• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

nice kid, gives all. hope he goes back to roma where the less demanding league may mean he plays more often and become a legend for them.

27-Year-Old Attacker Linked With Move Away From Tottenham Hotspur

Follow @insidefutbol

Erik Lamela’s future at Tottenham Hotspur is a source of speculation as he has been linked with potentially moving on from the north London club in the winter transfer window, according to The Athletic.

The 27-year-old winger has been enduring another injury-stricken season and only recently returned to the squad following recovering from a hamstring problem.

He came on for a cameo in Tottenham’s 2-2 draw at Norwich City last weekend, but the jury is out on whether he will be able to earn a sustained run of games due to his injury problems.

Tottenham have seen Lamela miss significant game time due to injury issues and could decide to cash in if an offer arrives in January.

The winger is being linked with a move away from the north London giants, but it remains to be seen who his takers might be.

Lamela's stock remains high in Italy, where he turned out for Roma before his move to Tottenham.

The Argentina international is due to turn 28 years old in March, but injury issues mean it is unclear whether he will be able to stay fit enough to perform consistently at his peak.

Tottenham signed the winger from Serie A giants Roma and he has made 201 appearances for the club over the last six-and-a-half seasons.

Will be disappointed but won't be surprised if we do sell Lamela soon. Amazingly, Lamela is now in his 7th season with us, which is unthinkable for most Spurs players. He has now played under 4 managers at Spurs and is one of the longest serving current players along with Eriksen, Lloris and Vertonghen. Too bad he has been struggling with injuries since joining us. But really think Mourinho can improve his fitness and make use of his work rate and creativity more.

People, people, people. Stop. Just stop.

The Athletic article about Lamela up for grabs is written by none other than Charles Eccleshare, one of the Arseletic's resident gooner gits who has been handed the Spurs beat by his Arse-loving editor. It's nothing more than a massive tinkle-take to get us all alarmed.

Re the title, since when did Erik qualify as a surgeon or an American lawyer?

i suppose he has had enough time on his hands ................

The Athletic article about Lamela up for grabs is written by none other than Charles Eccleshare, one of the Arseletic's resident gooner gits who has been handed the Spurs beat by his Arse-loving editor. It's nothing more than a massive tinkle-take to get us all alarmed.

If you’re a Woolwich-loving journalist with a mission to alarm and wind up Spurs fans, then ‘injury-blighted-player-might-possibly-be-sold” probably isn’t the story that’s going to send us all into meltdown.

Why, how would it alarm us to sell someone who has spent the equivalent of 3-4 full seasons out injured in his 7 seasons here?

I'll repeat what I said earlier in this thread. I was insanely excited when we bought Lamela and thought we were buying one of the most exciting talents in world football. He has unfortunately not come through, partly because of the horrible injury record he has.

Unfortunately, despite some of the strange obsessions with him on this board, he is not good enough to warrant us carrying him in the squad (ie if he was Messi/Ronaldo) or us brick enough (like when we had King). If we can get a fee for him, amazing. And I hope for his sake it is to a slower league where he sustains less of these injuries.

Why, how would it alarm us to sell someone who has spent the equivalent of 3-4 full seasons out injured in his 7 seasons here?

I'll repeat what I said earlier in this thread. I was insanely excited when we bought Lamela and thought we were buying one of the most exciting talents in world football. He has unfortunately not come through, partly because of the horrible injury record he has.

Unfortunately, despite some of the strange obsessions with him on this board, he is not good enough to warrant us carrying him in the squad (ie if he was Messi/Ronaldo) or us brick enough (like when we had King). If we can get a fee for him, amazing. And I hope for his sake it is to a slower league where he sustains less of these injuries.

Having said all of that he could be one of the first names on the team sheet before long.

Having said all of that he could be one of the first names on the team sheet before long.

And then very shortly after that off the team sheet because he is back in the treatment room...

Thats why I dont think he will ever be more than a squad player for us. And I wouldnt be at all surprised if we decided he isnt really reliable for that either, and opt to sell him on (assuming interest).

Last edited:
Instead of after the game saying Lamela looked good when he came on in the second half, that he was the only one that had some fight about them, I would start him.

Instead of after the game saying Lamela looked good when he came on in the second half, that he was the only one that had some fight about them, I would start him.

Exactly. Lamela should be starting our matches to inspire us from the start, not come on in the second half when the game is already lost. He is the only player who never goes missing in any matches, always getting himself involved and standing up to be counted. He may be injury-prone but a half-fit Lamela is still better than most of our fully-fit players !

Exactly. Lamela should be starting our matches to inspire us from the start, not come on in the second half when the game is already lost. He is the only player who never goes missing in any matches, always getting himself involved and standing up to be counted. He may be injury-prone but a half-fit Lamela is still better than most of our fully-fit players !
His winning mentality is 2nd to none but the problem with Lamela is that he’s only half fit for about half a season and whenever Erik manages a run of games and looks to be approaching 100% match sharpness he gets injured again!

His winning meteorology is 2nd to none but the problem with Lamela is that he’s only half fit for about half a season and whenever Erik manages a run of games and looks to be approaching 400% match sharpness he gets injured again!

Maybe so, but he is fit today so he should start

Back