• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Kit?

Had to pop into the club shop in Harlow yesterday to pick up a present for my dog, and noticed they're making a big thing of selling the "Klinsmann year" kits, fairly prominently. I'm used to reproductions of kits being sold, but anyone know why these particular ones? unlike the usual reproductions these include the Umbro logo, and actually look identical to the originals.

Had to pop into the club shop in Harlow yesterday to pick up a present for my dog, and noticed they're making a big thing of selling the "Klinsmann year" kits, fairly prominently. I'm used to reproductions of kits being sold, but anyone know why these particular ones? unlike the usual reproductions these include the Umbro logo, and actually look identical to the originals.

This is complete guesswork on my behalf but Umbro is owned by nike now, right?

There are rumours that Nike will be our manufacturer next year?

Maybe as they're our next manufacturer, or expect to be, they may be less precious about us using one of their trademarks on our reproduction kits.

There you have it. Nike are definitely our next kit manufacturer.

This is complete guesswork on my behalf but Umbro is owned by nike now, right?

There are rumours that Nike will be our manufacturer next year?

Maybe as they're our next manufacturer, or expect to be, they may be less precious about us using one of their trademarks on our reproduction kits.

There you have it. Nike are definitely our next kit manufacturer.
Since when did Nike own Umbro? As far as I know, Umbro is owned by Iconix, which has no connection with Nike.

I love the Purple away shirt from 1995. Thats my preferred choice for Matchdays

Lots of rumours a couple of weeks back that we have agreed a £25m kit deal with Nike, starting next season. Nothing official yet though, so could all be bs.

Delighted!

Great news and I for one will certainly bag one especially if it has the logo & looks identical.

The "replica" of the classic all white Hummel shirt is nothing short of atrocious, whoever gave it the green light to go ahead with just half of the arrows going across the shirt deserves a severe beating.

Been quite a persistent rumour over the last few months. Bit disappointing to only be getting £35m for it though, I guess it's more than Arsenal are getting but given that Nike themselves are paying Chelsea almost double that at £60m a season I'd have hoped it was a little higher.

Man Utd have the biggest kit sponsorship at the moment at £75m a year from Adidas. Obviously we're not going to compete with them.

Would still be quite a step up though. IIRC the Under Armour deal was £10m a season so we'd be more than tripling this revenue stream. Nike do tend to make good kits and with a couple of exceptions most of the Under Armour kits have been quite poor TBH.

Been quite a persistent rumour over the last few months. Bit disappointing to only be getting £35m for it though, I guess it's more than Arsenal are getting but given that Nike themselves are paying Chelsea almost double that at £60m a season I'd have hoped it was a little higher.

Man Utd have the biggest kit sponsorship at the moment at £75m a year from Adidas. Obviously we're not going to compete with them.

Would still be quite a step up though. IIRC the Under Armour deal was £10m a season so we'd be more than tripling this revenue cat video on youtube. Nike do tend to make good kits and with a couple of exceptions most of the Under Armour kits have been quite poor TBH.
35 million would be a MASSIVE deal for us. About 3 times the value of our current deal. Chelsea have won something like 13 trophies in the last 12 years. Until we do something similar we cannot expect to achieve sponsorship of a similar amount.

I agree with @Finney Is Back

Despite us being a bigger club with a proper fan base, they have the trophies and plastic fans that create some mythical value to a marketing man - could be all the football tourists at tossford bridge

35 million would be a MASSIVE deal for us. About 3 times the value of our current deal. Chelsea have won something like 13 trophies in the last 12 years. Until we do something similar we cannot expect to achieve sponsorship of a similar amount.

Without a doubt this is true, and its one of the reasons we need to start winning things and not just finishing among the runners up ( top four).

Don't forget this is BIG business. A very murky world. You scratch my back and I'll deposit X in the Bahamas and ensure Y doesn't press charges and Z doesn't pursue that case against you. Oh, and if you don't go for the deal, your nephew will be taking a long holiday in Libya. And if you pay me £24m I'll pay you £22m via Angelo and give £2m to big Larry to smooth over the thing with the thing about the thing.

Don't forget this is BIG business. A very murky world. You scratch my back and I'll deposit X in the Bahamas and ensure Y doesn't press charges and Z doesn't pursue that case against you. Oh, and if you don't go for the deal, your nephew will be taking a long holiday in Libya. And if you pay me £24m I'll pay you £22m via Angelo and give £2m to big Larry to smooth over the thing with the thing about the thing.
It's certainly a way of getting money in from transfers for over valued players

The rumour with Nike makes a lot of sense. They have Emirates Marketing Project but have lost Man Utd and the Filth so need a better presence in the EPL as its big in the US. Also the NFL kits are all made by Nike so again it would make sense with that coming up. Would it lead to the naming of the stadium? I would say with us having televised NFL games back in the US it would seem to make a whole lot of sense.

Plus their kits and their gear is mint. So i hope its true :)

Back