• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

No one wished Toure a happy birthday now he wants to leave

Yaya Toure's agent has described Emirates Marketing Project boss Manuel Pellegrini as a "weak manager" while also criticising the club's chief executive Ferran Soriano and director of football Txiki Begiristain.

Toure's performances have come under the microscope during a dismal run of form for City which has seen them go from title contenders to their current position of fourth in the Premier League table.

And agent Dimitri Seluk claims the club are trying to make Toure a spacegoat for bigger problems behind the scenes.

He told the Sunday Mirror: "Some people at City are trying to blame Yaya for what has happened this season. But those people aren't taking responsibility for their own mistakes.

"I am talking about executives who have bought players for a lot of money and then put those players on the bench.

“Executives spend a lot of money on Stevan Jovetic and then drop him from the Champions League squad. I feel sorry for Pellegrini. He's a good coach but a weak manager.

"He won the title with the team left behind by Roberto Mancini."

The 31-year-old Toure, whose relationship with the club came under strain last summer, has been linked with a move away this summer.

Seluk added: "If City want Yaya to leave, they should come out and say so.

"Two of the biggest clubs have already asked me if he is available and I know that if City would sell, another 10 would call me inside 24 hours."

Most football agents seem like a bunch of babies with their heads shoved way up both their own and their clients asses, but this Seluk dude must surely be the biggest clam of them all! What a fudging disgusting childish drama queen!!

their living is based on players moving clubs, how else is he going to behave, transfers feed his children

and pay for the Ferrari, and the drugs, and the hookers

The one summer we want to get rid of him is the one summer Yaya has said he loves the club. Funny that.

The one summer we want to get rid of him is the one summer Yaya has said he loves the club. Funny that.

Hey SWP...

What do you think will happen with you guys this summer? Pellegrini to go? How about Soriano and Begiristain?

Huge generational change coming up for you guys looking at it from the outside at least... Do you think you'll get started this summer?

Hey SWP...

What do you think will happen with you guys this summer? Pellegrini to go? How about Soriano and Begiristain?

Huge generational change coming up for you guys looking at it from the outside at least... Do you think you'll get started this summer?

I think the plan when getting Pellegrini was to have three fantastic years with the core of the squad while a number of things happened: the stadium expansion was completed; the club settled into the new training centre; we accommodated FFP well into our finances; the first team advanced on all fronts; and, most importantly in my opinion, Patrick Vieira honed his skills with the reserves (EDS) with a view to taking over after Pellegrini.

Those last two points have faltered somewhat, in Europe we have been poor and our team's age problem is more severe than we first thought. Vieira's incubation hasn't gone smoothly, hindering his progress as a coach and our youth team's abilities.

I think change is needed already, certainly with the squad, and supplementing them with youth players has always been the plan. But FFP has us by the balls and not enough of our youth players are up to standard. We have a few good players: Rekik won the league at PSV, Denayer is hailed in Belgium whole on loan at Celtic and Lopes has done well at Lille. But thats not enough. As per your question, we NEED to get started. I don't think we will.

I think we will keep Pellegrini, even if we don't get fourth. I think we will begin a squad revolution, but not to the extent a lot of the fans want. Yaya should go, but we won't get crazy money for him due to his age. Other fringe players like Dzeko, Nasri and Kolarov are rumoured to be on the way out, and seem disruptive characters (which I think is the main problem with the squad, not the manager).

Yaya Touré has launched a stinging attack on the media in England and Ivory Coast, insisting that he has been treated unfairly for his performances withEmirates Marketing Project, claiming: “I have won titles, lots of money, but I am not happy.”

Touré told L’Equipe on Monday that his goal record deserves more praise and that he is deeply hurt and sickened by “lots of bitter people who tried to dirty my name”. The 32-year-old has scored once this season in 11 appearances for City, who are top of the Premier League after nine games played.

“Journalists have spoken about a new departure for me,” Touré said. “But what new departure? I have just come out of a season with City where we finished second in the English league, which is the hardest in the world.

“Last season, exactly, I scored 26 goals, 20 in the Premier League, and nobody mentioned it. You understand a bit by disgust. Here, when it is bad, they stress it; when it’s good, they leave that in the dungeon. They have always used their little methods to annoy me, to alienate me.”

