• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Kit?

Lots of silly brand A is better than brand B arguments in here. It's simply whoever offers the club the most money.

The only reason to prefer Nike is Kane is their new marquee name. They will want him to stay playing at a club with a Nike jersey.

If Levy can get 20 mill a season he would have done well. It won't be Puma, Adidas or Nike now imo. I wonder if Under Armour are willing to double their current deal.

From The Goat on SC, yesterday :
We've been informed that Nike have already signed a deal with Spurs that relates to both the kit and stadium rights. The value will "exceed what Emirates pay Arsenal".
Nike (and the NFL) are looking to re-strengthen their position in the UK football market, hence the other deals they are doing as well.

All 'ITK' at the moment, nothing else.

If we have been gazumped hopefully for once it ends up being win win for us i.e we get our demands met but all wait and see.

Agree with some, the merchandise bitter arguments is pointless. Although if we do keep UA they need to up their game, went into 3 stores in the states recently (Chicago, Minneapolis and Mall of America) and saw zilch with regards to Spurs.

Last edited:
So The Goat was right on this one....The Goat also said not long afterwards that a deal would be tied up for Michy Batshuayi after the French Cup final which was last Saturday.....

Chelsea getting more twice that. Barca have just signed on for 120 million a year.

They get their name on the stadium and we still get less than Chelsea? Now that's a bit of a joke.

Chelsea getting more twice that. Barca have just signed on for 120 million a year.

They get their name on the stadium and we still get less than Chelsea? Now that's a bit of a joke.

Yeah it is when you put it like that; i wonder if there's another detail on the deal not being announced just yet...

It isn't a joke at all.... £25 million a year for stadium naming rights is an absolutely HUGE deal! It would be one of the biggest stadium naming rights deals in the World (perhaps even the biggest?) It is at least twice the amount that I was expecting. To put in context it is about 5 times the size of the naming rights for the Olympic stadium in Stratford.

£25 million a year for shirt manufacturer is also very high for us. More than double the value of our UA deal. Ignore the figure Chelsea have received. Remember that in recent times they have won the Premiership and FA Cup multiple times and won the CL and Europa league. We cannot expect a deal similar to Chelsea's until we have for won several titles and competed in the Champions League regularly over a 5+ year period.

It isn't a joke at all.... £25 million a year for stadium naming rights is an absolutely HUGE deal! It would be one of the biggest stadium naming rights deals in the World (perhaps even the biggest?) It is at least twice the amount that I was expecting. To put in context it is about 5 times the size of the naming rights for the Olympic stadium in Stratford.

£25 million a year for shirt manufacturer is also very high for us. More than double the value of our UA deal. Ignore the figure Chelsea have received. Remember that in recent times they have won the Premiership and FA Cup multiple times and won the CL and Europa league. We cannot expect a deal similar to Chelsea's until we have for won several titles and competed in the Champions League regularly over a 5+ year period.

Thanks for that; makes me feel a whole lot better that's for sure:D

The times article suggests we are aiming to receive 25 mill a season for naming rights. I don't see anything that says a deal has been done with Nike or anyone else

Given the inflation rate for kit deals, 25 million is the least I'd expect. If it's Nike and they also get their name on the stadium, we become associated with them far more than Chelsea. When you think Reebok, you think Bolton (although it's now Macron). What has Chelsea got that's marketable at the moment? They're not in any European competition. Hazard is consistently underwhelming. Their most famous clams are all getting on, while we have the core of the England side and several high profile young stars from around the world. South Korea alone should be a gold mine if Son stays.

It's not that 50 million is that bad, but 60 million to Chelsea for the kits alone IS a joke.

Back