• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

"Must win" games. You can choose 3.

Well, I very pleased to see Spurs win the first two of the three must win games I've chosen. Great timing, as various results elsewhere have begun to slow the top clubs advance and tighten everything up. Out of the top five, we've clearly got the least amount of pressure to cope with.

Gritty win over Everton, swashbuckler over Saudi Sportswashing Machine - and we didn't even play our best attackers. Great lift for the players as we begin to mix Europa play into the fixtures. The possibilities, my friends, are all there for us.

We have only played 1 of my 3 so far (Everton) but got the 3 points.
Not sure now whether or not me picking West Ham (A) over Arsenal (H) was the best idea now they are dropping points but that game will still be important.

The 3 game run in March are the key 3 games - Arsenal (h), Southampton (h) and Liverpool (a). The week before we have Chelsea whilst Liverpool entertain Sunderland and Everton are away to Saudi Sportswashing Machine. A win against Arsenal will be such a shot in the arm and should be followed with a win against Southampton which then takes us to Liverpool and a real grudge match where we are likely to be close to Liverpool in points and possibly Everton/Man Utd as well.

7-9 Points in that 3 game spell can really give us a chance against the odds to get into 4th spot. Our last 6 games are tailored to our needs really with West Brom, West Ham and Stoke away. They will come at us in all those games and we have every chance of getting 9 points from that and the last 3 home games aren't bad either with Sunderland, Villa and Fulham.

I wouldn't swap our final 6 for what Man U, Liverpool and especially Everton have.

Still think it is the three I have mentioned. We are putting ourselves in a position now where those 3 games really are key. Arsenal speaks for itself in terms of what it means as much as the 3 points, follow it up with a win against Southampton and we really are on Liverpool's radar. If they fail to beat us at Anfield and we have taken 6 points from the other 2 games then they could be in trouble with our run in.

Had we not won both the Everton and Saudi Sportswashing Machine games, we'd be toast.

For argument's sake, let's say we played to expectations and earned two draws. We'd be sat on 46 points, one up on an Everton side most observers feel are truly out of the top-4 running, and seven points behind a rampant Liverpool.

Those two wins have restored us nicely after an ugly loss to ManCity and a tricky draw at Hull. Without them, we wouldn't be looking up the table with hours of productive speculation ahead of us in the coming weeks.

We'd be cleaning our golf clubs and seeing who wants to use the season tickets.

All 12 remaining games. Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool will be the most costly as they give an advantage to a rival.

until we beat Arsenal I'm not thinking we're going to catch them. Keep thinking at best we'll draw that game annoyingly.

Liverpool away is by far the biggest game left... anything but a win and we wont finish 4th (fingers crossed for TS to put to bed that he is **** and AVB is GHod \o/ )

Scum at home and West Ham away to end our season with some pride

Liverpool away is by far the biggest game left... anything but a win and we wont finish 4th (fingers crossed for TS to put to bed that he is **** and AVB is GHod \o/ )

Scum at home and West Ham away to end our season with some pride

I disagree. I think even if Liverpool beat us, if that doesn't put them more than 6 points clear then it is going right to the wire. Our last 6 games are favourable by comparison to theirs. City and Chelsea at home, Palace and West Ham away in their last 6 which will be difficult. The only matches im virtually certain they will win in their last 6 is Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home and Norwich away.

If we win our home games plus the game against Norwich leading upto the game at Anfield then regardless of what goes on in that game, it is going to the final day.

Our last three away games are West Brom, Stoke and West Ham, Libero. Hardly walks in the park. WBA have drawn their last three at home against Everton, Liverpool and Chelsea. Stoke have only lost twice at the Brit all season (only other top seven team still to visit there with us is Arsenal). West Ham have got our number it seems. So they are all tricky games. The way I see it, we're going to have to beat both Arsenal and Liverpool to finish in the top four.

I'm still pessimistic about our chances, I think the four sides above us are superior but we're in a good position incase any slip up. Right now I feel Arsenal are the most likely to do so, they rely on one striker and he is jaded, as well as scoring only 3 goals in his last 14, their superstar is off the boil. If we catch them and overtake them I will run the length of White Hart Lane in my undies.

If we ever take Arsenal over from now to the end of the season, I think I'd cry of laughter in the face of every **** Arsenal fan.

Arsenal,Chelsea,Liverpool. Win 2 out of 3, get the other games done and win the league. If you dream, at least dream big.

I've kept my powder dry on this so far, so now I'm going for IulianSteaua's choices above. Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool. Win all three through Tim's luck of the Irish, and storm into the sunny uplands of the CL once more. :)

Back