• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Stadium and Training Ground - Pg 104 Northumberland Park master plan

I agree on this. This single tier stand (which needs an epic name btw) will distinguish us from the norm. I imagine it as something like this but with....er...less Germans obviously.
1a1a1a12aa85.jpg

Don't tell me that every other club in the country won't be envious of this.

I agree with the notion that a single tier stand would be fantastic for Spurs. Our new stadium should be different to the other corporate bowls that are in existence. Please just consider this. Which of the larger stadiums has a fantastic atmosphere? Arsenal or Saudi Sportswashing Machine? The more we can do to ensure a better experience for the fans the better. The most important item, imho, is that we as fans decide where to sit. Our current atmosphere is great, and if we lose this because groups of supporters are spread, then we will have a soul-less stadium.

100% agreed with Jimmyb.

If the single tier stand is removed from the design (I don't think it will be, but I'll sleep easier if Spurs would confirm this) my enthusiasm for the new stadium will drop like a stone.

Without it our new ground just becomes another fairly dull, identikit modern stadium, hardly any different to The Emirates or Benfica's stadium. The single tier stand made us different, gave the ground character, and gave us a much better chance of actually having an ATMOSPHERE at our new stadium.

If we lose the single tier stand it would be an abysmal decision.

100% agreed with Jimmyb.

If the single tier stand is removed from the design (I don't think it will be, but I'll sleep easier if Spurs would confirm this) my enthusiasm for the new stadium will drop like a stone.

Without it our new ground just becomes another fairly dull, identikit modern stadium, hardly any different to The Emirates or Benfica's stadium. The single tier stand made us different, gave the ground character, and gave us a much better chance of actually having an ATMOSPHERE at our new stadium.

If we lose the single tier stand it would be an abysmal decision.

The single tier "Kop stand" is not going to be dropped in the new plans that will be submitted in the near future, but it will be altered from the design in the 56,250 version, so to sum up there will be a single tier "Kop stand" and the stadiums capacity will be around the 60,000 mark.

The single tier "Kop stand" is not going to be dropped in the new plans that will be submitted in the near future, but it will be altered from the design in the 56,250 version, so to sum up there will be a single tier "Kop stand" and the stadiums capacity will be around the 60,000 mark.

Would love this to be true but is this just your opinion, is it rumour or is it cast iron fact, fella? You seem to be somewhat itk on this subject.

Please, please can we not refer to a 'Kop' stand. It surely will be a single tier shelf. SHELF.

Like I said, I don't think it will be, but the rumours and speculation going around can make one a bit on edge when its something as important as a new stadium. Hopefully the updated plans and some nice new pictures to make our knickers wet will be released in the not too distant future!

I totally understand where you are coming from, but still don't agree with the single tier stand. Rather then having an identical emirates, I think they should have made a proper bowl shape, at the height of the highest stand all the way round - If you know what I mean.
I really do not like the dipping in the corners design at all.
Anyway whatever they do, we MUST have a 60K stadium, anything less is a big disappointment IMO.

Thanks.

At least I can agree with you about the dipping corners! Especially the fact that they are so extreme. Wouldn't mind if there had been a gentle, subtle curve, as there is at Allianz Arena or even Wembley.

But the Emiratesesque dipping corners at the proposed new WHL are just wrong. They emasculate the stadium; make it less of a bear pit; less intimidating. They're also a waste of space - a commodity that is already in short supply on the NDP site.

Like I said, I don't think it will be, but the rumours and speculation going around can make one a bit on edge when its something as important as a new stadium. Hopefully the updated plans and some nice new pictures to make our knickers wet will be released in the not too distant future!

Relief.....

Someone has posted on the skyscrapercity thread that an itk on COYS (who does actually have a good track record on stadium related issues) has said that the architects have made slight changes to the design of the southern end but that the single tier remains and that it is still "awesome".

Phew!

I'd like to see the 'Wall' end to be higher than the other end behind the goal giving it a totally different shape to that of a bowl. I have tried to explain it by this

stadion.jpg

I'd like to see the 'Wall' end to be higher than the other end behind the goal giving it a totally different shape to that of a bowl. I have tried to explain it by this

View attachment 182
I think that would look great. Every single side of the stadium / stand being a mirror image of the one opposite is dull. The differences between each of the stands at the current WHL are part of the character and charm of the place. If we had the single tier end looking bigger than the rest would definitely give a "don't mess with this end of the ground!" vibe :)

I realize that's just someone's mock up, but I hope the single tier will go all the way up. Having that big wall at the top looks weird. There's room for it at that end. Smaller apartment buildings if necessary.

I realize that's just someone's mock up, but I hope the single tier will go all the way up. Having that big wall at the top looks weird. There's room for it at that end. Smaller apartment buildings if necessary.

There is one major issue that would need addressing if the single tier end was to extend further up and back - they would have to redesign the roof. As it is, the roof trusses would mean severely restricted views from any added rows.

surely they could just make the stand steeper ?

That too would require a redesign of the roof. Also, it wouldn't add extra seats (unless leg room for each row was simultaneously reduced).

maybe, but didnt they put the pitch half a mile back from the goal? seem to recall on plans, we are currently a few feet back, moving to a few meters. wouldnt moving the fans closer to goal allow more seats? or would that mean roof redesign?

maybe, but didnt they put the pitch half a mile back from the goal? seem to recall on plans, we are currently a few feet back, moving to a few meters. wouldnt moving the fans closer to goal allow more seats? or would that mean roof redesign?

There would be no problem with moving the stands closer to the pitch by a row or two. And, yes, you'd probably get an extra 700 seats or so per row.

Back