• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Newbie Guide / Dedicated Site Apps / OMTs / Blogs - See first post

Re: Site contributors wanted / The 'Ask Scara A Question' Thread

They changed my avatar for a draw ffs! You have no chance..

I thought avatar punishments were only incurred for losses?

I demand explanation for remuneration for this enforced embarrassment.

A draw at home to Norwich???

Bring in a like/prop button :)

Can we please have England/GB stop winning at sports. I'm not enjoying Random so much these days because of it.

How do you search for old threads? I'm sure there was a Lee Child thread here a while ago. Thanks

Dear Scara,

Can you change the gg bookmark toolbar logo from the vBulletin logo to a badger or something?

Rossi x

Dear Scara,

Change my fudging avatar back...... please 8-[ :lol:

Or allow me to change it.

Many thanks.

The "Have we frittered away £30m" thread only works in Firefox, not IE.

In IE it comes up "No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator."

I've never had this happen before (and I've tried it on two different computers as well).

The "Have we frittered away £30m" thread only works in Firefox, not IE.

In IE it comes up "No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator."

I've never had this happen before (and I've tried it on two different computers as well).

Its the "£" character in the title, which is non-ASCI. Change it to %a3 and the thread comes up in IE.

Would it be possible to change the thread page numbers in forumdisplay from 1,2,3...51 to 1...49,50,51? I find you want to either start a thread from the beginning or pick up where you left off, or read the recent (last 3 pages) posts. Or maybe there's a reason for the way it is that I can't see. Anyway, many thanks in advance, or no probs if you can't.

Can we have less moaning about something that isn't a problem and instead discuss the things that threads are actually about?

I'm not moaning - simply raising a growing concern

Don't take this personally - but the fact of the matter is - topics are 90% of the time instantly killed once merged into an existing mega-thread. Considerable number of people browse on their mobiles anyway and can't go through pages of 'stuff' and if something 'interesting' occurs it is likely to be overlooked. Duplicating threads is another story all-together and is not the same thing, imv.

You are moaning. There is very little merging happening, except when a thread already exists.

Topics are killed by people either posting some stupid quip or going off topic with whatever the flavour of the month/week/day is. If a topic is interesting it will live a long and prosperous life, if it already exists in another thread it might possibly get merged.

You can always go to the latest posts in a thread, you do not have to read the whole thread and there's not that much activity here that things easily get lost. If someone misses something it's because they don't read the thread. And again, if people dropped all the pointless off topic posts, reading through a page or two does not take forever.

To those that feel a need to acknowledge every point raised in every thread, or try and pick holes in it to start something: You don't have to.

Topics are killed by people either posting some stupid quip or going off topic with whatever the flavour of the month/week/day is. If a topic is interesting it will live a long and prosperous life, if it already exists in another thread it might possibly get merged.

It is often not even given a chance, and that is the problem, imv. My BAE thread was intended as a tactical discussion on our back 4, envisaged rotation and depth/peferred starting players, etc. for the season. Instead was merged with some flimflam twitter posts and 'funny' pics. And on top of that you labelled me a WUM for it. As I said back then - if you don't find a topic interesting or one you tend to agree with, fair enough - but does not mean other users would.

Last edited:

It is often not even given a chance, and that is the problem, imv. My BAE thread was intended as a tactical discussion on our back 4, envisaged rotation and depth/peferred starting players, etc. for the season. Instead was merged with some flimflam twitter posts and 'funny' pics. And on top of that you labelled me a WUM for it. As I said back then - if you don't find a topic interesting or one you tend to agree with, fair enough - but does not mean other users would.

I called you a WUM because that's what you were doing. You didn't start a thread about our back 4 or our LB spot, you were making your usual points about BAE, who you for some reason have taken a dislike to.

A typical attention seeker will:

• To be interesting or get attention take on a strong viewpoint, preferably one that goes against popular opinion.
  • Even when shown to be wrong, can't change his mind or find common ground, as he must stick to his agenda
  • Boring and pointless debate ensues, where stubborn agenda-holder stands by his outdated opinion

Back