• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

"Must win" games. You can choose 3.

Pirate55

The Last Man Standing 17/18
Whilst I am not a big fan of the term "must win" as I would ideally like our beloved Spurs to win all their games, I am a realist to know this isn't going to happen. If you were asked which three PL games you would most like us to win between now and the end of the season, which would they be. For me, in order of importance:

1. Liverpool away. I think this could be possibly the pivotal game of the season in the chase for CL.

2. Arsenal home. Enough said

3. Chelsea away. Would be fantastic to do them at last on their own patch. Otherwise, Everton at home to hopefully put their CL bid to bed.

What's yours?

1. Liverpool (A) Could be the result that seperates us at the end of the day, as there is no chance of us catching them on goal difference.
2. Everton (H) Our other direct competitor for top four.
3. West Ham (A) These bar stewards will be looking to ruin our season and are going to be up for it. We win, keep our momentum and hopefully nudge them towards the drop

Wow great idea Pirate55 and made me think. I always consider Arsenal a must win. But being realistic about top 4, surely it should be the following?

Liverpool A - competition for 4th
Everton H - competition for 4th
West Ham A - momentum needed in final push

Nah, stuff it, the game is about glory and being top dogs in London. So I'll tweak your criteria just a little bit and go for

Woolwich A
Stratford A
Europa League Final N

Liverpool (A) - Could be the Emirates Marketing Project game from 2010.
Arsenal (H) - March is a hard month, a win in this game can push us on to glory as well as dent Arsenals hopes.
West Ham (A) - Penultimate game. Could be relegation battle for them and a push for fourth for us, the game gets more important by the week.

Emirates Marketing Project at home, Arsenal at home, Liverpool away.

Want to thrash Emirates Marketing Project & Liverpool, as retribution acts.

I'd be happy with six points in our games against the top four, three draws and a win against Arsenal

Relegating West Ham would be a laugh too.

Liverpool (a) - one of our three rivals for 4th place
Everton (h) - one of our three rivals for 4th place
Chelsea (a) - given we've already played our other main rival for 4th (Man U) twice, Cheatski away is the toughest other game we have left and therefore game we're less likely to get anything from

Whilst I am not a big fan of the term "must win" as I would ideally like our beloved Spurs to win all their games, I am a realist to know this isn't going to happen. If you were asked which three PL games you would most like us to win between now and the end of the season, which would they be. For me, in order of importance:

1. Liverpool away. I think this could be possibly the pivotal game of the season in the chase for CL.

2. Arsenal home. Enough said

3. Chelsea away. Would be fantastic to do them at last on their own patch. Otherwise, Everton at home to hopefully put their CL bid to bed.

What's yours?

Hard to disagree with this. Those results would mean anything is possible and the teams confidence would be sky high

"Must win" - games we must win to reach our goals.

Whatever games we play when losing or drawing would hurt our chances of reaching those goals either completely or significantly. So most likely to be games in the last rounds of the fixture list.

Either that or the 3 easiest games. There are easy and hard points to pick up, but if we can't pick up the easy points we will make it a lot harder for ourselves and significantly hurt our chances. So, the 3 home games against the worst teams that are left to play.

1] Arsenal home - Goes without saying. Beating those ****s as revenge for the two earlier defeats, a dent in their title hopes and general satisfaction makes it the most must-win, simples...

2] Chelsea away - unlikely but if we were somehow the team that ended that media ***** Mourinho's unbeaten league record at Stamford Bridge I'd masturbate in to my missus' dinner. Plus their fans are giant ****s.

3] Liverpool away or Everton home - equally important games. More important is that we don't lose them. Forget Man Utd, to get 4th we'll have to finish above the two scousers.

Emirates Marketing Project (H) - Revenge; plus puts TS in the 'can go up against the Top 4 big-boys mould'

Liverpool (A) - Even if we eventually miss out on Fourth, a win would here would shrink their loud egos at least for a while. Oh and it could count towards actually getting fourth..

Arsenal (H) - no need to elaborate

Pool (A) is the one, +2 of the **** teams at home.

If we win all the games we should, grab a couple of draws against the big boys and win the Pool game, would be enough for 4th.

The 3 game run in March are the key 3 games - Arsenal (h), Southampton (h) and Liverpool (a). The week before we have Chelsea whilst Liverpool entertain Sunderland and Everton are away to Saudi Sportswashing Machine. A win against Arsenal will be such a shot in the arm and should be followed with a win against Southampton which then takes us to Liverpool and a real grudge match where we are likely to be close to Liverpool in points and possibly Everton/Man Utd as well.

7-9 Points in that 3 game spell can really give us a chance against the odds to get into 4th spot. Our last 6 games are tailored to our needs really with West Brom, West Ham and Stoke away. They will come at us in all those games and we have every chance of getting 9 points from that and the last 3 home games aren't bad either with Sunderland, Villa and Fulham.

I wouldn't swap our final 6 for what Man U, Liverpool and especially Everton have.

Back