was gone. His head was elsewhere as he was certain he was a shoe in. Then, to compound the whole thing, comes out during the seasons run in and publicly states he hoped that Chel53a would win the Champions League. How did that work out again?!

All the candle face name calling and crud I'm ambivalent about. People die every day from vicious diseases etc. If people are so precious about name calling maybe football is the wrong sport. I'm surprised if such people could sit through a news bulletin without having a teary break down every evening. I personally don't indulge in it, but I'm also willing to accept ott abuse is part of football. If the darlings don't like it they could all relinquish their jobs and go and work in anonymity in a factory. But they don't.

Purely from a footballing perspective there is enough to get your teeth into as a Spurs fan with Harry. The fact that he sits through the whole of the window and then quits the day it shuts, leaving QPR completely and utterly in the lurch doesn't surprise me at all. Ask south coast fans what they think of Harry Redknapp.

How high do you believe he could have taken us though? Let's not re-write history here, granted he had his misgivings and he mismanaged his final season something chronic, but Man United still had Fergie and Emirates Marketing Project had the best squad in the league so how any can think the ceiling should have been higher than 3rd is seriously kidding themselves.

Is it ok to publicly declare you want to play for Chelsea like Modric did? It's different for managers as they can resign and get out of a job far easier than a player can, but if Poch was courted by Chelsea and decided that he didn't want to turn up to work and manage the league cup final because "his head wasn't right", how exactly do you think that would go down? He handled the England thing horribly and I do feel some anger towards him still, but let's say there were no transfer windows and Real Madrid had come calling for Bale a season previously, would Bale had stayed until the end if Real had said it's now or never? Not a chance.

How high do you believe he could have taken us though? Let's not re-write history here, granted he had his misgivings and he mismanaged his final season something chronic, but Man United still had Fergie and Emirates Marketing Project had the best squad in the league so how any can think the ceiling should have been higher than 3rd is seriously kidding themselves.

Is it ok to publicly declare you want to play for Chel53a like Modric did? It's different for managers as they can resign and get out of a job far easier than a player can, but if Poch was courted by Chel53a and decided that he didn't want to turn up to work and manage the league cup final because "his head wasn't right", how exactly do you think that would go down? He handled the England thing horribly and I do feel some anger towards him still, but let's say there were no transfer windows and Real Madrid had come calling for Bale a season previously, would Bale had stayed until the end if Real had said it's now or never? Not a chance.

No it isn't. We could absolutely have pushed for the title. Sorry, that was the time. Yes, Man U still had Fergie, the same Fergie who knew he was just about done. He took his eye off the ball. Twice. In the event, I'd have just been fudging delighted if he'd achieved your project ceiling for that season. Instead he blew that. Twice too. Remember, he got it back in his hands with only TWO games left. Win them. Just win against a bricky Villa and a flat Fulham. Instead he was lost, bewildered and clueless. As for Modric, we've been down this path before year ago and I got hammered then but I will say it again. He was told by his agent, Mamic, to try and force a move. I cannot genuinely believe that YOU believe everything a player says with regards to transfers. The bottom line is, the ONLY person who didn't play Modric because 'his head wasn't right' was Harry. The player himself had another excellent season for us, consistently delivering fine performances. I cannot make sense of your hypothesis at the end.

Agreed. Im all for a fair debate, based on sound reasons, but the level of disrespect given to the manager who gave us the best days we had seen for decades is pretty disgusting. Critic him all you like on footballing reasons, fine. Did he make mistakes with us ? Of course. Did he do a crappy job at QPR ? Yes. But the level of hate levelled at him in certain quarters (who have their own agenda) is appaling.

That's the thing about Harry you either love him or hate him. I could turn around your statement and say that the amount of fawning over his time at Spurs while over looking his huge errors and the amount of flak his succesors have had to endure because they are being compared to Him despite having inferior squads is appalling.

Is it ok to publicly declare you want to play for Chel53a like Modric did? It's different for managers as they can resign and get out of a job far easier than a player can, but if Poch was courted by Chel53a and decided that he didn't want to turn up to work and manage the league cup final because "his head wasn't right", how exactly do you think that would go down? He handled the England thing horribly and I do feel some anger towards him still, but let's say there were no transfer windows and Real Madrid had come calling for Bale a season previously, would Bale had stayed until the end if Real had said it's now or never? Not a chance.

I think that is an interesting point. I think you have to look at what that taco Rodgers achieved with the bin dippers last season with a squad that IMO no better the one Harry had at his disposal in his final season. Rodgers had to contend with Mourinho and Wenger and finished above them both and came within a cat's whisker of winning the title ahead of City. We were never that close with Harry.

Spurs then stand by him and he hitches his skirt for England. He was out of the door, he was gone. His head was elsewhere as he was certain he was a shoe in. Then, to compound the whole thing, comes out during the seasons run in and publicly states he hoped that Chel53a would win the Champions League. How did that work out again?!

All the candle face name calling and crud I'm ambivalent about. People die every day from vicious diseases etc. If people are so precious about name calling maybe football is the wrong sport. I'm surprised if such people could sit through a news bulletin without having a teary break down every evening. I personally don't indulge in it, but I'm also willing to accept ott abuse is part of football. If the darlings don't like it they could all relinquish their jobs and go and work in anonymity in a factory. But they don't.

Truth will out.

Back