• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next 9 League Games

I compiled the fixtures of the top three over each of their next 9 or 10 games (City have the CC final).

Comparing the fixtures of the top three until the end of March, you'd take Liverpool's schedule over City's or ours.

Feb.
9- Bournemouth
19- Bayern - CL16
24- @ ManU
27- Watford
Mar.
3- @ Everton
10- Burnley
13- @ Bayern - CL16
17- @ Fulham
31- Spurs

City
Feb.
6 - Everton
10- Chelsea
20- @ Schalke - CL16
24- Chelsea - CC Final Wembley
27- West Ham
Mar.
2- @ Bournemouth
9-Watford
12- Schalke - CL16
16- @ ManU
30- @ Fulham

Spurs
Feb.
10- Leicester
13- Dortmund - CL16
23- @ Burnley
27- @ Chelsea
Mar.
2- Arsenal
5- @ Dortmund - CL16
9- @ Southampton
17- Crystal Palace
31- @ Liverpool

We have a tough set here. Not one game I'd look at as easy. Only mildly mitigating factor would be that we play Chelsea 3 days after the Carabango Cup final against Emirates Marketing Project, two weeks after Chelsea's league game at City.

On the other hand, we host Arsenal in a tough stretch and they will come in off the comparative ease of two straight home games against Bournemouth and Southampton and an away game at Huddersfield.

Let's hope those encouraging video clips of Kane and Dele show them progressing nicely mean they'll be restored and ready to rejoin the squad for this demanding stretch.

Last edited:
Liverpool away to Everton and United are the key games for them? Surely Everton can pull themselves together for that one?!

I'm confident against Arsenal and Chelsea.

As I said earlier, playing Liverpool away could be a mouth watering setup..

If we continue to do well and pick up points, and Liverpool are lessthan convincing, that game could be huge. Its a big “if” though....

If results go our way, Arsenal game could be an opportunity to go top as it's an early kickoff.

Liverpool away to Everton and United are the key games for them? Surely Everton can pull themselves together for that one?!

I'm confident against Arsenal and Chelsea.

As I said earlier, playing Liverpool away could be a mouth watering setup..

Everton have such soft underbellies now you can't count on them for anything. Everton haven't beaten Liverpool in any competition since 2010. :p

Everton have such soft underbellies now you can't count on them for anything. Everton haven't beaten Liverpool in any competition since 2010. :p

After Bournemouth they are the softest team in the league, although West Ham surprised me yesterday.

Everton's record against the top 6 teams has been appalling for decades, their record under Moyes for his whole tenure was awful, didn't improve post. That said, if it was one game in a lifetime for them to get their brick together on, would be to potentially fudge up the cult of victims winning a PL title for the first time in decades .. surely any manager could make that happen.

After Bournemouth they are the softest team in the league, although West Ham surprised me yesterday.

Classic PL cliché that is true .. you really don't know what you get every game, most of even the worst teams turn up for a few games a season.

Tbf they came very close to getting a draw away to Liv, and that was when Liverpool were flying in the league.

Huge week coming up for us. Ge through these two games intact with hopefully two wins against Leicester and Dortmund (number one ranked team in Europe at the moment!) and then ten day break really allows us a chance to get Kane and maybe Alli back in the training regime with the rest of the squad.

Add to that an announcement of these test events and we could have a light at the end of the stadium tunnel which I genuinely believe will be a lift for us for the closing four home league games of the season.

It's on lads!

Huge week coming up for us. Ge through these two games intact with hopefully two wins against Leicester and Dortmund (number one ranked team in Europe at the moment!) and then ten day break really allows us a chance to get Kane and maybe Alli back in the training regime with the rest of the squad.

Add to that an announcement of these test events and we could have a light at the end of the stadium tunnel which I genuinely believe will be a lift for us for the closing four home league games of the season.

It's on lads!
Drew on the weekend and drew tonight but lost on penalties in the German cup.....having a wobble.

Sound familiar;)?

I compiled the fixtures of the top three over each of their next 9 or 10 games (City have the CC final).

Comparing the fixtures of the top three until the end of March, you'd take Liverpool's schedule over City's or ours.

Feb.
9- Bournemouth
19- Bayern - CL16
24- @ ManU
27- Watford
Mar.
3- @ Everton
10- Burnley
13- @ Bayern - CL16
17- @ Fulham
31- Spurs

City
Feb.
6 - Everton
10- Chelsea
20- @ Schalke - CL16
24- Chelsea - CC Final Wembley
27- West Ham
Mar.
2- @ Bournemouth
9-Watford
12- Schalke - CL16
16- @ ManU
30- @ Fulham

Spurs
Feb.
10- Leicester
13- Dortmund - CL16
23- @ Burnley
27- @ Chelsea
Mar.
2- Arsenal
5- @ Dortmund - CL16
9- @ Southampton
17- Crystal Palace
31- @ Liverpool

We have a tough set here. Not one game I'd look at as easy. Only mildly mitigating factor would be that we play Chelsea 3 days after the Carabango Cup final against Emirates Marketing Project, two weeks after Chelsea's league game at City.

On the other hand, we host Arsenal in a tough stretch and they will come in off the comparative ease of two straight home games against Bournemouth and Southampton and an away game at Huddersfield.

Let's hope those encouraging video clips of Kane and Dele show them progressing nicely mean they'll be restored and ready to rejoin the squad for this demanding stretch.

Liverpools fixtures are a rare thing to go in the clubs favour this season.

Whilst all the other top 6 clubs have had tough runs they havent.

I think they had United and City back to back but thats about it.

You'd think someone at the PL marketing office wanted them to win.

Somehow, I don't thing the global reaction to Leicester's title generated a lot of long term benefit. A Liverpool title would grab all sorts of eyeballs.

Without wanting to be a damp squid, Leicester at the weekend won't be easy at all given Kane and Dele are out. Personally I'm going to wait til they're back and then see is dreaming of winning the title makes sense

Without wanting to be a damp squid, Leicester at the weekend won't be easy at all given Kane and Dele are out. Personally I'm going to wait til they're back and then see is dreaming of winning the title makes sense

Isn't that part of the point of dreaming about it though? That it might not make total sense (although it is within the stretched realms of possibility), but it's fun and it's exciting and it's uplifting to let ourselves have that bit of hope and belief, even for a short while.
I understand the need for self-preservation against disappointment as well though. The bump back down to earth can be painful but I'd rather take those bruises than not have the dream.

(I do wish we weren't playing Leicester this weekend though!).

Isn't that part of the point of dreaming about it though? That it might not make total sense (although it is within the stretched realms of possibility), but it's fun and it's exciting and it's uplifting to let ourselves have that bit of hope and belief, even for a short while.
I understand the need for self-preservation against disappointment as well though. The bump back down to earth can be painful but I'd rather take those bruises than not have the dream.

(I do wish we weren't playing Leicester this weekend though!).
I think some on here dream of being disappointed and venting on an internet forum.

Back