• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Stadium and Training Ground - Pg 104 Northumberland Park master plan

There would be no problem with moving the stands closer to the pitch by a row or two. And, yes, you'd probably get an extra 700 seats or so per row.

Sorry to contradict, but there would be a problem moving the stands closer to the pitch, as I understand it (I may be wrong on this) UEFA rules stipulate the closest seating to the pitch has to be a minimum of 8 meters, that is where we are now by moving any closer we would not be able to compete in UEFA competitions.

Sorry to contradict, but there would be a problem moving the stands closer to the pitch, as I understand it (I may be wrong on this) UEFA rules stipulate the closest seating to the pitch has to be a minimum of 8 meters, that is where we are now by moving any closer we would not be able to compete in UEFA competitions.

We would, just can't use those rows. I believe the stadium will be built to comply with whatever regulations exist from UEFA and FIFA to be eligible for European Cup finals and International matches.

That too would require a redesign of the roof. Also, it wouldn't add extra seats (unless leg room for each row was simultaneously reduced).

why would it effect the roof ?

my point was about the high wall that appears to be behind the last row of seats, wasn't really about extra seating. if you raise the gradient of the slope you can eliminate the height of that wall - raising the slope will naturally raise the back row and bring it forward a little, maybe even enough for an extra row of seating (or two)

we'd just have to cover the seating that infringes on the rules - we wouldn't not be allowed to enter

I think there must be an easy solution with some kind of temporary seating.

Minimum of 8 metres, are UEFA just on a mission to take the fun out of the game?

Dropping the single tier would be a mistake, but can;t see it happening. It is actually beneficial that there isn't corporates becuase it is vital we maintain and indeed build a strong atmosphere. The Emirates is a shocking ground for atmosphere, and so the emphasis has to be on creating an intimidating, loud, intense design. Sure there are compromises, but it can be done.

I think there must be an easy solution with some kind of temporary seating.

Minimum of 8 metres, are UEFA just on a mission to take the fun out of the game?

Have the field 4 metres below the seats and x metres away? so that the actual distance is a diagonal?

Have the field 4 metres below the seats and x metres away? so that the actual distance is a diagonal?

0506_schalke_arena_gr.jpg

Like this? Notice the guy standing in front of the stand. It's brick.

0506_schalke_arena_gr.jpg

Like this? Notice the guy standing in front of the stand. It's brick.

The bottom picture does look crap, but i reckon it could be done better, especially if it was the area below the fans that was used for the advertising boards.

Not true, fella.

Allianz Arena - venue of a World Cup semi final and Champions League final - has as little as 7 metres between the pitch and the stands. And the newly built Turk Telecom Arena - which, in addition to being Galatasaray's new home, was built very much with hosting a Euro Championships and Europa League finals in mind - has a little over 6 metres between the pitch and the stands. There may even be some new stadia with less than 6 metres, for all I know.

Therefore, I'd say that there is room for at least one more row closer to the pitch at the new WHL.

Last edited:
why would it effect the roof ?

my point was about the high wall that appears to be behind the last row of seats, wasn't really about extra seating. if you raise the gradient of the slope you can eliminate the height of that wall - raising the slope will naturally raise the back row and bring it forward a little, maybe even enough for an extra row of seating (or two)

In order to get rid of the empty space (or wall) behind the back row of seating, you would have to add extra rows of seating or, as you say, make the single tier end steeper. Both would result in the top row of seating being higher than it currently is. Agreed?

Problem. The rather large, underslung roof truss would severely restrict the view:

internal_bowl_new.jpg

Furthermore, as you can see if you look closely, incorporating the single tier end has required the engineers to add two further roof supports (in blue, by the OT of TOTTENHAM and the PU of HOTSPUR) that meet the main body of the stand just behind the current top row of seating. Without modifying the roof somewhat, the seating cannot go back any further.

I know it's been pointed out before but the team we're playing in that rendering above is not consistent with the image being displayed on the video screen.

:mrgreen:

Any chance we can stick the away fans at the back, 3,000 feet in the air like Saudi Sportswashing Machine do?

Shame about losing the other thread.

Hope your all looking forward to the new stadium as I am, thankfully we are nearing a point of turning this whole thing into reality.

Back