• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Stats don't tell the whole story, never have, never will.

Lamela is more than a water carrier. If Kane had converted the chances lamela had set up for him this season then we wouldn't be in this position.
Two weeks ago he was spoken of as our best player this season!

That’s your opinion
For me and my mates he is limited as he takes way way too many touches and can’t use his right foot

He isn’t a bad player by any means but he really isn’t good enough to start at a top side

He isn’t the problem right now but having players like him and sissoko as certain starters shows how we have fallen

That’s your opinion
For me and my mates he is limited as he takes way way too many touches and can’t use his right foot

He isn’t a bad player by any means but he really isn’t good enough to start at a top side

He isn’t the problem right now but having players like him and sissoko as certain starters shows how we have fallen

Certain starter! How many has he started in the last three games?
Need to win games by the way, games were our star players have started, and how did they go again?

Eriksens stats in what was supposedly a poor season last season were the best in the league
I think the rumours of his demise last season were greatly exaggerate
d

But as I said earlier the way we play we suffer when 20% of our team are their cos their water carriers

I agree, he had 10 goals and 17 assists ( overall) last season but according to some he was poor. The mind boggles. :rolleyes:

Certain starter! How many has he started in the last three games?
Need to win games by the way, games were our star players have started, and how did they go again?

He has started more games than Dele, Moura and eriksen hasn’t he?

We haven’t played a game this season (IIRC) where we have played our strongest formation and strongest team

We had an identity and that’s been lost

Let me flip it round.... if you was to ask rival fans who they would want from our attacking group I guarantee he would be the last in the list. It’s not because he is poor it’s because he just doesn’t stand out.

He has started more games than Dele, Moura and eriksen hasn’t he?

We haven’t played a game this season (IIRC) where we have played our strongest formation and strongest team

We had an identity and that’s been lost

Let me flip it round.... if you was to ask rival fans who they would want from our attacking group I guarantee he would be the last in the list. It’s not because he is poor it’s because he just doesn’t stand out.

Cherry picking stats.
The last three games he's been dropped, yet widely stated as our best player this season, which wouldn't be difficult,or say that he's been all that good. And then dropped. So not a certain starter as you claim.
Let me make this clear, again, this isn't about lamela, it's about what's wrong at the club and lamela is a side figure. the problems aren't hete, they go deeper and stronger than that.
Why no one wants to admit discuss that baffles me.

Cherry picking stats.
The last three games he's been dropped, yet widely stated as our best player this season, which wouldn't be difficult,or say that he's been all that good. And then dropped. So not a certain starter as you claim.
Let me make this clear, again, this isn't about lamela, it's about what's wrong at the club and lamela is a side figure. the problems aren't hete, they go deeper and stronger than that.
Why no one wants to admit discuss that baffles me.

Has anyone argued against that?
And maybe he was dropped off tactical reasons (European refs drop yellow cards for any foul for example). Maybe Poch wanted to give dele some minutes too

And what stats have been cherry picked as I’m lost... I did highlight that even in what was deemed a poor seasons erisken still did his job well enough to achieve best in the league stats for his position.

Has anyone argued against that?
And maybe he was dropped off tactical reasons (European refs drop yellow cards for any foul for example). Maybe Poch wanted to give dele some minutes too

And what stats have been cherry picked as I’m lost... I did highlight that even in what was deemed a poor seasons Eriksen-sen-sen still did his job well enough to achieve best in the league stats for his position.

I specifically said starts in the last three games, you widened it to the season to.
You include Dele, who not bee n mentioned at and is returning from injury.
Stats don't tell a full story. An opinion @parklane1 is forever reminding us, except when it comes to eriksen.

