• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Seven Games

glorygloryeze

Ian Walker
Next few games:

Sat Oct 14th: PL, Bournemouth (H)
Tues Oct 17th: CL, Real Madrid (A)
Sun Oct 22nd: PL, Liverpool (H)
Wed Oct 25th: LC, West Ham (H)
Sat Oct 28th: PL, Man Utd (A)
Weds Nov 1st: CL, Real Madrid (H)
Sat Nov 4th: PL, Crystal Palace (H)

Busy, busy run; we fell over at this point last year due to key injuries to Kane, Alderweireld and to a lesser extent, Lamela. Massive test of the squad and Poch's coaching and rotation skills imo.

Whatever happens it'll be fascinating.

I need TP for my bunghole, COYS

Next few games:

Busy, busy run; we fell over at this point last year due to key injuries to Kane, Alderweireld and to a lesser extent, Lamela. Massive test of the squad and Poch's coaching and rotation skills imo.

WWWWWWW

Next few games:

Tough run for sure, hope fans are realistic

- Bournemouth, Palace are the obvious, must win, get the job done games
- I'd bite your arm off for a loss/draw against Madrid
- I'd take a draw against United
- Would really like to see us push for a win against Pool and Spam

4W, 2D, 1L would be a great month, even losing both against Madrid wouldn't be a disaster.
A bad month could see us losing 4+ games (2 Madrid, Spam & 1 of Pool/United)

I was going to do a thread on this anyway, so I've moved these posts here.

Most important game to me is Liverpool. Not just because I hate them, but also because a win would put some real distance between us. I'm not sure I see a title challenge as realistic this season, so making sure we get top 4 is priority number one. If we finish above Liverpool and Arsenal it is mission accomplished IMO.

Second most important are our two other home games in the league. We can get away with everyone not being at 100% here, but 3 points is must from each of them.

United haven't played a single decent side yet, so it's hard to gauge how good the really are. Having made a good start, Mourinho will resort to parking the bus when they start facing trickier opposition with the aim of not losing and hopefully grind out some 1-0 wins. Winning this game isn't vital for our top 4 hopes, but luckily it comes after the Liverpool game and we can reassess the situation then.

Real Madrid are bonus games and I really hope we don't go full strength in them.

We also play West Ham.

We can completely rotate the XI for West Ham in the league cup. For the other games, we can rotate our wing-backs. Dele will be suspended for Madrid, so we can use Son...or another midfielder if we want to be more defensive. Hopefully Dembele will be fit so we can play him in a couple of the games.

Our squad should be able to handle it imo. 7 wins, no problem :)

Looking forward to this! And Im sure the players are as well. It will be though, but this is where we want to be.

Hopefully we'll at least have Dembele and Wanyama back and fullt for, because we will need them.

Sorry @Jordinho but I hope we do play full strength against Real Madrid. Let's give them a game. Why qualify for CL to play reserves?

The point of qualifying is mainly to make more money. If we're in someone, else is out. Right now we need to keep qualifying to continue raising our profile. That will increase our commercial income which in turn increases our ability to sign and retain better players. A win over Liverpool is a lot more important.

The point of qualifying is mainly to make more money. If we're in someone, else is out. Right now we need to keep qualifying to continue raising our profile. That will increase our commercial income which in turn increases our ability to sign and retain better players. A win over Liverpool is a lot more important.

Not really. Look at Liverpool's results last season, they beat all the 'big' teams, and screwed up against the lesser teams. If we get good, consistent, results against the teams beneath us in the league then Liverpool will end up beneath us as a consequence of us having a fairly successful season. I think that we can get a result from Liverpool anyway, and saying that it's a game that is a priority is a bit much in my view.

Not really. Look at Liverpool's results last season, they beat all the 'big' teams, and screwed up against the lesser teams. If we get good, consistent, results against the teams beneath us in the league then Liverpool will end up beneath us as a consequence of us having a fairly successful season. I think that we can get a result from Liverpool anyway, and saying that it's a game that is a priority is a bit much in my view.

The CL games that matter are Dortmund away and APOEL at home. Get the results there and the Real games are meaningless. We're not likely to get much from either game against them anyway, so I consider being fresh for the following league games to be our priority. If any of our most important players have to miss one game out of the three against Bournemouth, Real and Liverpool to perform at the required level, they should miss Real IMO.

Next few games:

We did alright without Kane

What cost is was losing Toby (i did the analysis a while back)

Tough decisions for Poch on squad rotation. Hopefully we'll have a few more to choose from and our important starters stay fit.

The league is more important right now.

Helpful that the Spammers game is in the middle of that run because if you were to rest the entire first choice 11, then that team can play 3 games in 8 days then have a week off and then play 3 in 8 days again. We would be quite that extreme but tiredness shouldnt be too much of an issue

In terms of targets:
- 8 points from the 4 league games would be a good result given the run of games, 9-12 points would be a great result
- even 1 point in total from the 2 RM games would be a great result, even though they're playing poorly at the moment. It would hopefully mean that a win against the cypriots would put us through
- I dont really care about the League Cup and would happily take losing in the first round each year if it meant just one better result in the league/CL, but would be nice to not lose to that bunch of toe rags

Tough decisions for Poch on squad rotation

I dont think its that hard. Rest the entire first 11 v West Ham. Play the entire first 11 (more or less) for the other 6 games - the West Ham game gives a break in the middle of the run. There would be the odd change to the first 11 for those other 6 games (eg Dele suspension, Dembele not being able to play 2 games in a week, odd chance at full back) but I dont think too much rotation is needed

I hope we play the best team available for each game, I know people think we should rotate the team, but I believe you should only rest players who need a rest. Not a fan of looking at the games to come, think we should win the next game you play as you never know what's round the corner.

We can completely rotate the XI for West Ham in the league cup. For the other games, we can rotate our wing-backs. Dele will be suspended for Madrid, so we can use Son...or another midfielder if we want to be more defensive. Hopefully Dembele will be fit so we can play him in a couple of the games.

Our squad should be able to handle it imo. 7 wins, no problem :)
Hardly time to take a breath in that run

Back