• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager

Steff, you can do way better than that Straw Man argument.

NB I know this isn't the Goon thread, but you should read comments on bbc and social media about the Goon boss, how it is time for him to go, how Unai has a complete lack of ability to create a cohesive defence or muster the effort required to break down a well-drilled Sheff Utd defence... sounds very familiar.

Absolutely agree Nayim, it is a ridiculous post.
Guilty as charged! Frankly, I think it is appropriate given some of the guff I’ve read!!!!

With respect, I've seen plenty of guff from you on this as well.

Would be nice if people could actually talk the points of posts, and not all the fluff and straw man nonsense they go for instead.

Strange that, as I’ve heard just so many people saying we should hire Pulis..... :rolleyes:

...I see that any last vestiges of sarcastic humour disappear when I pull out this big old P! Or to phrase it appropriately, when I post a massive dingdong pic on GG!!!!

With respect, I've seen plenty of guff from you on this as well.

Would be nice if people could actually talk the points of posts, and not all the fluff and straw man nonsense they go for instead.

Hahahahaha, now you ARE making me laugh you sensitive, fragile thing!!!

“People” (I assume you mean me by “people”) have put forth many perfectly plausible counter-points. You just don’t acknowledge them or simply try and shout them down. Which is fine. We all have different styles. But honestly, if you’re going to get snooty and toss yer toys out of the pram over a Pulis/dingdong pic, then you’re shouting loud and clear in a language I find bizarre!

As for your obsession with Wurzel Gummidges, that too is odd.

Anyway, when I next get a chance, look forward to another “potential candidate” for all of you whingers to get flappy about!

It isn’t even personal mate! You’re just taking it on!!!!

Steff, you can do way better than that Straw Man argument.

NB I know this isn't the Goon thread, but you should read comments on bbc and social media about the Goon boss, how it is time for him to go, how Unai has a complete lack of ability to create a cohesive defence or muster the effort required to break down a well-drilled Sheff Utd defence... sounds very familiar.

A mate and I are currently recording a collection of weekly podcasts. He is a Gooner. Trust me, I hear it week in week out!!!!!

I have to say, the almost fervent seriousness that my rather large Pulis pic has provoked is quite something. “Straw man”, “fluff” (well, Nayim had a point there)...

Here’s the truth Bullet, Nayim, anyone else who took that seriously...it was humour but it was also the only way I could (at this point) somewhat light-heartedly express my frustration at the entire thread and mood generally in some others. I thought people would be able to have a chuckle. That some have taken it seriously tells me this place is a bit “Mercury in retrograde”.

There again, in the match thread my “coach comments on the right back named Penis” was apparently taken seriously (please tell me
MY humour meter missed some return fire?)...

Mental.

Hahahahaha, now you ARE making me laugh you sensitive, fragile thing!!!

“People” (I assume you mean me by “people”) have put forth many perfectly plausible counter-points. You just don’t acknowledge them or simply try and shout them down. Which is fine. We all have different styles. But honestly, if you’re going to get snooty and toss yer toys out of the pram over a Pulis/dingdong pic, then you’re shouting loud and clear in a language I find bizarre!

As for your obsession with Wurzel Gummidges, that too is odd.

Anyway, when I next get a chance, look forward to another “potential candidate” for all of you whingers to get flappy about!

It isn’t even personal mate! You’re just taking it on!!!!

I mean you, as well as plenty others.

Not sensitive, not taking anything on. Simpler than that. Bored.

Bored of excuses being made, flimsy ones at that, and never seeing any acknowledgement of how "light" they are.

Bored of the "I'm a better fan than you" undertones.

Bored of the Poch defense league refusing to accept any form of criticism. No matter how valid.

Bored of the strange preoccupation with arguing about formation, when the argument is completely missing the point.

Speaking of which, really bored of that happening with every thing anyone says.

So yeah. No exclamations, no caps, not even singling you out. Just kind of "meh" with the whole "discourse" around the situation right now.

A mate and I are currently recording a collection of weekly podcasts. He is a Gooner. Trust me, I hear it week in week out!!!!!

I have to say, the almost fervent seriousness that my rather large Pulis pic has provoked is quite something. “Straw man”, “fluff” (well, Nayim had a point there)...

Here’s the truth Bullet, Nayim, anyone else who took that seriously...it was humour but it was also the only way I could (at this point) somewhat light-heartedly express my frustration at the entire thread and mood generally in some others. I thought people would be able to have a chuckle. That some have taken it seriously tells me this place is a bit “Mercury in retrograde”.

There again, in the match thread my “coach comments on the right back named Penis” was apparently taken seriously (please tell me
MY humour meter missed some return fire?)...

Mental.
It might mean your jokes weren’t funny? ;-p

BTW, have you been to see The Joker yet? :p

I mean you, as well as plenty others.

Not sensitive, not taking anything on. Simpler than that. Bored.

Bored of excuses being made, flimsy ones at that, and never seeing any acknowledgement of how "light" they are.

Bored of the "I'm a better fan than you" undertones.

Bored of the Poch defense league refusing to accept any form of criticism. No matter how valid.

Bored of the strange preoccupation with arguing about formation, when the argument is completely missing the point.

Speaking of which, really bored of that happening with every thing anyone says.

So yeah. No exclamations, no caps, not even singling you out. Just kind of "meh" with the whole "discourse" around the situation right now.

The acid test for me today! Very very important game!
But I agree with you!

my big big problem is the lack of a clear successor.

Last edited:
Back