• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Re: Erik Lamela - Official

but hope he will make us forget about Bale. To do that, he needs to score consistently and score many wonder goals. Good luck to him.

Haha, 19 year old kid - talk about pressure! I don't think we should expect a like for like Bale-replacement exactly.

Really liked what I saw, however brief. One take on his chest was beautiful, and he chased down a lost cause near the end and presented Walker a good crossing opportunity. I have no doubt this lad is as good as reports suggest, certainly in a technical sense. Really would love to see him playing No. 10, despite being on the right today.

When he got the ball in the box, cut in onto his right foot, I just kept thinking of the youtube video of him doing that and smashing it tops. Shame the shot was a bit tame in the end. Can't wait until he's starter and causing problems for Prem defences.

Tough start, but did good given the circumstances. I saw enough talent there to be excited to see him play more for us. Think he will do well.

good to see that video - was at the game but didn't really have a good view being so low down near the front.

Really looking forward to him getting a run of games.

He looks a very unselfish player, looking to set people up. Just 21. His whole playing career in front of him. He can become anything he wants to be. Has the - not all that raw - talent.

Was thinking about starting a thread about 'inverted wingers'. Wingers who are comfortable with the ball on their inside foot. Chadli on the left cutting in onto his right foot, and Townsend and Lamela on the right cutting onto their left foot. In the clip above, Lamela receives the ball on the right of the box in a little space. A naturally right footed player would take the ball on to the by line and cross it in, or get the shot away first time. Instead he has an amazing touch to wrong foot two defenders, but doesn't quite get a clean shot away.

Having mobile full backs looks like AVBs ploy, the wingers cut in, the non-inverted full backs provide the width. But does it work?

In that last 5 mins at the Emirates, how often did Walker fail to beat the first man. Really disappointing.

That's one of the draw backs of an inverted winger. By the time the ball gets to the by line ready to be crossed, the moment has gone and the cross is forced. The full back has to be everywhere, ready to join the attack and not slow down the move, as well as defend.

The way he strokes that free kick is so South American and sexy, even if it was only 20 yards. Looks pretty left footed, which is also noticeable in his goals last season, none of which were with his right iirc. But one thing I hadn't really noticed before now is his speed. Definitely looks pacey for a big guy from Sunday's clips.

Looking at his technique, height, speed, straight back and how he's one of those head-up players, he just looks like he belongs in the middle to me. Like a really good, more advanced and hopefully more creative Michael Carrick.

If he's out on the right cutting in all the time, that might get predictable. But in the middle with Eriksen on one side, Lennon on the other (and in fact all 3 of them can switch positions in-game), with Soldado dropping back to interplay now and then (as seen in the clip above on one occasion), supported by Paulinho coming up from the back and the FB's too, and then adding in Holtby, Chadli and Siggy somewhere to mix it up as starters or subs...I think all that makes sense in terms of the creativity problems we've been having.

Really looking forward to him getting a run of games.

He looks a very unselfish player, looking to set people up. Just 21. His whole playing career in front of him. He can become anything he wants to be. Has the - not all that raw - talent.

Was thinking about starting a thread about 'inverted wingers'. Wingers who are comfortable with the ball on their inside foot. Chadli on the left cutting in onto his right foot, and Townsend and Lamela on the right cutting onto their left foot. In the clip above, Lamela receives the ball on the right of the box in a little space. A naturally right footed player would take the ball on to the by line and cross it in, or get the shot away first time. Instead he has an amazing touch to wrong foot two defenders, but doesn't quite get a clean shot away.

Having mobile full backs looks like AVBs ploy, the wingers cut in, the non-inverted full backs provide the width. But does it work?

A Real Madrid player...? :-k

To be fair, when Defoe played that chipped ball to him (great creative play by Defoe btw) he should have played it back to him for a free shot.

Only 7 pages in Lamela's official thread ? And there is not much news about him in the media as well. It seems people are still not excited about him yet. Hope he will soon prove his worth and show us why we paid 30m for him.

Only 7 pages in Lamela's official thread ? And there is not much news about him in the media as well. It seems people are still not excited about him yet. Hope he will soon prove his worth and show us why we paid 30m for him.
with Ozil taking the spotlight it may work to his advantage - less pressure/focus

Back