• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nabil Bentaleb

Re: Official Nabil Bentaleb Thread

please explain

Playing Bentaleb turned out to be a good thing. Not playing Capoue because he's never met him is a bad thing.

NBD got the right end result by failing to do something he should have done.

That's not a good decision, that's a bad decision lucking into the right result.

Playing Bentaleb turned out to be a good thing. Not playing Capoue because he's never met him is a bad thing.

That's not a good decision, that's a bad decision lucking into the right result.

or its a shot up the arze for those not putting it in!!!!! shape up or i play the kids!!!

I dont really want to **** him off, he did okay. I just think the huge praise is a little bizarre. As I said, I don't think the necessarily did anything wrong, bit didnt impose himself ask such as dembele did, sandro and Capone does, didn't get involved as much as holtbt etc etc. but we won, so it's good he got time, but i feel that sub, like the tactics as a whole, are ripe for being calamitous against better teams.

That sounds negative. You can only beat what's infront of you and all that, but I just get the feeling there was a dollop of luck and southampton below par in that. He made a huge mistake taking ade on for holtby against west ham and it cost us. For me this sub was as stupid but he got away with it

i see your point because i felt the same about lamela

i could have really used your help with lamela when he first started playing.

the thing about this kid isnt the very obvious visuals i think you may be looking for that would warrant the kind of praise he is getting,it just those little thing that makes a game seem easier for the player and harder for others

there has to be a youtube clip of everything he did in that game.......
you'll see passes around a crowded group of players,
making space for himself,
able to thread a pass between defenders,
a frequent use of the body feint to make space from a defender thats on his case and then that allows him to make a pass thats actually positive and progressive....
he seems to keep his head up and doesnt have as much tunnel vision...

although there was one time it made it seem like he has EXTREME tunnel vision

his passes show great technique as they seem to "mow the lawn"
he seems a bit tenacious and feisty / with fire in the spirit (not sure if that was for the occasion and cameras)

have to say though, i didnt remember much about his pass and move tendency. might have done it loads i just cant remember

"NBD"?

so what was the right decision? taking all factors into account. he has NOT met capoue (i dont think that is true AT ALL btw. Has he actually said that? "i have nEVER met capoue") .... whats the right decision now

also can i just confirm that something else, or maybe its the same thing, you are saying is that the bad decision is him NOT playing capoue FOR THE REASON of allegedly (according to you) not having met him

so the bad decision is actually the REASONfor NOT playing him

Last edited:

he played vs spam so i think they met.....key word he used was trust

Actually we're both wrong. NBD actually said that he knows Bentaleb more than he knows Capoue.

The answer to that problem is not to play Bentaleb, it's to get to know Capoue.

Actually we're both wrong. NBD actually said that he knows Bentaleb more than he knows Capoue.

The answer to that problem is not to play Bentaleb, it's to get to know Capoue.

he said 'in the heat of the battle I need someone I can trust' or something along those lines..... what this essesntially does is give the youth hope and a determination to work hard knowing they will get their chances......It also tells the senior players to work hard because the kids are good enough to take your place...

I agree he needs to get to know Capoue.....and how he handles the foreign contingent (seven signings) is key to us having a good 2nd half of the season.

"NBD"?

so what was the right decision? taking all factors into account. he has NOT met capoue (i dont think that is true AT ALL btw. Has he actually said that? "i have nEVER met capoue") .... whats the right decision now

NBD = nice but dim. Like calling your fat friend tiny, he's not very nice and I'm hoping he's not as dim as he seems.

The right decision is to meet the first team players and get to know them before dropping them.

And you're right, he had met Capoue, just knew Bentaleb better apparently.

He needs to get to know the first team players before he drops them.

What kind of meritocracy does it create when a player can just take your place because the manager knows him?

and if he doesnt have enough time to know them well enough? what with preparation in just a few days space and what must be a mountain of problems and issues behind the scenes

he said 'in the heat of the battle I need someone I can trust' or something along those lines..... what this essesntially does is give the youth hope and a determination to work hard knowing they will get their chances......It also tells the senior players to work hard because the kids are good enough to take your place...

I agree he needs to get to know Capoue.....and how he handles the foreign contingent (seven signings) is key to us having a good 2nd half of the season.

The problem is, he needs to know the first team players before he starts dropping them.

What kind of meritocracy is it where a player can take your place just because he knows the manager?

What kind of meritocracy does it create when he puts in players he will have seen play in their real position in an actual match only once or twice based only on name and price paid?

He had what? 5 days to watch him train. I'm assuming he watched him yesterday. He'll be watching him train as well. I'm going to assume that this won't be a long term thing but in that situation, he had seen Bentaleb far more then he had seen Capoue (which makes perfect sense).

What kind of meritocracy does it create when he puts in players he will have seen play in their real position in an actual match only once or twice based only on name and price paid?

He had what? 5 days to watch him train. I'm assuming he watched him yesterday. He'll be watching him train as well. I'm going to assume that this won't be a long term thing but in that situation, he had seen Bentaleb far more then he had seen Capoue (which makes perfect sense).

this

i'm still waiting on a response to hear scara say that if he was in charge he would have played an unknown quantity in a scenario that was important to him....while ignoring the asset he has assessed time and time again in the past and trusts

NBD = nice but dim. Like calling your fat friend tiny, he's not very nice and I'm hoping he's not as dim as he seems

:lol: :ross:

do you know what i like about you scara? and Gutter boy to boot...

you are both RAW and honest guys that are not afraid to put an opinion out there and state your mind, even when it sounds crazy, the fact its coming from intelligent people just makes it all the better read......proper throw back to how the board used to be and people never took things personal

please please please dont change, not all of us have the luxury of doing that anymore but it makes good and interesting reading

The problem is, he needs to know the first team players before he starts dropping them.

What kind of meritocracy is it where a player can take your place just because he knows the manager?

hmmmm at the end of the day.....its down to Capoue how to react from this......either sulk or work your nuts off to show timmy your qualities....

Its obvious you dont like timmy.....and your dislike is affecting your judgment.....was it really such a poor decision??? the proof was in the pudding and it tasted fine.

and if he doesnt have enough time to know them well enough? what with preparation in just a few days space and what must be a mountain of problems and issues behind the scenes

Sorry, I quoted the wrong post - see my edited answer to your post above.

If there isn't enough time to do the ground work then you can't just drop a player without enough information.

Capoue had already earned that place in the squad - don't you think that most players would feel hard done by to lose that place to someone because the boss knows them better?

Sorry, I quoted the wrong post - see my edited answer to your post above.

If there isn't enough time to do the ground work then you can't just drop a player without enough information.

no thats fine, i sort of guessed that anyway

so, back to the point......

but you can trust them and play them in a game of extreme importance without knowing them?

this

i'm still waiting on a response to hear scara say that if he was in charge he would have played an unknown quantity in a scenario that was important to him....while ignoring the asset he has assessed time and time again in the past and trusts

It's not about putting in a player - if you listen to any player talk they'll treat a squad place as their to lose and if they perform, they don't expect to lose it.

Until NBD knows more about Capoue I think Capoue has every reason to feel hard done by.

Back