Touré scored only half the number of goals last season that he claimed – 13 in total, 10 of which came in the Premier League – but still had an impressive campaign with City, especially considering that before 2014-15, his brother, Ibrahim, died of cancer while Touré was at the World Cup. Furthermore, at the start of 2015 Touré missed six matches for City – of which the Manchester club won just one – to attend the Africa Cup of Nations with the Ivory Coast, with the central midfielder captaining his country to their first triumph in the competition since 1992.

“That was my biggest desire, my most important project, it happened, finally, after losing two finals,” Touré admitted. “I lifted the trophy as the captain of Les Elephants. Exceptional, unforgettable. I did my job, won AFCON with my colleagues, and subtly, the most unloved individual in the Ivory Coast became the best-loved for a little while.

“They said that I fought with Didier [Drogba], with Zokora, and even Kolo, my own brother … and they denigrated me, even through songs, politicians insulted me. That hurts, that hurts a lot. The national team, it no longer has anything to do with football. It comes from a long time ago, from the Jean-Marc Guillou Academy. People hated the academy because we won everything.”

Touré was linked with a move abroad in the summer, after his agent Dimitri Seluk claimed in May that the Ivorian was “90% certain to leave Emirates Marketing Project.” Internazionale emerged as the most likely destination, with the Italian club’s vice-president, Javier Zanetti, claiming they were close to signing the African.

In May 2014, Seluk also said that Touré was considering leaving City because he was “treated him with disrespect” after the club failed to address a “number of things that have left Yaya feeling bitterly upset”, which included Touré feeling underappreciated on his birthday.

“People thought that I was going to leave because of all that, but they forget that I am an honest person who keeps his word,” Touré continued. “Even if there were lots of bitter people who tried to dirty my name.

“When I arrived at City, in 2010, I heard a lot of people say, here, that I was going to kill football! The journalists were talking about my salary and saying that it was a disgrace. They asked what I, Yaya Touré, was going to change at City. And so, did you see what happened next? We won nearly everything. In fact, it is recognition that I do not have that hurts me. It is a bit sickening.

“I do not want my two sons in football. I do not want them to have to go through everything that I have endured. It has hurt me. Everyone thinks I am happy: I have won titles, lots of money, but, no, I am not happy.

“I do not have a habit of doing impactful interviews, I say only what I think. I have suffered for years, and now I have decided to speak out. I am saying everything.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football...r-city-ivory-coast-won-titles-money-not-happy

This is going into 'I am Sol Campbell' territory.

A reminder of the types of articles written about Yaya when he joined City.

How Barca reserve Yaya Toure was seduced by the fluffy bunnies cuddling of world football

I’ve read many frightening stories about footballers in the Sunday papers.

Mostly involving hookers who kid themselves they’re not hookers, telling us how someone who can’t manage to do it twice-a-week on the pitch did it nine-times-a-night on her mattress.

But no tale has scared me as much as the one I read in a sniffy broadsheet, last Sunday, which could have come from the business pages:

“Emirates Marketing Project’s new £24m signing from Barcelona, Yaya Toure, is being paid £220,000-a-week. His initial wage of £185,000 will rise to £221,000 when the 50% tax rate comes in next April. He is due to receive £4.1m a year after tax, an image rights payment of £1.65m a year and a bonus of £823,000 each time City qualify for the Champions League and £412,000 if they win the competition. He will also get bonuses if the club win the Premier League and the FA Cup. The deal including his transfer fee, wages and bonuses, totals £79.6m.”

Holy. Mother. Of. Jesus. Where will that leave the price of everyone’s season ticket in five years time?

Even more frightening was what that report didn’t say. Toure is not actually that great. He’s not a creative genius who will get backsides off seats but a defensive midfielder who stops players who can.

He wasn’t even a regular at Barcelona, having lost his place to Sergi Busquets. He may not even get a game for City, who already have four highly-rated players to fill that role – Patrick Vieira, Gareth Barry, Nigel de Jong and Vincent Kompany.

And scariest of all, Toure says he only joined City because his agent “told me I had to leave Barcelona”. To add insult to injury the best he could say about his move was “it’s an honour to be playing with my brother Kolo,” before telling Barca that he’d love to go back there if they’ll have him.