I specifically said starts in the last three games, you widened it to the season to.
Stats don't tell a full story. An opinion @parklane1 is forever reminding us, except when it comes to eriksen.
In the last 3 games we had a hard fought win and he contributed to that when he came on a and played well
A shocking defeat that came from some odd tactical calls brining on every attacker we had
And arguably the worst performance ever under Poch yesterday and he started in that game

You are right of course stats do not always tell the full story ( so many are just bumf), but the stats i quoted above are actually correct and they do tell the story of what Eriksen did last season, so not sure what point you are trying to make with that one at all.:confused:

In the last 3 games we had a hard fought win and he contributed to that when he came on a and played well
A shocking defeat that came from some odd tactical calls brining on every attacker we had
And arguably the worst performance ever under Poch yesterday and he started in that game

Ok last time here,
This isn't about lamela.
MOTD, which I don't watch because it's brick and they talk brick, was quoted on here as slating lamela for the first goal. They are 100% correct on that. No argument.
My argument is we have been conceding goals like that for along time wether lamela was on the pitch or not.
Why start picking up on this now?
Why start on lamela, when it happens with whatever combination we have out there?
I'm not for a moment saying it's a conspiracy against lamela btw.
What I am saying is that pointing that finger now against one player (and it could be any player) is missing an elephant in the room.
We have a problem whoever is playing.
It goes much much deeper than one player and if the focus is on that narrow a target then we won't solve it.

You are right of course stats do not always tell the full story ( so many are just bumf), but the stats i quoted above are actually correct and they do tell the story of what Eriksen did last season, so not sure what point you are trying to make with that one at all.:confused:

You tend to rubbish arguments built on stats (most of the times I am in complete agreement with that) when they don't go your way but throw them about when it's eriksen.
Those stats are part of a bigger picture, if you can honestly say that eriksen has been giving his all for us since the start of last then fine, we will agree to disagree.
I totally respect your view in general and hope I'm not coming across as digging you out or looking for an argument.
Even on this our difference of opinion is I hope amicable and I only mentioned you because of your aversion to stats based cases and how they don't always tell the whole story.

Ok last time here,
This isn't about lamela.
MOTD, which I don't watch because it's brick and they talk brick, was quoted on here as slating lamela for the first goal. They are 400% correct on that. No argument.
My argument is we have been conceding goals like that for along time wether lamela was on the pitch or not.
Why start picking up on this now?
Why start on lamela, when it happens with whatever combination we have out there?
I'm not for a moment saying it's a conspiracy against lamela btw.
What I am saying is that pointing that finger now against one player (and it could be any player) is missing an elephant in the room.
We have a problem whoever is playing.
It goes much much deeper than one player and if the focus is on that narrow a target then we won't solve it.

It isn’t against Lamela
It’s against ALL the players. They all played poorly
But Lamela yesterday failed really badly at his one endearing feature. His work rate. Hence the comments
Hugo failed miserably too as IMO he is excellent as those types of crosses and that got him injured

And my comments stand that you know we’re in a bad place when players who are there to work hard don’t do that. And I still say out issue is when players like Lamela and sissoko have been out better players you can see why we have problems (non technical players)

You tend to rubbish arguments built on stats (most of the times I am in complete agreement with that) when they don't go your way but throw them about when it's eriksen.
Those stats are part of a bigger picture, if you can honestly say that eriksen has been giving his all for us since the start of last then fine, we will agree to disagree.
I totally respect your view in general and hope I'm not coming across as digging you out or looking for an argument.
Even on this our difference of opinion is I hope amicable and I only mentioned you because of your aversion to stats based cases and how they don't always tell the whole story.

No offense taken at all mate and i do not think you were trying to dig me out, you are right i have the opinion that stats do not always tell the true story having worked with them in football for most of my life i know they are wrongly used on a lot of occasions ( mostly by those who want tp push a agenda they are trying to make).

However the stat about Eriksen having 10 goals and 17 assists last season is true and i could not see how you could suspect it was wrong. No worries mate.

Translation:

Stats are flimflam unless they agree with me

It isn’t against Lamela
It’s against ALL the players. They all played poorly
But Lamela yesterday failed really badly at his one endearing feature. His work rate. Hence the comments
Hugo failed miserably too as IMO he is excellent as those types of crosses and that got him injured

And my comments stand that you know we’re in a bad place when players who are there to work hard don’t do that. And I still say out issue is when players like Lamela and sissoko have been out better players you can see why we have problems (non technical players)

The big issue for me is we've never replaced wanyama, got cover for dier and to a lesser degree the moose.
All these problems are taken away if we do. Or at least it gives us time solve the other much smaller issues.
Having said that I think it's gone beyond that now, the squad dynamic is broke.

Back