• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Because we have an injury crisis with our front line and yet we continue to carry injury prone players that aren’t worth carrying. If they were freaks like Ledley King was then I’d be all for keeping players like Lamela around. We really don’t help ourselves at times. After 7 years his injury record is still patchy at best but some get collective amnesia and forget that he plays well for a few games then gets injured again. It’s just pointless carrying players that can’t get on the field regularly, sorry.

No they don't. Everyone recognises that he has an appalling injury record. Some also recognise that he's a good player and useful when fit.

Why not try and talk about the game rather than dig out other posters all the time? I'm sure that we'd all get more out of it.

I still think you could sell him, Dier and Wanyama and get £50/£60m combined which is Werner if a big chunk of Sancho money

The chances of us getting Sancho was really, really low. Granted he'd be ideal for us however (i) there will be many other clubs going in for him (you could make a case for any of Man U, Ma C, Arse, Cheatski, Liverpool etc, Baca, Real, PSG, some italians etc) and (ii) its difficult to see us spending cash on him when we need to spend £80m - £100m on a RB, CB and CF.

The chances of us getting Sancho was really, really low. Granted he'd be ideal for us however (i) there will be many other clubs going in for him (you could make a case for any of Man U, Ma C, Arse, Cheatski, Liverpool etc, Baca, Real, PSG, some italians etc) and (ii) its difficult to see us spending cash on him when we need to spend £80m - £100m on a RB, CB and CF.
Lad wants London and Chelsea are favourites
We’re ahead of Chelsea in everything now and could still be in the league table
Comes down to if we want him of course

He is a talented player ( not as good or as bad as some fans say though), the problem is as we all know he is made of glass and because on that we can not relie on him to be a regular player for us. Now the way i see it is that i expect Jose to bring in a couple of players in the summer and we may have to cut a few players lose, would we get a decent sum from him? is the real question, if so then i would not be surprised to see him moved on.

The worst, most frustrating thing is that he really is a Jose player, one that if he can stay fit I would expect Jose to get the most out of.
That is a big if though.

he's been an everyone player, he's played when fit his entire career
But I think Jose will understand and use him better than anybody. Jose can bring the absolute best in him, talent and brikhhousery. If anyone is going to respond to Jose it's lamela.

But I think Jose will understand and use him better than anybody. Jose can bring the absolute best in him, talent and brikhhousery. If anyone is going to respond to Jose it's lamela.

I agree, but because Jose is the best manager he's worked with, I'd expect to see new levels from all of our players.

Loved the obligatory put some afters on a RB player ..

Right attitude, good skill, linked well with GLC and N'dombele, lifted pace of game

Ohh .. the if he only wasn't made of glass ..

What he brings in terms of intensity and effort really is rare, even in a hard working team like ours. Seems to be able to lift the players around him in that regard as well. Can be a real game changer, and for me he should always be in with a shout to start big games in particular.

Such a shame about his injury problems. Feels like this summer might be the end of the line for him for that very reason. For now I'm very happy to have him here, great option.

Yeah, but rarely impacts the game enough when playing from the start. Maybe his role for us is as a high energy impact sub when we need some gee-ing up? can you find space on the bench for a player like that?

can you find space on the bench for a game changer? Of course.

It is not a coincidence that Lamela
a) Plays like a maniac when he comes on for the last 30 minutes
b) Plays more conservative when starting, trying to last 90 minutes
c) Gets injured a lot and sprints around like a banjaxed Tasmanian Devil; lunging and flying around like a 12 year old

We need him till the summer though
I still think you could sell him, Dier and Wanyama and get £50/£60m combined which is Werner if a big chunk of Sancho money
We will get nothing for Wanyama. We need to hope that we can find a club that will take him on a free and match his wages.

Getting £50 million combined for Dier and Lamela will be a challenge I think. I would love to be surprised though. I agree with you that all three shouldn't be in our squad next season however.

He'll be injured for a third of the season and coming back from injury for another third. I don't think that Mourinho will want a player around who is available so rarely.... especially when they're clogging up an overseas player spot

It is not a coincidence that Lamela
a) Plays like a maniac when he comes on for the last 30 minutes
b) Plays more conservative when starting, trying to last 90 minutes
c) Gets injured a lot and sprints around like a banjaxed Tasmanian Devil; lunging and flying around like a 12 year old
He never gets injured in a game
I can’t remember him ever going off injured

Back