If you’re a City fan, I’m guessing you’ll have no problems with the story. It’s proof the Sheikh is more determined than ever to land you the big prizes, and after all those years in United’s shade who could blame you licking your lips at the prospect.

But how do outsiders begin to describe how depressing the implications of this transfer are? I can understand luring the sought-after David Silva to Eastlands for £140,000-a-week, but giving a quarter-of-a-million quid every seven days to a defensive squad player who no other club would have touched for that kind of money and whose name won’t sell shirts, is insanity on a previously unimagined scale.

See how those figures play with Carlos Tevez and Emmanuel Adebayor’s agents, or the leeway it gives Fernando Torres’s and Didier Drogba’s advisors if they decide to listen to a City offer. What do you reckon, half-a-million-a-week minimum? See how it impacts on other clubs trying to keep pace with wage demands.

See the shaking of parents’ heads when City scouts ask to let their little fella join their academy. See the disillusion on the faces of the City youngsters who won the Youth Cup two years ago.

City aren’t alone. Most Premier League clubs will invest the bulk of their summer spending abroad. They’re just the most extreme example of why England’s national side continue to fare so badly at the big tournaments.

Our clubs sent 106 players to South Africa, and the number has already soared past 110 while the contest is still on. Serie A sent 75, La Liga 57.

Spot the link with England’s woeful performances which showed the lack of quality throughout the squad. We just don’t have the players. Mainly because they’ve had their way blocked by average, over-paid foreign mercenaries.

An objective outsider would look at the obscene amount paid to seduce Toure to England, look at the country’s lamentable showing in the World Cup, and conclude we deserve our misery because we’ve become the fluffy bunnies cuddlings of world football.

Or hookers kidding themselves they’re not hookers, to be precise.

Barcelona have always told us they’re more than just a football club, they are Catalonia’s national treasure.

But now they’re taking out loans to pay the players’ wages, it’s clear that was a load of sanctimonious cojones.

Not only are they just another football team, they could be just another Portsmouth. I hope they’ve got a tattooed fan with a big bell?

Altogether now “Pay up Barca, Barca pay up.”

Now the World Cup is finishing get ready for your annual July conversation: “Have you heard of this South American/African/Japanese lad we’re supposed to be after”?

“No.”“He’s ace I’m telling ya.”

“How d’ya know? Seen him play a few games, read the scouting reports,heard from the manager about his strengths?”

“Nah. Even better. Seen his YouTube compilation. Three minutes of pure genius. Some cracking goals.”

Well folks, save yourself the bother of watching it. There’ll be ten goals, mostly scored against a team you’ve never heard of in half-empty stadiums, where he’s allowed acres of space – and spends too long on his goal celebration.

All that’s happened is a sad anorak has done a tribute to him to a Killers soundtrack.

My tip: Wait until he hasn’t played the first four league games of the season then, work out why.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/opinion/football-opinion/brian-reade-column-millions-squandered-3353824

How can paid journalists write such uninformed, pathetic flimflam as this? Everything Yaya talked about in this recent interview is bang on, he is absolutely under-appreciated. Without a doubt, and genuinely without bias, one of the most influential centre midfielders the Prem has ever seen. And yet everybody knows that once he leaves our game, people will talk about how his game tapered off in his last seasons, even though it didn't really as he explained himself. Maybe if people thought about what he said instead of instantly scoffing at it, he might actually be heard.

While I agree on the media bit, he is starting to sound like a bit of a nutcase. Too much conspiracy mumbo jumbo.

I saw earlier today that he didn't win African footballer of the year and figured it would only be a matter of time:

Yaya said:
I’m very, very disappointed. It’s sad to see Africa react this way, that they don’t think African achievements are important.

I think this is what brings shame to Africa, because to act in that way is indecent. But what can we do about it? Us Africans, we don’t show that Africa is important in our eyes. We favour more what’s abroad than our own continent. That is pathetic. Even Fifa, with all its history of corruption, wouldn’t do this.

Yaya will take care of Yaya and let Africa take care of itself. As I’ve been told many times, you can’t take care of Africa too much because Africa will be the first to let you down.

He's a miserable phucker.

"Why can't I have everything in the entire world? My millions of pounds and many winners medals just aren't enough, waahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

Phuck off.

Ha ha I assumed the quote above was a spoof... But bbc are quoting it!!!

Wtf, surely he didn't say that :D

Back